Matt Milano injury

AZSanta

11 minutes ago, BuffaloSkills said:

Broke my tibia plateau 2 years ago now. From a 43 rear old, non pro athlete perspective. If he comes back from this it's just amazing.  you're talking serious hardware in the knee.

Same here. I broke mine over a decade ago in my late 30s. Doc prognosis was eventual knee replacement, although I've staved that off so far.  I chose to leave my hardware in.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Keep making me hope.

There really is no hope for this season. Medically and logically, it's WAY too soon and McDermott has said time and again, it doesn't look good.

Holding out hope because he's said that instead of saying "no" is the very definition of Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber - "so you're saying there's a chance...."

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

There really is no hope for this season. Medically and logically, it's WAY too soon and McDermott has said time and again, it doesn't look good.

Holding out hope because he's said that instead of saying "no" is the very definition of Garth from Dumb and Dumber - "so you're saying there's a chance...."

Thing is nobody even really knows the extent of his injury…..

9 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Holding out hope because he's said that instead of saying "no" is the very definition of Garth from Dumb and Dumber - "so you're saying there's a chance...."

Garth was from Waynes World. Thats a Lloyd Christmas quote from D&D

• Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I disagree. I’m very aware that the odds of him returning are extremely low. But I don’t recall ever seeing an player’s injury status handled like this. Maybe something similar has happened but the way the situation has been handled all around is weird. 

McD has never said that Milano is conclusively out for the rest of the season, no matter how far into the playoffs we may go. There’s always something included with the way he answers that leaves it a bit unclear. It’s always he “thinks” he won’t come back, or it’s “probably” not going to happen.  They’ve never even clarified the specifics of the injury. 

Again, it seems wildly unlikely he’ll play again this year at all, but I think it’s fair to wonder if there is still a very outside chance, considering the ambiguity of how it’s been talked about. 

15 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Thing is nobody even really knows the extent of his injury…..

It's a Right Tibial Plateau Fracture. And from the video, a pretty gnarly one at that. It takes 4 months to get back to walking and moving normally, let alone playing NFL football at a high level. He sustained the injury 10/8. 

14 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Garth was from Waynes World. Thats a Lloyd Christmas quote from D&D

Whoops - thanks for the correction.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

It's a Right Tibial Plateau Fracture. And from the video, a pretty gnarly one at that. It takes 4 months to get back to walking and moving normally, let alone playing NFL football at a high level. He sustained the injury 10/8. 

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t he walk off the field and into the locker room?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Holding out hope because he's said that instead of saying "no" is the very definition of Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber - "so you're saying there's a chance...."

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952ky8o0yl3uut1n118fj2

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

looked pretty solid jumping here 3 weeks ago. Game shape and contact im sure a different animal though.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Dick_Cheney said:

I disagree. I’m very aware that the odds of him returning are extremely low. But I don’t recall ever seeing an player’s injury status handled like this. Maybe something similar has happened but the way the situation has been handled all around is weird. 

McD has never said that Milano is conclusively out for the rest of the season, no matter how far into the playoffs we may go. There’s always something included with the way he answers that leaves it a bit unclear. It’s always he “thinks” he won’t come back, or it’s “probably” not going to happen.  They’ve never even clarified the specifics of the injury. 

Again, it seems wildly unlikely he’ll play again this year at all, but I think it’s fair to wonder if there is still a very outside chance, considering the ambiguity of how it’s been talked about. 

mcdermott did the same thing with Daquan Jones and yet here he is playing in week 17

1 minute ago, Bills!Win! said:

mcdermott did the same thing with Daquan Jones and yet here he is playing in week 17

No.

Daquan's injury didn't have any mystery behind it. The updates McDermott gave the last few weeks were far more specific than how the Milano situation has been handled.

11 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

They never disclosed it. Must be real bad, maybe both ligaments and a clean break. 

If it was that bad would he be able to stand up like he has been without crutches after 3 months? I don’t know anything about knee or leg injuries 

6 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

They never disclosed it. Must be real bad, maybe both ligaments and a clean break. 

Yet he's jumping on the sidelines without crutches 2 months later? Doubtful. No one knows if there even is ligament damage. 

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Matt Milano is coming back for the super bowl 🏈 

Guarantee he’ll start  in the 4th Q to close out the game 

• Haha (+1) 1

I wanted this for a team morale boost. Perfect, they can ride this high today. Next week, something else to focus on —Kim Pegula. Super Bowl — the whole of us.

As for Milano, doubt he’ll be physically prepared for the type of game a Super Bowl is. So I want the Bills to be realistic about what he can do. I fear a let down if he’s ineffective and/or gets reinjured. So either don’t dress him, or know he can only go a handful of plays. Please don’t bank on him, so you won’t be let down.

One positive of this season ending - I think we found out that Matt Milano was the quiet unsung hero of our defense in years past. He’s probably the 2nd best player on our team. We get him back 

Edited by Bills!Win!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.