The Stadium Wall gives me solace

Dan Darragh

9 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Haha I love how the lead up to the game around here was ‘the bucs defense is actually good we will probably lose the game’ and then there was a meltdown anyway because we made some mistakes despite winning the game fairly comfortably 

Except for the Hail Mary at end. Real time it wasn’t but the replay showed they dodged a bullet 😮💨 

• Thank you (+1) 1

There are a lot of whiners on the board.  I think they have been spoiled and have developed a sense of entitlement since 2019.  But I guess that is America in 2023.  Good thing this generation will not have to fight Nazi Germany, or we likely would all be speaking German.  The Greatest Generation--NOT.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Haha I love how the lead up to the game around here was ‘the bucs defense is actually good we will probably lose the game’ and then there was a meltdown anyway because we made some mistakes despite winning the game fairly comfortably 

Fairly comfortably? You really have to be kidding! The Bills could’ve easily been flagged for pass interference in the end zone and the Bucs would’ve gotten the ball at the one yard line.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Except for the Hail Mary at end. Real time it wasn’t but the replay showed they dodged a bullet 😮💨 

I cannot disagree more strongly lol the only receiver in the area literally had no idea where the ball was.  The way people are talking about this is such a ridiculous exaggeration from how it actually played out.  
there was a 0% chance that ball was getting caught. Godwin was likely not the initial target on that play and the pass rush/some defensive traffic prevented him from getting to his spot in time so he was completely turned around …the ball was likely supposed to hit a receiver closer to the start of the end zone and Godwin was camping out to catch a tipped ball. 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Fairly comfortably? You really have to be kidding! The Bills could’ve easily been flagged for pass interference in the end zone and the Bucs would’ve gotten the ball at the one yard line.

Respectfully disagree.  PI being called on a Hail Mary like that is about 100-1.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And mike evans could have been flagged for opi which would have offset and the clock was at 0.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I cannot disagree more strongly lol the only receiver in the area literally had no idea where the ball was.  The way people are talking about this is such a ridiculous exaggeration from how it actually played out.  
there was a 0% chance that ball was getting caught. Godwin was likely not the initial target on that play and the pass rush/some defensive traffic prevented him from getting to his spot in time so he was completely turned around …the ball was likely supposed to hit a receiver closer to the start of the end zone and Godwin was camping out to catch a tipped ball. 

They aren’t trying to catch it. They’re trying for a pass interference call….which they CLEARLY should’ve gotten. 

1 minute ago, Casey D said:

Respectfully disagree.  PI being called on a Hail Mary like that is about 100-1.

That’s true….but the Bills clearly were guilty. 

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

You think that Hail Marys are drawn up with a specific target in mind?

2 minutes ago, Casey D said:

The Bills have been called for DPI on a Hail Mary before.

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yea….no chance when Mike evans is shoving defenders in the back down there lol. Y’all are still broken from the hail Murray which wasn’t even really a Hail Mary so this whole thing is completely ironic 😂. Bucs would hit that play last night probably 1/1000 times. The area the football was supposed to go was very well defended and baker wildly missed so it ended up sailing by Godwin who was getting in position to catch a tipped pass and wasn’t ready for it.  

4 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

You don’t? 😂. They get thrown to a spot and baker missed it.  You think Godwin was just spinning around in the end zone for fun if he was supposed to be a primary target? Lol y’all are too much 

usually the ball is supposed to be closer to the beginning of the end zone so multiple receivers have a shot at a tipped pass 

i don’t remember the play you’re referencing but there’s a good chance it wasn’t actually a Hail Mary.  People misuse the term Hail Mary literally all the time…every deep pass to close out a game is not a Hail Mary.  When there’s as many offensive players committing interference as defensive, no flag is coming out period 

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

They aren’t trying to catch it. They’re trying for a pass interference call….which they CLEARLY should’ve gotten. 

That’s true….but the Bills clearly were guilty. 

evans did the same on that play. could have been offensive PI too.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

An actual thought that I had when it looked like the Bills were about to hand a win to Tampa Bay:

"If we lose this game, reading TSW is going to be especially entertaining."

So thanks, guys, you're the next best thing to an easy win.

lol I was thinking how this place would be burning with such takes as “it’s Allen’s fault for not being Superman” and “Yiu can’t blame the D they are banged up” 

3 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

More offensive PI. Poyer was mugged, pushed to ground on the HailMary.

Maybe God was taking a leak during the HailMary and couldn't wave his magical hand over them...

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

You don’t? 😂. They get thrown to a spot and baker missed it.  You think Godwin was just spinning around in the end zone for fun if he was supposed to be a primary target? Lol y’all are too much 

usually the ball is supposed to be closer to the beginning of the end zone so multiple receivers have a shot at a tipped pass 

Oh yeah, clearly, a Hail Mary is drawn up with a specific player/target in mind ....LMAO.

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea….no chance when Mike evans is shoving defenders in the back down there lol. Y’all are still broken from the hail Murray which wasn’t even really a Hail Mary so this whole thing is completely ironic 😂. Bucs would hit that play last night probably 1/1000 times. The area the football was supposed to go was very well defended and baker wildly missed so it ended up sailing by Godwin who was getting in position to catch a tipped pass and wasn’t ready for it.  

I’m not as comfortable leaving it to the whim of NFL referees. I’ve seen way too many head scratchers over the decades. The bottom line is that the Bills should’ve never been in that situation. 

• Agree 2

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

More offensive PI. Poyer was mugged, pushed to ground on the HailMary.

Maybe God was taking a leak during the HailMary and couldn't wave his magical hand over them...

Yes, could have been OPI as well.  My point was that the Bills being called for DPI on a Hail Mary isn't a really far-fetched scenario, as it's happened before.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Oh yeah, clearly, a Hail Mary is drawn up with a specific player/target in mind ....LMAO.

They get thrown to a spot on the field lol not a specific player..  teams want to maximize how many guys have a shot at a ricocheted ball. Players all have predefined spots they’re supposed to be in the end zone to maximize their chance of catching a tip and godwin was late getting to his.  You think they all just run around backyard football style? Lol makes no sense 

it’s a schemed up play like everything else…usually your taller players are up by the goal line jumping to high point the ball but they had mike evans deep in the end zone shoving people for whatever reason 

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They get thrown to a spot on the field lol not a specific player..  teams want to maximize how many guys have a shot at a ricocheted ball. Players all have predefined spots they’re supposed to be in the end zone to maximize their chance of catching an tip and godwin was late getting to his.  You think they all just run around backyard football style? Lol makes no sense 

So your comment upthread, "Godwin was likely not the initial target", really made no sense, as you admit that no specific player is generally targeted on a Hail Mary.

6 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

i don’t remember the play you’re referencing but there’s a good chance it wasn’t actually a Hail Mary.  People misuse the term Hail Mary literally all the time…every deep pass to close out a game is not a Hail Mary.  When there’s as many offensive players committing interference as defensive, no flag is coming out period 

It happened in a Bills-Patriots game.  The same one where they were obviously short of the sticks on a fourth down pass and the sideline official said "just give it to them"

Resulted in an untimed down.  Pats scored and won the game.  Bills had only a couple players on the field for the extra point attempt after the TD.

• Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

So your comment upthread, "Godwin was likely not the initial target", really made no sense, as you admit that no specific player is generally targeted on a Hail Mary.

It made perfect sense because the ball is supposed to go to a spot that he is not in lol he’s hanging out trying to catch a tipped ball while other players try to high point it near the front of the end zone.  Looked like the pass rush sped the throw up and the bucs weren’t in position…at first I thought Godwin just lost the football while he was tracking it but that does not look to be the case 

I really don’t get the pushback here lol this is literally textbook football 101 stuff.  A completed Hail Mary is oftentimes a deflected pass and if you are launching the ball deep into the end zone you’re taking a lot of that away because you’ve gotta worry about balls getting deflected out of bounds 

y’all think they just wing it deep with no plan and pray and Godwin just happened to be facing backwards not looking for the football for no particular reason and we almost lost because a ball fell close to a guy that made 0 attempt to catch it? Lol come on now that’s even sillier than anything you think that you’re laughing at 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BCAS Baritone said:

It happened in a Bills-Patriots game.  The same one where they were obviously short of the sticks on a fourth down pass and the sideline official said "just give it to them"

Resulted in an untimed down.  Pats scored and won the game.  Bills had only a couple players on the field for the extra point attempt after the TD.

Yep - new fans don't remember that game.

Ben F'n Coates.

21 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Even with you saying all that, it's still not defining a comfortable win.

13 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

That was Evans that shoved Poyer right to the ground, plain as day... Probably the worse in that scrum.

Anyway. Could have offset and replayed down. 😆 

did anyone see von get held like it was a wrestling match? right in front of the official and no flag.

• Agree 1

Just now, White Linen said:

Even with you saying all that, it's still not defining a comfortable win.

That’s certainly debatable at least and I can understand the other side of it…the way the second half went down I don’t personally see how the bucs could’ve scored two tds without hitting an obscenely unlikely deep Hail Mary attempt so I’d personally call that fairly comfortable but I could see why others would not

a desperation last second play is how a lot of games end for a team that is controlling the game 

56 minutes ago, Casey D said:

There are a lot of whiners on the board.  I think they have been spoiled and have developed a sense of entitlement since 2019.  But I guess that is America in 2023.  Good thing this generation will not have to fight Nazi Germany, or we likely would all be speaking German.  The Greatest Generation--NOT.

No one is spoiled, stop being ok with medicore results. Expect excellence

42 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Initial target??  I’m not sure that’s how a Hail Mary works.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

oooh yeah I’m gonna have to disagree with the “fairly comfortably bit” there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.