Would McDermott Fire Dorsey If We Fail Thursday?

boyst

Would McDermott Fire Dorsey?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. If we come out flat and lay another egg against TB on offense heading into our bye week, would McDermott fire/demote/remove responsibilities of play calling/OC from Dorsey?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If we fail to score points, should he fire him before the bye?

• yes
    • no

Before this season I said that if Dorsey showed the same tendencies as last year he would be fired before Thanksgiving. It has clearly gotten worse, overall. 

While there have been flashes of real change, such as those seen in the Dolphin's game and even yesterday against the Pats as the game progressed, in the NFL you cannot be a contending, or even winning offense, with such shocking inconsistency.

If I had to bet I would bet that he does not fire Dorsey, but does things behind the scenes, giving more of the OC responsibilities to Brady, Shula and others, and getting the players more involved..

But the Bills players seem to be lacking in confidence now, much like the fans, and if that continues he could very well be fired during the season.

It’s amazing how Bills fans are so focused on the Offense. Your O even though started off slow scores 25 points. Why is that significant? The Patriots were until Sunday 0- 25  when the other team scores 24 or more points in a game. Mac Jones has never led the team back in the 4th quarter in 3 years.. (not all his fault but the QB gets credit and blame) 

You almost lost to the Giants and their backup QB because your D couldn’t stop their O late in the 4th quarter and you were a PI call away from possibly losing. 

Right now the Bills have a defense problem more than an offense problem. 

21 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Ridiculous concept for this thread.

Bills scored 25 points, that wins most NFL games ESPECIALLY vs an inept offense such as the Pats and Mac Jones.

To bring up the TBD favorite whipping boy Dorsey is absurd. 

So you’re saying it’s the players not executing and its not Dorsey? 

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

So you’re saying it’s the players not executing and its not Dorsey? 

No I am not saying that or insinuating it, not at all.  Read what I wrote again then.

The Bills lost on Sunday because of the defense, NOT because of the offense or Dorsey but many are obsessed and want to scape goat him for everything.  The Bills lost on Sunday because we made Mac Freakin Jones look like Tom Brady.

• Like (+1) 3

16 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I just find it interesting that a data report of EPA for NFL offenses the last 3 weeks has Bills 2nd behind KC. Meanwhile, The Milanoless, Treless, Daquonless D ranks at or near the bottom in everything. Food for thought huh

Just means that EPA is a stupid useless stat.

18 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I just find it interesting that a data report of EPA for NFL offenses the last 3 weeks has Bills 2nd behind KC. Meanwhile, The Milanoless, Treless, Daquonless D ranks at or near the bottom in everything. Food for thought huh

The best part of the defense, is that the offense is controlling the ball for the majority of the game. 32 minutes vs 28 against the pats.  Given the Bills EPA, we should be trying to run track meets against teams like the Patriots. But it seems protecting the facade that the defense is good is the more important goal for the offense. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Freak-O said:

I don’t know if it would be wise to fire an OC in the middle of the season while we still are in the playoff race. Dorsey hasn’t really impressed me though. I miss the trick plays Daboll sometimes threw in. Nowadays they are totally gone. 

What is missing is the Josh Allen threat of running the football. Something that in all likelihood McBeane tried to remove from the Daboll playbook while Brian Daboll was still OC for the Buffalo Bills. Dabolls response was probably something like " you coach them then".

Across the league we see teams with mobile signal callers running the football more from the QB position. Who is at fault here when other facets of the Offense have shown improvement? RB by committee has improved and the 1st round rookie TE Kincaid is coming on strong. The kind of improvements that can help carry the team when the weather turns ugly.

On 10/23/2023 at 1:27 PM, SCBills said:

No, he won't.

Yes, I'd hope he would.

Reality is, should the offense struggle at home on TNF and we lose to Tampa Bay.... Friday will be a media bloodbath like we've never seen here.  

I have a feeling fans will be walking into the stadium with pockets full of "boos" ready to use if necessary, and I for one, hope they use them if necessary 

• Agree 1

On 10/23/2023 at 6:03 PM, MJS said:

I don't think so. It would probably happen at the end of the season if McDermott wanted to fire him.

Besides, what is the backup option?

Joe brady would be the backup option. Not saying Dorsey should be fired.

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We keep talking about Dorsey but when I watch the games I'm seeing bonehead mistakes killing drives. Was it on Dorsey that the Knox TD was called back? I don't think play calling is the issue. It's playing with your head on straight.

I agree and if one of these plays are successful we end up winning the game and everyone's great

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

Defensive “guru” McD is the bugger issue.  D continually gets beat on game winning drives and is abysmal against average and bad offenses. 

Yeah, i am trendinging in that direction now.   Yes I know we lost Milano, White, & Jones  but every team has injuries. 

I never bought into the "defensive guru" non-sense.  Maybe he was 10-15 years ago but antiquated old schemes systems don't last long in the NFL.

On 10/23/2023 at 11:03 AM, MJS said:

I don't think so. It would probably happen at the end of the season if McDermott wanted to fire him.

Besides, what is the backup option?

Seriously.  Can someone answer this question? 

How many games does the replacement get while Josh learns how to adjust pre-snap. 

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.