Josh Allen….detached.

Brian Higgins hair

30 minutes ago, Shemp said:

A main concept they've drummed into Allen this year is "don't get hurt." That's a passive concept like "prevent defense" and "playing not to lose" and these ideas never work.

Btw, I think Diggs is gone next year.

What do you think their plan is to work around the $31 million dead cap if he’s moved next year? 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Nothing is wrong with him. I just don’t think he can believe he plays with the crap he does . Gabe Davis 1 catch 6 yards 🙄

He has no damn support from these dumba ss coaches who for 5+ years have insisted on emphasizing defense. No #2 wr, No OL, No TE's, No run game. I'd be disillusioned too .

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, Brian Higgins hair said:

…and today?

If your point is that the something that has changed is that he’s learning to better manage his emotions on the sideline, I can buy that.  If you think that he just doesn’t care about winning because he isn’t rah rah on the sidelines 100% of the time, I think that’s a crock.  Were you saying that when he smashed the ball across the goal line yesterday to take the lead with 2 mins left in the game?

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Nothing is wrong with him. I just don’t think he can believe he plays with the crap he does . Gabe Davis 1 catch 6 yards 🙄

I kind of agree with ya. Josh has had to change his game because of lack of weapons, protection and McD stopping him from running. He’s taken the short passes and now the offense is starting to slow down again. Teams keep making adjustments and it’s all on him to keep changing when we don’t got the group around him to do it as a unit. 

42 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You’ll disappear when he goes off for four tds in a game a game again. 

This isn’t about questioning Allen’s talent. We all know what he’s capable of. This is about wondering what’s wrong here…something has changed between the killer Josh to the current Josh.

if you and others believe we are dealing with the same Josh killer Attitude of a couple years ago, well, I respectfully disagree. 

Edited by Brian Higgins hair

5 minutes ago, BananaB said:

I kind of agree with ya. Josh has had to change his game because of lack of weapons, protection and McD stopping him from running. He’s taken the short passes and now the offense is starting to slow down again. Teams keep making adjustments and it’s all on him to keep changing when we don’t got the group around him to do it as a unit. 

Not only many of us saying it Chris Simms had an entire segment on it last week so it’s a national deal now 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

But that’s not his strength. There was a play yesterday when the Pats come out showing one thing and then changed that mid snap count. The Bills got a delay of game penalty because Josh got confused. Josh Allen cannot be Payton Manning or even Joe Burrow. Those guys had elite level coaching from when they were in diapers. He’s Brett Favre who can run. Let him play that way.

I agree. The offense needs to be a bit more structured and deliberate in its play design and scheming and then adding those 2nd chance creation plays on top of it. Favre played his whole career in a highly structured west coast offense and then his playmaking was an added bonus.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.