We need another weapon...and dorsey is a tool

Hebert19

1 minute ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

We need more shotgun on 3rd and short situations.  It's soooo effective....

Second down from the one....Josh in shotgun.....running play....loss of 2

Third down from the three....Josh under center....passing play....TD.

Luckily it ended up in a TD, but second down from the one needs to be an under center play, IMO. Josh Allen with the "tush push" for the TD should have been the call on second down.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Sssoooo.... its just devolved into calling guys tools? As the Jets game proves, all the guy can do is call plays he thinks will put them into a good position. If the execution is poor, then he looks like a 'tool'. Does work need to be done? I assume so. He followed up the worst call (shotgun to a rb from the 1) with the best call and redeemed himself there. But at the end of the day, I consider myself a relatively aware football fan, but know that the success of the OC cant just be judged by the result of a play we see. Many times the play doesnt work. I just hope youve actually put in the work to make the assessment you claim here and as you are calling the guy a tool... well Im going to guess thats a no

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Sssoooo.... it’s just devolved into calling guys tools? As the Jets game proves, all the guy can do is call plays he thinks will put them into a good position. If the execution is poor, then he looks like a 'tool'. Does work need to be done? I assume so. He followed up the worst call (shotgun to a rb from the 1) with the best call and redeemed himself there. But at the end of the day, I consider myself a relatively aware football fan, but know that the success of the OC cant just be judged by the result of a play we see. Many times the play doesnt work. I just hope youve actually put in the work to make the assessment you claim here and as you are calling the guy a tool... well Im going to guess thats a no

This extreme criticism of an OC when you’ve got guys dropping multiple critical wide open passes on third down every week and your offensive line can’t pass block to save their lives is still a little wild to me. Like I can’t fully wrap my head around it.  Running under center was getting decent yardage but you’re always one stuffed run away from being behind the chains which also happened multiple times this game.

every play caller in the league struggles in those conditions 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

I was happy last year when he was hired. But uhh, this ain't workin. I don't know what you do now though. We're kinda screwed. 

The same thing you did with Frazier. Make him decide to take a year off. And hire a madden tournament winner to run plays. Anything would be better 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

This extreme criticism of an OC when you’ve got guys dropping multiple critical wide open passes on third down every week and your offensive line can’t pass block to save their lives is still a little wild to me. Like I can’t fully wrap my head around it.  Running under center was getting decent yardage but you’re always one stuffed run away from being behind the chains which also happened multiple times this game.

every play caller in the league struggles in those conditions 

Football has all types of 'fans' and for whatever reason, that type likes to come here and wear their keyboards out after anything less than an amazing game.  To each their own, but at the detriment to the people with a clue.

This offense is set up to flow through Allen and Diggs. That's it. WR2, WR3 the RBs... afterthoughts fighting for scraps. The TEs are non-existent. 

Maybe if we had a RT that didn't need constant hand holding it could result in our TEs being more than outlet throws. Week in and week out we see on the All 22 guys are open just to see Allen constantly push the ball to Diggs. Just last night Allen had Cook WIDE open in the middle of the field and took a scramble run instead. 

This offense doesn't need more guys running around watching Diggs catch passes. They need to use what they have 

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

This offense is set up to flow through Allen and Diggs. That's it. WR2, WR3 the RBs... afterthoughts fighting for scraps. The TEs are non-existent. 

Maybe if we had a RT that didn't need constant hand holding it could result in our TEs being more than outlet throws. Week in and week out we see on the All 22 guys are open just to see Allen constantly push the ball to Diggs. Just last night Allen had Cook WIDE open in the middle of the field and took a scramble run instead. 

This offense doesn't need more guys running around watching Diggs catch passes. They need to use what they have 

I think in the Miami game there was a reasonably good job of spreading the ball around.

Edited by Warriorspikes51

We don't have a true assessment of the talent we have.  Who's to say they'd know what to do if they acquired another "blue chip" talent on offense?  It took 6 weeks to scheme up a play for Harty, a guy who flashed with Saints whenever he touched the ball.  Cook is open in short passing game with space.  They have talent. 

Edited by YodaMan79

We signed Sherfield, Harty, and drafted Shakir and Kincaid for what?? Either the OC has no clue how to scheme those guys into offense or Diggs has gotten into Josh’s head so much that he only looks for him. He had 16 targets yesterday

I really like Shakir..but I don’t think he’s given enough opportunities to make plays. They gave Harty a 2yr contract so I figured he would be more involved in the offense as well. 

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I think in the Miami game there was a reasonably good job of spreading the ball around

And I agree. I think the thing most people here fail to see is that this is how the offense is structured. It's supposed to be a chunk of catches for Diggs and 2-4 catches for everyone else. Spread the ball evenly around to 4-5 other guys. And that's fine. It works. However, games like last night where it's pretty much Diggs or no one hamper the offense IMO.

23 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

And I agree. I think the thing most people here fail to see is that this is how the offense is structured. It's supposed to be a chunk of catches for Diggs and 2-4 catches for everyone else. Spread the ball evenly around to 4-5 other guys. And that's fine. It works. However, games like last night where it's pretty much Diggs or no one hamper the offense IMO.

We still have bad drops every week from the supporting cast

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.