Jerry Jeudy is Available (?) Do you want him & What is your offer?

Warriorspikes51

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Nah......dude just has some serious mental illness going on.

MUCH of the sh!t he says is just utter, idiotic nonsense.........but something he did re-inforces an opinion held by some and they make the mistake of thinking that Smith must be insightful.

Nope.  

EVERY great player has some sort of mental tick. That's what makes them different/special.

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Nah......dude just has some serious mental illness going on.

MUCH of the sh!t he says is just utter, idiotic nonsense.........but something he did re-inforces an opinion held by some and they make the mistake of thinking that Smith must be insightful.

Nope.  

He’s a bad mfer….with some serious mental issues.  Both can be true.  

I’m not a fan of him as an analyst/tv personality, as I think generally goes overboard with most of was he says.  

I did enjoy this though.  Jeudy is a fool.  Could be a very good WR, but there’s something inside keeping him from achieving that.  

• Like (+1) 1

I don't have an issue trading a 3rd for him, but the problem is the contract extension we'd have to sign him to.

Considering between Josh and Diggs alone the cap hit next year will be north of $70m I don't really think it's feasible to expect any additions to our WR corps to be anything other than a rookie and crazy cheap vets.

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't have an issue trading a 3rd for him, but the problem is the contract extension we'd have to sign him to.

Considering between Josh and Diggs alone the cap hit next year will be north of $70m I don't really think it's feasible to expect any additions to our WR corps to be anything other than a rookie and crazy cheap vets.

He is under contract next year for his FYO. 

19 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Would you prefer to pay him $13m next season or lock Gabe up for $15-$19m (?) per season with a cap hit probably close to or under $10m next year?

Would depend on how he did here. 

Although if he performed really well, and we really liked him, we could extend him past that option as well and lower his cap hit next year. 

It’s all moot anyway. we aren’t trading for any weapons. We are gonna get deep into the postseason, it will be third down, Diggs and Davis won’t be open and someone will need to make a play. Hope Harty and Sherfield can do it. 

On 10/14/2023 at 9:42 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

Don’t have to pay him. Third for him. Spend a first rounder on a wide receiver. He plays out his deal putting up great numbers and we get a comp pick 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Don’t have to pay him. Third for him. Spend a first rounder on a wide receiver. He plays out his deal putting up great numbers and we get a comp pick 

I'm not spending more than a 4th. With the questions he has with maturity and effort, he may not be a fit here period.

And with the amount of FA's we have next offseason and the terrible cap situation we're in, we'll need all our Day 1 and Day 2 picks.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

“Anymore” ?  Dude is 24 years old. Same age as Dalton Kincaid. 

1) Steve Smith is not 24 years old.   This is a message board you can pretty easily go back a few posts to get perspective on the discussion without asking a ridiculous question.

2) If you think Jeudy has been a great pro at any points.........and therefore can be "not a great player anymore"............then you don't follow the NFL very closely.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'm not spending more than a 4th. With the questions he has with maturity and effort, he may not be a fit here period.

And with the amount of FA's we have next offseason and the terrible cap situation we're in, we'll need all our Day 1 and Day 2 picks.

we need to win it all this year and he helps us do that

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

we need to win it all this year and he helps us do that

Does he? He's done little to nothing this season outside of run off at the mouth on Twitter, underperform, and put forth such lackluster effort that Mark Schlereth called for flat out cutting him.

And even if he did buy in to McDermott's process and fit in fine, the way he brings along new players gives me little hope he'd see the field enough to make an impact.

If you think Jerry Jeudy is going to take us from where we are to "winning it all" - you're greatly exaggerating what he brings to the table on a surefire basis. It's a very boom or bust type move.

Just as likely, if not more, to yield little to no results or be a complete mess than it is to provide a massive impact. And I'm not paying more than a 4th for that.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

39 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Does he? He's done little to nothing this season outside of run off at the mouth on Twitter, underperform, and put forth such lackluster effort that Mark Schlereth called for flat out cutting him.

And even if he did buy in to McDermott's process and fit in fine, the way he brings along new players gives me little hope he'd see the field enough to make an impact.

If you think Jerry Jeudy is going to take us from where we are to "winning it all" - you're greatly exaggerating what he brings to the table on a surefire basis. It's a very boom or bust type move.

Just as likely, if not more, to yield little to no results or be a complete mess than it is to provide a massive impact. And I'm not paying more than a 4th for that.

Has 222 yards on an awful broncos team which would be third on our team by a long shot. Yes he would absolutely help us. 

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

Has 222 yards on an awful broncos team which would be third on our team by a long shot. Yes he would absolutely help us. 

He's averaging 37 yards a game, 15 yards in his last outing. Has been making news for all the wrong reasons. Will need to learn the playbook on the fly with a coach who doesn't play new players until they've gotten every minute detail down. Even Running Backs. I can't see how he's a "winning it all" type of move.

Again, I'm not paying more than a 4th for that kind of gamble with what we have financially and what's coming up in the Offseason.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

6 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

He's averaging 37 yards a game, 15 yards in his last outing. Has been making news for all the wrong reasons. Will need to learn the playbook on the fly with a coach who doesn't play new players until they've gotten every minute detail down. Even Running Backs. I can't see how he's a "winning it all" type of move.

Again, I'm not paying more than a 4th for that kind of gamble with what we have financially and what's coming up in the Offseason.

A 4th for a guy who is seemingly trying to make the Raiders look SMART to bypass him for Henry Ruggs?

9 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

josh demanded we sign cole last year to fix the offense. If josh says I want this guy you get him. Denver is losing a lot and seems to be dysfunctional from coaching to qb. Winning solves attitude problems. If he puts up numbers he makes more money either here or somewhere else 

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

josh demanded we sign cole last year to fix the offense. If josh says I want this guy you get him. Denver is losing a lot and seems to be dysfunctional from coaching to qb. Winning solves attitude problems. If he puts up numbers he makes more money either here or somewhere else 

Plus he’s a shiny object.

I’ve never seen juedy play in the nfl, but looking at his stats he put up some good numbers as a rookie and had one other very strong season.  The Broncos are a wreck and that certainly is going to affect a WRs production.

The Bills offense desperately needs a peerless price to take that next step into unstoppable.  Davis is so meh.  Diggs wore out his well one in Minnesota but has been nothing but great here.  

I could see this juedy guy benefiting from a fresh start.  A better team structure, with a top QB, and playing the #2 role, he could excel and get his confidence back.  This Allows Davis some better matchups, gets Diggs more 1v1, etc.

best of all his value is probably dirt low.  A mid round pick is likely what it would cost, and a mid round draft pick is usually  not an impact player.  Add in the fact that if we halls via free agency- we could easily get a comp pick back!!!

And people always over value draft picks.  Look at our draft picks from 2021 (now third year players)

Boogie Basham in the 2nd - traded for some used footballs

Spencer Brown 3rd - plays but not that well

Tommy Doyle 5th - I don’t think he’s on the team anymore

we had (3) 6th round picks Damar Hamlin is the only one you’d know and that’s more because of his injury.

In the 7th we took some guy I never heard of who is delivering packages for Amazon right now.

so basically, in hindsight, trading our 2nd, 5th, three 6s and a 7th for Juedy would be a pretty good value trade.

7 minutes ago, peterpan said:

I’ve never seen juedy play in the nfl, but looking at his stats he put up some good numbers as a rookie and had one other very strong season.  The Broncos are a wreck and that certainly is going to affect a WRs production.

The Bills offense desperately needs a peerless price to take that next step into unstoppable.  Davis is so meh.  Diggs wore out his well one in Minnesota but has been nothing but great here.  

I could see this juedy guy benefiting from a fresh start.  A better team structure, with a top QB, and playing the #2 role, he could excel and get his confidence back.  This Allows Davis some better matchups, gets Diggs more 1v1, etc.

best of all his value is probably dirt low.  A mid round pick is likely what it would cost, and a mid round draft pick is usually  not an impact player.  Add in the fact that if we halls via free agency- we could easily get a comp pick back!!!

And people always over value draft picks.  Look at our draft picks from 2021 (now third year players)

Boogie Basham in the 2nd - traded for some used footballs

Spencer Brown 3rd - plays but not that well

Tommy Doyle 5th - I don’t think he’s on the team anymore

we had (3) 6th round picks Damar Hamlin is the only one you’d know and that’s more because of his injury.

In the 7th we took some guy I never heard of who is delivering packages for Amazon right now.

so basically, in hindsight, trading our 2nd, 5th, three 6s and a 7th for Juedy would be a pretty good value trade.

He hasn't had a 1000 yard season yet in 4 years, but Garrett Wilson did with Zach Wilson throwing him the ball as a rookie last year and so did Chris Olave throwing with Old Man Dalton throwing him the ball.  

As another poster so eloquently put it...Jerry Jeudy plays more like Judge Judy.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

He hasn't had a 1000 yard season yet in 4 years, but Garrett Wilson did with Zach Wilson throwing him the ball as a rookie last year and so did Chris Olave throwing with Old Man Dalton throwing him the ball.  

As another poster so eloquently put it...Jerry Jeudy plays more like Judge Judy.

I think the 5th year options is the big deterrent to me.  He has a guaranteed 13M deal for next year so with our cap situation that means you basically have to extend him.

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, peterpan said:

What’s Knox cap hit if he is cut this off-season? He seems to be the most overpaid player on the team and the most replaceable.

No out until 2024 so he will be back, no savings to cut him.  

Id probably have more interest in adam thielen than jeudy tbh.  Can fit him in 2023 cap and his 2024 hit isn't excessive.  He also brings a skill set that we're needing more than jeudy.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue

19 minutes ago, peterpan said:

What’s Knox cap hit if he is cut this off-season? He seems to be the most overpaid player on the team and the most replaceable.

Who is your replacement?  J Smith, H Hunter, D Njoku?  All in the same range.  D Waller at $17M?  Good, experienced TEs cost in the range of Knox.

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Knox has too many drops.  A guy like Foster Moreau might fit.

Isn't it amazing how bad teams are almost defined by being in position to make easy plays but so often not making them?  Like the Giants being on the 1 yard line at the end of both halves last week but coming away with 0 points.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.