Milano and Daquan to IR. Klein signed.

Gambit

11 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What is the earliest they could be designated to return?  8 weeks?

Not expecting them to be ready, just curious how long IR is now.

Isn't it like 4 weeks the earliest or something like that.? 

Anyhow let the injured heal up for when they can play again and hoping that they can be given all the time needed because the replacements are doing enough to allow 5he team to walk away with wins regardless of how pretty the stats are or aren't just need to see  point better on scoreboard every game when the clock hits 0.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Funny how people forget 2 weeks ago.  

We got hosed by the NFL in their scheduling and it cost us 2 of our best players….. but there’s isn’t one team in the AFC that looks like a Super Bowl champion.  Before the injuries, we were playing better than anyone.  You should refrain from making finalities in October.  Lots can change.  

Many 4-6 loss teams have won the Super Bowl.  26 to be exact 

Oh, I didn't forget two weeks ago at all. I was happy we won. A lot of energy and emotion out into that game. We expect that in a playoff game but haven't seen that when it matters.

We were lucky to beat the Fins & Ravens. Those were both at home. We crushed the Patriots because of course we did.

Regardless, I am not sold on this team for a deep playoff push. 

Signed,

Jerry boyst Sullivan 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, boyst said:

Oh, I didn't forget two weeks ago at all. I was happy we won. A lot of energy and emotion out into that game. We expect that in a playoff game but haven't seen that when it matters.

We were lucky to beat the Fins & Ravens. Those were both at home. We crushed the Patriots because of course we did.

Regardless, I am not sold on this team for a deep playoff push. 

Signed,

Jerry boyst Sullivan 

You’re being a little too positive Jerry

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 10/11/2023 at 9:22 AM, Gambit said:

DOOMED I SAY, DOOMED!

God, the worst two guys to lose for the defense.  Even as much as I hate the Tre lost, we had depth.  Milano is besides Josh, my favorite Bills for the last 20 years.  Jones is like an immovable object and Oliver has been shining so well next to him.

On 10/11/2023 at 6:53 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Interested to see who starts in Milano’s spot. Klein won’t make any mistakes but limited athleticism.

I think it will be a mix of Dodson, Dorian

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

DOOMED I SAY, DOOMED!

God, the worst two guys to lose for the defense.  Even as much as I hate the Tre lost, we had depth.  Milano is besides Josh, my favorite Bills for the last 20 years.  Jones is like an immovable object and Oliver has been shining so well next to him.

Agreed.  Tim Settle has been very underwhelming

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking in on this one:  I heard both players had surgery, but nothing about how those surgeries went, and if there is any kind of timeline.  I don't believe either player has been ruled out for the season.

Has anyone heard anything on this?

I'm starting to think that this season could be shot if they don't make it back, barring a big trade.  I think we can still get in the playoffs, but don't think we can beat the top teams consistently enough to make it to the SB with what we currently have on D.

18 minutes ago, Success said:

Just checking in on this one:  I heard both players had surgery, but nothing about how those surgeries went, and if there is any kind of timeline.  I don't believe either player has been ruled out for the season.

Has anyone heard anything on this?

I'm starting to think that this season could be shot if they don't make it back, barring a big trade.  I think we can still get in the playoffs, but don't think we can beat the top teams consistently enough to make it to the SB with what we currently have on D.

There is optimism they can both return at some point before the end of the year.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

There is optimism they can both return at some point before the end of the year.

I mean, it would really be huge, even if they're only back for the playoffs.  

I have some faith that we can sneak in as a WC without them. But we'd need them at that point to have a chance against teams like the Chiefs and Ravens (imo).

30 minutes ago, bills742 said:

Based on McD's comments today on Milano (I believe he said he had surgery) and not ruling him out for the year, that gives me hope that he didn't tear any ligaments? 

It was interesting. He beat around the bush early in the PC when asked how Matt was doing (just talked about how he's back in the building and that he has a lot of injured guys to check in on) then was explicitly asked about the nature of the injury later, said it was confusing or something, talked about hockey designations (like lower body)

I still have not heard explicit confirmation that his ACL was spared. I would also love to know more. I'm hoping @HappyDays hears something at some point. 

I was just watching NFL Live, and while they were talking about tomorrow's game, they very matter-of-factly stated that Milano is out for the year with a  "broken leg and torn ACL". They did not act like they were breaking news, but I have never heard anyone else officially say it was his ACL. Did they make a mistake, or did I miss something?  

1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I was just watching NFL Live, and while they were talking about tomorrow's game, they very matter-of-factly stated that Milano is out for the year with a  "broken leg and torn ACL". They did not act like they were breaking news, but I have never heard anyone else officially say it was his ACL. Did they make a mistake, or did I miss something?  

I think they don't follow up on Milano as much as us.  The original fear was leg and ACL and I think they are just running with it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, buffaloboyinATL said:

It's what was initially reported, McDermott seemed to think they could both make it back but honestly I haven't seen any clear explanation one way or the other since.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Hmm, that's very interesting. I don't believe anyone has definitely said the ACL part anywhere else. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think they don't follow up on Milano as much as us.  The original fear was leg and ACL and I think they are just running with it.

That is exactly what I was hoping happened, but no one contradicted her (Laura Rutledge) when she said it.  Hopefully you are right.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.