The 2 point conversion attempt

buffblue

Has anyone had a good look at the replay? It seemed live that Allen had Shakir open immediately but didn't see it, then soft balled the throw when he did target him. Seemed similar to a play with Harty earlier in the year.

I know it didn't impact the result in the end, but is Allen picking up on sure fire opportunities in the red zone too late? Another comparison would be the McKenzie dirt throw in Miami last year (though exhaustion likely played a factor there). 

Not intending this to be a critical post of Allen, who I thought played well again today and was far from the problem for the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Has anyone had a good look at the replay? It seemed live that Allen had Shakir open immediately but didn't see it, then soft balled the throw when he did target him. Seemed similar to a play with Harty earlier in the year.

I know it didn't impact the result in the end, but is Allen picking up on sure fire opportunities in the red zone too late? Another comparison would be the McKenzie dirt throw in Miami last year (though exhaustion likely played a factor there). 

Not intending this to be a critical post of Allen, who I thought played well again today and was far from the problem for the Bills. 

He was a tad late getting it out (and not even sure Shakir was looking that fast) but the defender made a great break and outstanding open field tackle. 

Really in that situation you are hoping your guy can make one person miss in the open field. Shakir could not.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

I think you’re taking an example and casting a net out like it’s some kind of big problem.

It’s not a problem. Not even close. There will be times when Allen doesn’t make a good play. Shocking I know.

Fair enough. Just seemed to me (without the benefit of replay again) that he didn't look at the side of the field where Shakir was running wide open.

I also only bring this up because Shakir seemed so open that it looked like the play was designed to go to him. 

Edited by buffblue
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, buffblue said:

Fair enough. Just seemed to me (again, without the benefit of replay again) that he didn't look at the side of the field where Shakir was running wide open.

I also only bring this up because Shakir seemed so open that it looked like the play was designed to go to him. 

If that play is going to work Allen has to hold guys initially with his eyes. He can't look that way immediately or more defenders will flow that way quickly.

3 minutes ago, arcane said:

Josh's timing AND accuracy on those swing type passes is really bad. He's not a natural at them at all. Scrub em from the playbook, there are many other ways to get 2 yards.

It's not his best area. Overall it just felt like everything was off today. I mostly blame the OC as the early stagnancy really cost us, but to be fair you can't ignore the lack of execution across the whole offense

1 hour ago, buffblue said:

I saw two things on this play.  First, Tupac stayed in the flat too long, he needed to stem the route to the EZ.  Second, Josh threw the ball about 1 second late.  That gave the Jagoff time to close the distance and make a solid tackle. 

No one finds it weird on 2 pt conversion it looked like a designed play to guy at the bottom of our depth chart. Looked like it was there then it wasn’t. Over the past 3 weeks of trying to get Harty involved in play likes these that constantly have gone for no yards this seems like a very bad call. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, buffblue said:

I'm watching on TV yelling throw it, but agree he waited to long.

People are pointing to the drop by Cook, Unless there was another one, I recall the one early in the game and that was one of these where he's like 5 yards away from Allen, barely turned his head and Allen is firing a fastball at him.  And blaming him for the drop??  A couple weeks back there was a similar one, think it was to Knox.  Too often Allen isn't giving the receiver a fair shot to catch it on these 5 yard passes.

4 hours ago, buffblue said:

He lobbed it out there thinking Shakir had a easy stroll into the endzone and wanted to make sure of the catch is all.

41 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Why did we have a designed play to the last player on our depth chart on a 2 point conversion?

They’ll never see it coming! - Dorsey, probably, even though throwing to Diggs literally every play is the superior play to everything he has ever cooked up in his silly little brain.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.