12th Man Appreciation Thread

BillsPride12

Sounded incredible from the tv broadcast today and they usually really lower those field/ambient mics.  

I really need to get the stadium this year.  I remember in 98 the dolphins game was insane and then the jets game which was a tough loss the crowd was nuts.  I have vivid memories of sitting in the parking lot listening to the postgame and Parcells press conference and he talked about how good the crowd was that day.

anyway it seemed really loud just from the tv broadcast so the stadium must have been incredible.

I am going to listen to the radio broadcast today and see how that sounds

6 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Too bad they couldn’t get Guinness back out there to measure the decibel levels. 

That stadium, the way it is layed-out will never set a noise record.  If you transplanted our crowd into seattle, KC, or an indoor stadium, I have no doubt we would have the record, even on an average day.

• Like (+1) 2

Coach McDermott said it was loudest game he was at and even on offense they had trouble communicating.

How loud was it at game and were fans so excited they could not be quiet on offense or were their that many Fishy Friends there?

I remember in UB there were busloads of students from NYC and Lon G'island who would go to games against JEST and a few busloads for Mijami games.

As a seasoned contrarian I have to call out the lower rows of Sec 135.

Moved from front row aisle seat of Sec 114 2 years ago for better resale and to finally get on the Bills side and the crowd is disappointing. I'm the only STH that seems to attend games (full disclosure I typically sell 2 -3 of tix to susidize the $7K cost, and if you have some in the vicinity of Row 5 please make yourself known) so you would think that reseller attendees would be more enthusiastic. Those around me make multiple trips to get alcohol and food at the most inopportune times and are more interested in getting selfies than the game. Most importantly they rarely if ever cheer.  [End of Rant]

Cheer-small.jpg

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Coach McDermott said it was loudest game he was at and even on offense they had trouble communicating.

How loud was it at game and were fans so excited they could not be quiet on offense or were their that many Fishy Friends there?

I remember in UB there were busloads of students from NYC and Lon G'island who would go to games against JEST and a few busloads for Mijami games.

Crowd as a whole was well disciplined from the defense/offensive perspective.

Very surprised at the low percentage of Miami fans, especially with the season they were having. 

• Like (+1) 1

It was roughly 50% that loud last week.

In DC, when the commanders had the ball. 

I was there for my annual trip I take with college buddies where we pick one away game to all travel to from our current locations. We’ve done ATL, Baltimore, Jax, KC, and Miami so far. DC was the First time I’ve been to an away Bills game where the home team struggled at times on third down because it was so loud. It was awesome. 

• Like (+1) 2

I was at the game yesterday, and my voice is barely functional today. I don't recall screaming and yelling more at any game in my life. A couple times I was yelling so hard I started getting dizzy. It was LOUD.

There were Dolphins fans there, but nothing like you'd see with some other teams like the Steelers. I don't recall hearing them much at all during the game, even in the first quarter.

In the 4th quarter, up 28, I wanted to keep yelling to stick it to them but could barely do it from being so tired out. Fun stuff.

• Thank you (+1) 2

I was disappointed by the crowd at the 2022 home opener, people were being loud when the Bills were on offense and didn't start cheering on defense until the ball was basically being snapped, they were just sluggish and particularly drunk that day. Seemed much more dialed in yesterday, the noise came almost as soon as the teams huddled up. 

11 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

It was definitely louder yesterday than it was for the game they brought Guinness out there to measure it 

Would’ve been sweet if they were there on their own organically to witness the crowd and measure the decibels. I wasn’t there but that crowd sounded amazing on tv. 

I can’t wait to hear how loud the crowd will be at the new stadium 😊

Edited by Breakout Squad

6 hours ago, Rubes said:

I was at the game yesterday, and my voice is barely functional today. I don't recall screaming and yelling more at any game in my life. A couple times I was yelling so hard I started getting dizzy. It was LOUD.

There were Dolphins fans there, but nothing like you'd see with some other teams like the Steelers. I don't recall hearing them much at all during the game, even in the first quarter.

In the 4th quarter, up 28, I wanted to keep yelling to stick it to them but could barely do it from being so tired out. Fun stuff.

You really need to come see us in Hammers! 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, DieHardFan said:

As a seasoned contrarian I have to call out the lower rows of Sec 135.

Moved from front row aisle seat of Sec 114 2 years ago for better resale and to finally get on the Bills side and the crowd is disappointing. I'm the only STH that seems to attend games (full disclosure I typically sell 2 -3 of tix to susidize the $7K cost, and if you have some in the vicinity of Row 5 please make yourself known) so you would think that reseller attendees would be more enthusiastic. Those around me make multiple trips to get alcohol and food at the most inopportune times and are more interested in getting selfies than the game. Most importantly they rarely if ever cheer.  [End of Rant]

Cheer-small.jpg

Crowd as a whole was well disciplined from the defense/offensive perspective.

Very surprised at the low percentage of Miami fans, especially with the season they were having. 

Section 135, 35 rows back and our group holds up our end of the deal, LOUD AND PROUD. Unfortunately when somebody sells, the selfies and those that can't hold their beer are sure to head for the bathroom during a play. Some go so often I wonder why they don't just stay in the tunnel and watch on TV. Save us all the trouble of having to move every couple of minutes. Perhaps an adult diaper.

On 10/2/2023 at 12:30 PM, Rubes said:

Your service did not go unnoticed. Y’all were ***** LOUD. 

• Like (+1) 1

I was there and thought it was the loudest I can recall. We're in 311 up row 35 way so it's us and the gulls basically but damn was it loud. I could feel the sound. Not just decibel level either, folks kept going back to it. Sometimes a big play will suck the energy out but it kept coming back. Well done everyone else who was there. 

It may have been louder when Hines returned that kickoff last year. I think we were all stunned to see it happening and then we all went nutso from Hines at the 50 yard line to the end of the shout song. 

Best atmosphere on Sunday since the perfect game against New England in the wild card round. Thanks to everyone who was there! Crowd was on point with the noise, friendly, and loving the beautiful day. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.