2023 MVP: Lamar will win it with 15 fewer TDs than Josh Allen (end of season talk pg 75+)

transplantbillsfan

20 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Why is Allen more deserving?  Because people want to cherry pick 2 "season total" stats that lack context week to week where he leads in total yards and total TD's?   He also leads in total Interceptions and total turnovers too.

MVP is not an award for most passing stats.  Lamar played in one less game than Josh, but still put up 29 total TD's to just 7 INTs and 4500 total yards.  Yards they are about the same as Josh has just over 300 more total yards, but he also played one more game than Lamar.  So odds are they finish pretty close had they played same number of games.  

So literally, the ONLY case for Josh is "15 more TD's" but Josh also had 15 more turnovers than Lamar which significantly eats away at the 15 more TD's argument.  And if Lamar plays one more game that 15 TD's gap shrinks a little as Lamar likely adds at least 2 or 3 more to his TD total, possibly more.  

Bottom line, Lamar put up 4500 yards in one less game and 29 TD's.  His efficiency was better and he hurt his teams effort to win games far less than Josh did.  

I love Josh who is my fave player all time now...I bet on him to be MVP...I would love nothing more than him to be MVP.  But he just isn't more deserving this year than Lamar.  

Your facts aren't accurate, 1. Allen has 9 more turnovers than Lamar and if we're going to use the fact that Lamar didn't play this last week in his favor for positive stats I suppose we have to use it for negative ones to. Hey they played them before how'd he do then....oh 2 turnovers well that's not nice oh and they even took a safety on a punt when he couldn't get them out from the shadow of their own goalpost.

But like how in just one more game Lamar is somehow going to put a significant dent into Josh's 15 TD lead against a defense that he lost against with the exact same score his backup did, only he didn't have any turnovers.

2. Josh doesn't lead the league in turnovers.

14 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Your facts aren't accurate, 1. Allen has 9 more turnovers than Lamar and if we're going to use the fact that Lamar didn't play this last week in his favor for positive stats I suppose we have to use it for negative ones to. Hey they played them before how'd he do then....oh 2 turnovers well that's not nice oh and they even took a safety on a punt when he couldn't get them out from the shadow of their own goalpost.

But like how in just one more game Lamar is somehow going to put a significant dent into Josh's 15 TD lead against a defense that he lost against with the exact same score his backup did, only he didn't have any turnovers.

Come on, Allen literally single handedly lost us the week 1 Jets game with 3 INTs.  Then Allen sat most 4th quarter of the second game against Jets in a blow out win.  So to assume Lamar repeats his struggles in the second showing against them is just silly when you just watched Allen have a bad game and good game against a divisional foe.  

The only thing Allen has a case for is more TDs.  But that’s is NOT the basis of determining the MVP.  

Bottom line is Ravens had a better season, Lamar was less volatile, Lamar had stellar stats himself, and Lamar had less games where he hurt the team than Allen did.  

And you didn’t answer my question of why does Allen deserve over Lamar outside of TD total

Edited by Alphadawg7

15 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So to assume Lamar repeats his struggles in the second showing against them is just silly when you just watched Allen have a bad game and good game against a divisional foe.

Yeah just making assumptions on games that weren't played is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And if Lamar plays one more game that 15 TD's gap shrinks a little as Lamar likely adds at least 2 or 3 more to his TD total, possibly more.

and Allen has 9 games with 250+ passing yards Lamar has 5, I looked 300+ games and Allen has 5 to Lamar's 3 so I don't know maybe Lamar doesn't catch up against the Steelers who's best feature is defense. 🤷‍♂️

Why Allen?

2 seed, 11-6 in 3 of those losses he left the field with the lead.

5 game winning streak.

Edited by Warcodered

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yards they are near a wash.  So that’s not a reason.  

TDs is again, all you have.  Lamar had better record, less bad games, less turnovers, higher QB ratings in almost every category.  

Again, the MVP award is NOT for most QB TDs.  Allen literally has nothing over Lamar outside TDs, while Lamar has bested Allen in almost every other category including team success.  

I hate that I am being made to argue against Allen, he’s my fave player all time.  But Lamar deserves it more this year and had less to work with than Allen did as well.  

Passing yards, Passing TDs, Rushing TDs, Total Yards, Total TDs

But nah let's just ignore them all?

and by team success do you mean 2 more wins?

It's still wild people are still arguing Allen was legitimately close here. He wasn't in the conversation by a mile and won't finish top 3 in voting. He may not even be top 4. I'd absolutely put Stroud over him.

Allen played 1 phenomenal quarter of football out of the last 12 and was largely awful for the rest of it. As far as high-end complete games, he had 4 maybe 5 and several of those were against weak teams. That's not MVP caliber.

All we needed from him yesterday was to not put us in a massive hole, which he did. Then we needed him to be superman to pull us out of it - which he did. How many accolades should a guy get who repeatedly does that when a pedestrian game management QB would have been good enough to completely roll the opponent?

Our defense holds the highest scoring and top yardage team in the league to 14 points - including none int he 2nd half and somehow we call Allen the hero.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

16 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yards they are near a wash.  So that’s not a reason.  

TDs is again, all you have.  Lamar had better record, less bad games, less turnovers, higher QB ratings in almost every category.  

Again, the MVP award is NOT for most QB TDs.  Allen literally has nothing over Lamar outside TDs, while Lamar has bested Allen in almost every other category including team success.  

I hate that I am being made to argue against Allen, he’s my fave player all time.  But Lamar deserves it more this year and had less to work with than Allen did as well.  

1 playoff win with Lamar.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Josh had a good season but his first 10/11 games with Dorsey were choppy. He built stats because he was the offense. His next 7 games were MVP level, overcoming a tough schedule and injuries to win 6 of 7 and winning the division. Lamar was more consistent and had convincing wins against elite playoff teams(Niners, Dolphins, Rams, Lions)  If you’re being objective Lamar deserves the MVP. Hopefully we get to play them in the AFC Championship and Josh beats him straight up.

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

It's still wild people are still arguing Allen was legitimately close here. He wasn't in the conversation by a mile and won't finish top 3 in voting. He may not even be top 4. I'd absolutely put Stroud over him.

Allen played 1 phenomenal quarter of football out of the last 12 and was largely awful for the rest of it. As far as high-end complete games, he had 4 maybe 5 and several of those were against weak teams. That's not MVP caliber.

All we needed from him yesterday was to not put us in a massive hole, which he did. Then we needed him to be superman to pull us out of it - which he did. How many accolades should a guy get who repeatedly does that when a pedestrian game management QB would have been good enough to completely roll the opponent?

Our defense holds the highest scoring and top yardage team in the league to 14 points - including none int he 2nd half and somehow we call Allen the hero.

Maybe you didn't notice that even with all the turnovers, allen was marching up and down the field. it's not like the defense spent the entire game out there. A pedestrian game management qb very well might have had several 3 and outs, making our defense put in 2x the work. How does that work out? Maybe you didn't notice that even in our awful first half, we still had longer time of possession. in the second half we destroyed the in this area. 23 minutes!  A pedestrian game manager might have put 10 on the board. our defense might have been warn down. and the dolphins might have scored 30.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I’ll help you add to this. Bal played 8th strength of schedule. Bills 3rd 

I really want to know what each top

qb faces in terms of defensive dvoa for the year. Competition faced matters. 

bills played a first place schedule

bal a second (I think Cincy won division last year)

bal played what afc south this year ? Jax just fired their entire D staff, colts , hou , ten (I watched a lot of ten- they have one of the worst secondary I have seen in a long time) 

and nfc west. Rams hawks and zona. Niners game purdy vomitted 4 times…but Lamar played a solid / clean game. I didn’t think he wowed 

these factors matter. No one ever mentions these things 

• Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, balln said:

I’ll help you add to this. Bal played 8th strength of schedule. Bills 3rd 

I really want to know what each top

qb faces in terms of defensive dvoa for the year. Competition faced matters. 

bills played a first place schedule

bal a second (I think Cincy won division last year)

bal played what afc south this year ? Jax just fired their entire D staff, colts , hou , ten (I watched a lot of ten- they have one of the worst secondary I have seen in a long time) 

and nfc west. Rams hawks and zona. Niners game purdy vomitted 4 times…but Lamar played a solid / clean game. I didn’t think he wowed 

these factors matter. No one ever mentions these things 

That is true I think remember checking the best/only good team they beat before the 49ers was the Lions.

Edited by Warcodered

35 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I get some of what you are saying. What if Gabe gives a better target or look to Allen during that all out blitz ? Maybe throw is diff

what if Torrence doesn’t absolutely get abused and Wilkinson literally tackled the ball out of Allen 

what if the refs called targeting w a clear helmet to

helmet on a defenseless receiver - ball on 1 and Allen scores another rushing td? 

what if cook doesn’t have an atrocious drop for a perfect on the run dime over the defender in his damn bread basket? 

team game fellas

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

That is true I think remember checking the best/only good team they beat before the 49ers was the Lions.

Right and the lions D is not formidable especially the secondary. 

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Passing yards, Passing TDs, Rushing TDs, Total Yards, Total TDs

But nah let's just ignore them all?

and by team success do you mean 2 more wins?

Again, Allen played one more game than Lamar, so yardage is irrelevant as they are close to equal if Lamas plays final game and could have even over taken Allen.  You’ve been told this multiple times, but still ignore it.

And 2 wins is a TON in the NFL where teams with TIED records aren’t in the playoffs.  And the fact that Bills were not even assured a playoff spot in the final weekend you would think you would know that.  Not to mention, Lamar didn’t get that last loss as he didn’t play.  

Again, he only has the total TDs over Lamar.  Lamar is better in every other metric or rating than Allen this year.  

So again, all you have done is cherry pick 2 “season total” stats, one of which is irrelevant cuz they are near equal.  But ignored Allen’s dubious stats on INTs and total Turnovers, worse record, worse efficiency and ratings, etc etc.  

You can’t build an MVP campaign on just total TDs when Allen doesn’t beat Lamar in much anything else.  

This is the most homer conversation I have ever seen.  I love Allen, I would win money if Allen got MVP and owe money if he doesn’t and I still would not vote for Allen over Lamar.  

Allen was robbed of the Pro Bowl though 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Again, Allen played one more game than Lamar, so yardage is irrelevant as they are close to equal if Lamas plays final game and could have even over taken Allen.  You’ve been told this multiple times, but still ignore it.

And 2 wins is a TON in the NFL where teams with TIED records aren’t in the playoffs.  And the fact that Bills were not even assured a playoff spot in the final weekend you would think you would know that.  Not to mention, Lamar didn’t get that last loss as he didn’t play.  

Again, he only has the total TDs over Lamar.  Lamar is better in every other metric or rating than Allen this year.  

So again, all you have done is cherry pick 2 “season total” stats, one of which is irrelevant cuz they are near equal.  But ignored Allen’s dubious stats on INTs and total Turnovers, worse record, worse efficiency and ratings, etc etc.  

You can’t build an MVP campaign on just total TDs when Allen doesn’t beat Lamar in much anything else.  

This is the most homer conversation I have ever seen.  I love Allen, I would win money if Allen got MVP and owe money if he doesn’t and I still would not vote for Allen over Lamar.  

Ok so Lamar plays in that slop fest nor Easter vs Pitt and adds 120 yards passing and 60 yards rushing. 1 td and 1 to. What a case you’ve made

The 3 and 13 scramble run. To milk the clock and keep the effort to finish the game on offense. Will be BURNED into my brain for all of time. And I’m super critical of bills and Allen. If only he just made the routine safe plays more routinely 

Edited by balln

46 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I hate that I agree with you on most of this…but I do.  I feel like I need a shower now 😂

Allen had 5 standout games (Raiders, Wash, 1st Miami, 2nd Jets, and Eagles.  But we still lost one of them (Eagles) when a bad Allen INT helped start an Eagles comeback they eventually won.  

The rest of the games Allen and the offense underperformed, and ranged from bad to just ok

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

I hate that I agree with you on most of this…but I do.  I feel like I need a shower now 😂

Allen had 5 standout games (Raiders, Wash, 1st Miami, 2nd Jets, and Eagles.  But we still lost one of them (Eagles) when a bad Allen INT helped start an Eagles comeback they eventually won.  

The rest of the games Allen and the offense underperformed, and ranged from bad to just ok.  

Are we forgetting the head coach HAD to fire the offensive coordinator ? And install a new interim coordinator - that can’t even really run HIS offense, because you know…. It’s the middle of the god dang season and they’re 6-6 and you simply have to make the best of what has been installed from preseason…..

before you say Allen caused the firing ….dont think that’s the major reason

are we also not forgetting Allen has had his ac joint destroyed in his throwing shoulder - basically all season….? Yet no one gives him a pass (although I think romo or fitz gave him some sympathy re injury) 

meanwhile Trent green literally every bad throw or int was ascribing T law to his AC joint 

40 minutes ago, Kaenon said:

1 playoff win with Lamar.

How is this a real comment?  Do you even know what thread you are in or what the MVP trophy is for?  Let me help you…it’s for the most recent regular season.  They don’t hand it out based on career playoff records LMAO.  This is the most irrelevant comment in the whole thread lol.  

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The rest of the games Allen and the offense underperformed, and ranged from bad to just ok.  

Kc when they (kc) knew the needed a win and were facing back to back home losses- which never happens. Also

kc D is filthy good. You think Dak goes into arrowhead and wins that game- no way. Well see tua try.

unfortunately don’t get to see Lamar try 

1 minute ago, balln said:

Are we forgetting the head coach HAD to fire the offensive coordinator ? And install a new interim coordinator - that can’t even really run HIS offense, because you know…. It’s the middle of the god dang season and they’re 6-6 and you simply have to make the best of what has been installed from preseason…..

before you say Allen caused the firing ….dont think that’s the major reason

are we also not forgetting Allen has had his ac joint destroyed in his throwing shoulder - basically all season….? Yet no one gives him a pass (although I think romo or fitz gave him some sympathy re injury) 

meanwhile Trent green literally every bad throw or int was ascribing T law to his AC joint 

None of that matters.  You know Allen’s turnover rate is the same under Brady as it was under Dorsey right?  You know Allen’s passing stats are relatively pedestrian since Eagles game right?  

I was the one banging the loudest drum to fire Dorsey.  The offense is better since Brady took over, but not because the passing offense improved, but because we run the ball now and that’s helped bail out pass game struggles to win close games where we had been losing close games under Dorsey who didn’t run the ball.  

• Agree 1

I still can't get over the fact that so many of you thought Allen was good yesterday. Beyond his four turnovers, one of his "good" plays was a fluky throw off a helmet that happened to fall into the back of the endzone for a TD. 

I hate that I'm now coming off as a hater because I'm not. I love Allen, but this thread is making me crazy and questioning some posters grasp on reality. Every week it's the same thing. We excuse every Allen mistake. It's someone else's fault every time. Gabe ran the wrong way (even though he ran into wide open space in the endzone). Wilkens just made a great play so it's not Josh's fault he fumbled.. Throwing an INT on 4th down was the "right" decision. Throwing it into play with the clock winding to zero was just giving us a chance and not sacrificing points. Give me a break. 

Josh is a top 5ish player in the league. He has the talent to be the best player. But we fall over ourselves making excuses for him at every turn and it's maddening. 

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

None of that matters.  You know Allen’s turnover rate is the same under Brady as it was under Dorsey right?  You know Allen’s passing stats are relatively pedestrian since Eagles game right?  

I was the one banging the loudest drum to fire Dorsey.  The offense is better since Brady took over, but not because the passing offense improved, but because we run the ball now and that’s helped bail out pass game struggles to win close games where we had been losing close games under Dorsey who didn’t run the ball.  

Compare the quality of D and teams played in both. And get back to me.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, VW82 said:

I still can't get over the fact that so many of you thought Allen was good yesterday. Beyond his four turnovers, one of his "good" plays was a fluky throw off a helmet that happened to fall into the back of the endzone for a TD. 

I hate that I'm now coming off as a hater because I'm not. I love Allen, but this thread is making me crazy and questioning some posters grasp on reality. Every week it's the same thing. We excuse every Allen mistake. It's someone else's fault every time. Gabe ran the wrong way (even though he ran into wide open space in the endzone). Wilkens just made a great play. Throwing an INT on 4th down was the "right" decision. Throwing it into play with the clock winding to zero was just giving us a chance and not sacrificing points. Give me a break. 

Josh is a top 5ish player in the league. He has the talent to be the best player. But we fall over ourselves making excuses for him at every turn and it's maddening. 

Until the punt return - I was cursing and saying he was a major choke artist and costing us. 

sometimes your team mates have to make plays and get you juiced. Literally Allen went into god mode after that. 

he and no one- literally can be perfect at all times. 

but he really only had 3 bad plays. Critical and magnified as they were in scoring position. And it killed his team.

But Lamar literally falls around a ref / and then intentionally grounds it for a safety vs niners and it doesn’t show up on his “stat” sheet. Won’t show up as a sack, turnover or 2 points against….

he’s a gun slinger. That Ty Johnson play- yell at Brady - don’t have him run a route short of the end zone. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

"No none of your things count only mine do." 🙄

Really we're going to assume Lamar is just going to crank out 328 passing yards against the Steelers defense when the team didn't even break 300 total yards against them when he played them.

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So to assume Lamar repeats his struggles in the second showing against them is just silly when you just watched Allen have a bad game and good game against a divisional foe.

Right only positive assumptions. Seriously just assume he's going to have one of his best statistical games of the season yet to get over the gap to catch up, like really. Wins matter sure but it's not some massive gap it's 2 and Bills have a good record there's just a multi-car pileup at 9 and 10 wins in the AFC this year. Guess what in the AFC the Bills have the second best record.

24 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah he's wrong and a troll, Bills are 5-1 against playoff teams, Ravens 6-3, 6-2 if you lop off the last game.

Edited by Warcodered

16 minutes ago, VW82 said:

I hate that I'm now coming off as a hater because I'm not. I love Allen, but this thread is making me crazy and questioning some posters grasp on reality. Every week it's the same thing. We excuse every Allen mistake. It's someone else's fault every time. Gabe ran the wrong way (even though he ran into wide open space in the endzone). Wilkens just made a great play so it's not Josh's fault he fumbled.. Throwing an INT on 4th down was the "right" decision. Throwing it into play with the clock winding to zero was just giving us a chance and not sacrificing points. Give me a break. 

You seem to be a certifiable player hater. I can't get over the fact that anybody would think Allen threw the game away and won off of pure luck.

- 101.6 passer rating, which is pretty good and includes the turnovers
- 2 TDs could have easily been 3 TDs if Cook doesn't drop an easy TD or Ben Johnson doesn't get stuffed at the 1
- 79% completion percentage is great
- The Bills running backs average 2.9 yards per carry which is atrocious! Allen had zero support and had to do it all himself. In comparison, the Dolphins RBs average 5.3, which was much better (and I bet it was even higher on their TD drives which were driven by the running game).
- Despite having zero running game and poor pass blocking up the middle the Bills had 26 first downs and *doubled* Miami's time of possession. You don't think that might have contributed to winning the game? Who do you think was responsible for all of those first downs?

Swap QBs between the teams and tell me with a straight face that Tua would have won this game with no running game, pressure up the middle all game, and players dropping wide open TDs. It defies reason.

Edited by DapperCam
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, balln said:

Kc when they (kc) knew the needed a win and were facing back to back home losses- which never happens. Also

kc D is filthy good. You think Dak goes into arrowhead and wins that game- no way. Well see tua try.

unfortunately don’t get to see Lamar try 

You mean the same Chiefs team that lost at home 20-14 to the Raiders?  Same team that also loss 24-9 to the Broncos and 4 other teams?  That Chiefs team?

So you’re saying Dak (no idea why you brought him up when we are talking about Lamar) has no chance of beating the Chiefs at arrowhead?  Come on lol.  You guys are just badly and desperately grasping at straws, and irrelevant ones now to try and make your home town boy the MVP.  I would lovvvvve to see Josh win it, but it’s not his year to win it.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The rest of the games Allen and the offense underperformed, and ranged from bad to just ok

No one will be happier than me if he has an MVP season. He just has to have a better year for that to happen. 2020 or 2021 Allen might have been good enough to win it this year.

I'm just hoping he can take that 4th quarter magic and string it together on a run for the next 4 games. All will definitely be forgotten then.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

"No none of your things count only mine do." 🙄

Really we're going to assume Lamar is just going to crank out 328 passing yards against the Steelers defense when the team didn't even break 300 total yards against them when he played them.

Right only positive assumptions. Seriously just assume he's going to have one of his best statistical games of the season yet to get over the gap to catch up, like really. Wins matter sure but it's not some massive gap it's 2 and Bills have a good record there's just a multi-car pileup at 9 and 10 wins in the AFC this year. Guess what in the AFC the Bills have the second best record.

Yeah he's wrong and a troll, Bills are 5-1 against playoff teams, Ravens 6-3, 6-2 if you lop off the last game.

Bills have the second best record in the AFC thanks to help like critical injuries across the AFC landscape, especially at QB.  It’s not like they dominated.  We were not even assured a playoff spot until Sunday afternoon.  

So suddenly Bills squeak out a close win against a flailing Dolphins team to go from 7th seed to 2nd seed and now some of you want to puff up your Bills chests as if we are some beasts all year?

Come on, you can be a fan and be realistic at the same time.  It’s remarkable the Bills turned it around, and we can def make the SB this year.  But that doesn’t change the fact that Josh had more below average to bad games than he had good games.  

I’m done with this discussion.  Lamar will not only win, it will be a landslide win and could be near unanimous.  Allen has no shot this year.  You know why?  Because he doesn’t need paragraphs and paragraphs of explanations of why he had a bunch of bad games and tons of turnovers because he didn’t have those issues.  Josh needs those explanations to even to be considered which is why he won’t win.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You mean the same Chiefs team that lost at home 20-14 to the Raiders?  Same team that also loss 24-9 to the Broncos and 4 other teams?  That Chiefs team?

So you’re saying Dak (no idea why you brought him up when we are talking about Lamar) has no chance of beating the Chiefs at arrowhead?  Come on lol.  You guys are just badly and desperately grasping at straws, and irrelevant ones now to try and make your home town boy the MVP.  I would lovvvvve to see Josh win it, but it’s not his year to win it.

You mean where patty throws a pick 6 after he places the ball on the ground for scoop and score on back to back plays? That’s zero reality awareness alpha. 

Russ was on fire and I think patty had the flu their game. Not every single game is going to prove or disprove a player 

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Bills have the second best record in the AFC thanks to help like critical injuries across the AFC landscape, especially at QB.  It’s not like they dominated.  We were not even assured a playoff spot until Sunday afternoon.  

So suddenly Bills squeak out a close win against a flailing Dolphins team to go from 7th seed to 2nd seed and now some of you want to puff up your Bills chests as if we are some beasts all year?

Come on, you can be a fan and be realistic at the same time.  It’s remarkable the Bills turned it around, and we can def make the SB this year.  But that doesn’t change the fact that Josh had more below average to bad games than he had good games.  

I’m done with this discussion.  Lamar will not only win, it will be a landslide win and could be near unanimous.  Allen has no shot this year.  You know why?  Because he doesn’t need paragraphs and paragraphs of explanations of why he had a bunch of bad games and tons of turnovers because he didn’t have those issues.  Josh needs those explanations to even to be considered which is why he won’t win.  

Yes because clearly only the Bills benefited from critical injuries....who won the Ravens division last year again?

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Josh may not win it but there's absolutely no other qb in the NFL I'd want in Buffalo.  And the scary thing is we're winning games while playing poorly. Eventually this team will collectively shift into a level where no one can stop us.

Agreed, there is no one I would rather have than Josh.  But he won’t win MVP this year..:but also, who cares if he does or doesn’t.  I want him to win SB MVP

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, VW82 said:

Yes he was on the cover that's why you feel like this.

12 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No disrespect, but there seems to be some selective memory going on here because you seem to forget that the offensive struggles of Allen and the offense were a key reason the defense, which was decimated by injuries compared to our mostly healthy offense, was in that position in the first place.

Yeah but that happens for every team.  Even Lamar and their offense has struggled and their D kept them in it.

I'm not a PFF guy but I seen this so I will put it in here...

11 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Why is Allen more deserving?  Because people want to cherry pick 2 "season total" stats that lack context week to week where he leads in total yards and total TD's?   He also leads in total Interceptions and total turnovers too.

MVP is not an award for most passing stats.  Lamar played in one less game than Josh, but still put up 29 total TD's to just 7 INTs and 4500 total yards.  Yards they are about the same as Josh has just over 300 more total yards, but he also played one more game than Lamar.  So odds are they finish pretty close had they played same number of games.  

So literally, the ONLY case for Josh is "15 more TD's" but Josh also had 15 more turnovers than Lamar which significantly eats away at the 15 more TD's argument.  And if Lamar plays one more game that 15 TD's gap shrinks a little as Lamar likely adds at least 2 or 3 more to his TD total, possibly more.  

Bottom line, Lamar put up 4500 yards in one less game and 29 TD's.  His efficiency was better and he hurt his teams effort to win games far less than Josh did.  

I love Josh who is my fave player all time now...I bet on him to be MVP...I would love nothing more than him to be MVP.  But he just isn't more deserving this year than Lamar.  

That's the "only case for Josh"??  Did that analysis take, what, 15 seconds? lol, strong work.

Allen had 12 games with at least 1 passing and 1 rushing TD.  He led the league in passing yards AND was tied for 2nd in rushing TDs.  He is tied for 2nd with 4 Q comebacks and game winning drives.  7 of his of his 18 INTs came in 3 games. 

Jackson isn't top 10 in passing yards or TDs. He had 3 games with no passing or rushing TDs.  They won 2 of them anyway.  Efficiency?  He had 148 carries, scored only 5 TDs, 48 1st downs and fumbled 11 times.  Allen, on 111 carries, scored 15 times, racked 57 1st downs and 7 fumbles.  That's 65% of his runs resulted in either a 1st down or a TD---compared to 36% for Jackson. 

If this was 2019 then yes--he was hands down the MVP.  He scored 43 of their 58 TDs. This year, only 29 of their 53.   Allen has scored 44 of the teams 51 TDs, for comparison. 

As you now can see--few teams are as dependent on 1 player than the Bills.  They have won 5 in a row--one of the hottest teams in the NFL, after a fairly rough start.  Sure he gets loose with the ball, but that's how he plays.  

It's a miracle Jackson has lasted to the end of the season, true, but that doesn't get you the MVP.  Heck, Jordan Love is more deserving--turned around a 3-6 team and got them to the playoffs (something Rodgers could not do last year). 32 passing TD (11 INT) 4 rushing TDs with Romeo Doubs and Jayden Reed as his primary receivers and a mediocre Defense.

You are only pushing Jackson because the echo chamber tells you to.  I've shown you why that's the wrong choice.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

That's the "only case for Josh"??  Did that analysis take, what, 15 seconds? lol, strong work.

Allen had 12 games with at least 1 passing and 1 rushing TD.  He led the league in passing yards AND was tied for 2nd in rushing TDs.  He is tied for 2nd with 4 Q comebacks and game winning drives.  7 of his of his 18 INTs came in 3 games. 

Jackson isn't top 10 in passing yards or TDs. He had 3 games with no passing or rushing TDs.  They won 2 of them anyway.  Efficiency?  He had 148 carries, scored only 5 TDs, 48 1st downs and fumbled 11 times.  Allen, on 111 carries, scored 15 times, racked 57 1st downs and 7 fumbles.  That's 65% of his runs resulted in either a 1st down or a TD---compared to 36% for Jackson. 

If this was 2019 then yes--he was hands down the MVP.  He scored 43 of their 58 TDs. This year, only 29 of their 53.   Allen has scored 44 of the teams 51 TDs, for comparison. 

As you now can see--few teams are as dependent on 1 player than the Bills.  They have won 5 in a row--one of the hottest teams in the NFL, after a fairly rough start.  Sure he gets loose with the ball, but that's how he plays.  

It's a miracle Jackson has lasted to the end of the season, true, but that doesn't get you the MVP.  Heck, Jordan Love is more deserving--turned around a 3-6 team and got them to the playoffs (something Rodgers could not do last year). 32 passing TD (11 INT) 4 rushing TDs with Romeo Doubs and Jayden Reed as his primary receivers and a mediocre Defense.

You are only pushing Jackson because the echo chamber tells you to.  I've shown you why that's the wrong choice.

Another data point...despite playing 1x less game, Jackson was sacked 37 times to Allen's 24.

• Like (+1) 2

MVP is an award for most passing stats and either 1 or 2 seed.  Show me all the winners where they weren't either the 1 or 2 seed and top few in most passing stats.  

Allen has 9 more turnovers than Lamar, not 15.  Lamar has 13 turnovers.  Josh has 22.  About a half turnover over per game difference.  Lets be real about this.  Not all turnovers credited are the fault of the QB either.  I can't speak for Lamar but Allen has ints that are just unlucky. A batted ball that gets picked is just unlucky. A ball that hits the receiver in the hands or is stripped away from the receiver is just unlucky or on the receiver. A prayer as the half expires is meaningless.  Allen has a lot of ints but Lamar has a lot of fumbles.  Lamar has a lot more that he was lucky to not lose too which is... just lucky.

I am not trying to make a case for Allen to be MVP.  He isn't going to get it.  I'm just saying that the above is true. Lamar had an oooo ahhh game against Miami in a year that no QB is really deserving and became the media hype and thats why he is going to get it.  Josh regularly has those games against Miami including one this year.

Screenshot2024-01-09094111.thumb.png.a08b7485da5cbc52d7d3fa5a23241c2c.png

• Like (+1) 1

Come on, Allen literally single handedly lost us the week 1 Jets game with 3 INTs.  Then Allen sat most 4th quarter of the second game against Jets in a blow out win.  So to assume Lamar repeats his struggles in the second showing against them is just silly when you just watched Allen have a bad game and good game against a divisional foe.  

The only thing Allen has a case for is more TDs.  But that’s is NOT the basis of determining the MVP.  

Bottom line is Ravens had a better season, Lamar was less volatile, Lamar had stellar stats himself, and Lamar had less games where he hurt the team than Allen did.  

And you didn’t answer my question of why does Allen deserve over Lamar outside of TD total

Did Lamar single handedly lose the Pittsburg game with 2 turnovers?  How about the Browns game with 2 turnovers?  How about the Colts game with no production and 2 fumbles?

It may not be the full basis but its a huge part of it.  The last 5 winners, 4 of them lead the league in TD passes and the one that didn't was Rodgers second year where he is was still top 5. You can go back further years and see winners that lead the league in overall TDs or were at least top 3. 15 of the last 26 winners have done so.

The Ravens have 2 more wins while playing a second place schedule. Lamar wasn't really all that less volatile. He fumbles the ball a lot.  What stellar stats?  Have you even watched any Ravens games to be able to make that comment that he has less games where he hurt the team?

Allen doesn't deserve it but neither does Lamar really, but I will answer why I think Allen deserves it over Lamar.  If you put a backup QB on each team for a full season, then I believe the Ravens still win more games than the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, VW82 said:

Dude, he had over 400 yards of offense and 79% completion rating and was responsible for most of those yards.  Dude made some key throws and kept our offense on the field all game long. He did this while being under pressure most of the game.  Miami blitzed at like a 40% rate and got home quite a bit.  Not just with one guy but multiple guys.  This might have been the worst game this oline has played.  Our running game wasn't doing ***** either if it wasn't Allen. The dude made some incredible throws in all that pressure.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.