Poyer OUT Sunday

Big Blitz

9 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

You mean convert him to safety? That would be interesting. Aaron Williams of the Bills was drafted very high as well. After a lackluster first 2 seasons, they moved him to safety where he did pretty well. 

Yeah not happening 2 days before a game. Perhaps in the off season 

10 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Rapp seems to lack football IQ. Give me Hamlin.

Hmm it was my impression based him starting for the Rams in the SB year he was a smart player. Surely not the fastest guy but know as a solid tackler. I think he will complete and bring experience. Miami is next level fast, so we shall see 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

Poyer and Hyde are going to go down as two of all my all-time favorite Bills players.  Two guys who were each undervalued assets, signed at approximately the same time, at the very beginning of the rebuild, who ended up being plug-and-play cornerstones in the secondary.  Plus they both just seem like good dudes.  

I know their time in the defensive backfield is drawing to a close.  Just glad they were able to build careers here.

hope they win the Lombardi this year.  Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Hamlin being out there is a bit scary.

I'm hoping he has developed. My impression from last season was an energetic guy who flies to the ball and hits hard but arrives late or overruns plays. You kind of hold your breath when he's on the field. But he did better in preseason this year, so who knows. I think I would be more comfortable with Rapp back there and Hamlin as the top sub. 

5 minutes ago, finn said:

I'm hoping he has developed. My impression from last season was an energetic guy who flies to the ball and hits hard but arrives late or overruns plays. You kind of hold your breath when he's on the field. But he did better in preseason this year, so who knows. I think I would be more comfortable with Rapp back there and Hamlin as the top sub. 

Did they say hamlin was starting?  I think rapp will get the snaps and hamlin backing up, No?

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

Hmm it was my impression based him starting for the Rams in the SB year he was a smart player. Surely not the fastest guy but know as a solid tackler. I think he will complete and bring experience. Miami is next level fast, so we shall see 🤷🏻‍♂️

I share your impression of Rapp. 

2 hours ago, Arkady Renko said:

Cam Lewis will start before Hamlin. 

At safety?  Not sure about that.

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Did they say hamlin was starting?  I think rapp will get the snaps and hamlin backing up, No?

It's unclear to me if Hamlin will be active - it would make sense - but yes, I think they've pretty much said Rapp gets the start.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I share your impression of Rapp. 

At safety?  Not sure about that.

It's unclear to me if Hamlin will be active - it would make sense - but yes, I think they've pretty much said Rapp gets the start.

Jmo, but I think Lewis would start over Hamlin and Rapp if Hyde were to be out.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/29/2023 at 11:16 AM, GunnerBill said:

Rapp better be dialled in. At least he is a more natural replacement for Poyer. 

I do think it is a chance to bring Elam up. Have Lewis as your backup safety.

it’s likely Elam could be activated, but it’s more likely Rapp slides into Poyer spot, and Benford still starts.

We are. Talking about the #2 defense in the NFL after 3 games.

Tight game, probably 31-28, Bills.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.