We ever gonna use Kincaid ?

Teddy KGB

2 hours ago, Fallser said:

Is there a thread here for Kaiir Elam?  Cuz that dood has been a healthy scratch through 3 games this year and was a first rounder last year....not great.

EDIT: YEP THERE IS.

At this point, we'd get more production out of this Elam than the dude we drafted.  

301373911_5097357293701893_7079514682773819890_n.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

There should be a bitter fantasy owner emoji. 

My post is pushing back on the idea that we don't use Kincaid but across the lake where the grass is greener they Use Their Weapons, with an example of that very same team not using a significantly more expensive weapon lol

This has been a long-standing issue with the coaches of this franchise.  It goes back to John Rauch using OJ as a receiver.

They’ve run small RBs inside the tackles, run FBs to the outside, etc.   Chan Gailey was the only one to use CJ Spiller correctly.   These coaches make it seem like rocket science in figuring out the best ways to use weapons.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, BobbyC81 said:

This has been a long-standing issue with the coaches of this franchise.  It goes back to John Rauch using OJ as a receiver.

They’ve run small RBs inside the tackles, run FBs to the outside, etc.   Chan Gailey was the only one to use CJ Spiller correctly.   These coaches make it seem like rocket science in figuring out the best ways to use weapons.

Too bad this weeks rocket scientist that's a ub grad is a ref not our oc.    He knows rocket science and could figure out what to do with out rookie class each year.

Edited by AuntieEm

Not only are they easing Kinkaid into the offense...... The Bills are going in big time (compared to forever) on the two tight end 12 offense. I really believe Josh has to experience a bit of a change to his reads as he has mostly played multiple receiver sets as opposed to 12. ... Am I the only IQ 86 fan who realizes that the O is gunna be a work in progress for this reason?????? ..... How can this extreme point not be obvious? ...... Now ya know.

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

We’ve played three games

Was he not used quite a bit in the first game?

I’m in between on this.

”Quite a bit” - he had 4 catches. 

When the 2022 Bills struggled all season with finding a playmaker behind Diggs, and the answer to that was Kincaid in the 1st and turning over the bottom 3 WRs of your room, I think there should be a greater expectation than 11 catches for 76 yards. 

He’s not Nyheim Hines level of missing, but he’s quickly

settling into this background role, and Sherfield, Harty and Shorter are nothing but afterthoughts in this offense.

It’s back to Diggs and the usual 1/4 games with Davis. 

The only difference is more juice in the run game. 

I think fans are right here to look at Dorsey and say this isn’t enough production from a first round pick that Beane again traded up to get. 

6.5 ypc, come on. The bar for a “Super Bowl contender” should be higher than that. 

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I’m in between on this.

”Quite a bit” - he had 4 catches. 

When the 2022 Bills struggled all season with finding a playmaker behind Diggs, and the answer to that was Kincaid in the 1st and turning over the bottom 3 WRs of your room, I think there should be a greater expectation than 11 catches for 76 yards. 

He’s not Nyheim Hines level of missing, but he’s quickly

settling into this background role, and Sherfield, Harty and Shorter are nothing but afterthoughts in this offense.

It’s back to Diggs and the usual 1/4 games with Davis. 

The only difference is more juice in the run game. 

I think fans are right here to look at Dorsey and say this isn’t enough production from a first round pick that Beane again traded up to get. 

6.5 ypc, come on. The bar for a “Super Bowl contender” should be higher than that. 

I think I use the word quite a bit in the wrong way he was used

It’s a long season

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think I use the word quite a bit in the wrong way he was used

It’s a long season

Yes but let’s look beyond it’s a long season.

This team doesn’t have a recent track record of developing offensive skill talent.

Davis is still playing 95% of snaps, just like he was in 2022. That means that Shakir is stuck in an 11% snap count role and Sherfield can’t get on the field. 

Harty is thrown the ball right where McKenzie was - at or behind the LOS. These plays are never successful. 

So when you see Kincaid catching dump offs, I do think that Dorsey and this staff lack creativity, because this offense under Dorsey has shown that once you get put into a role, you can’t ever get out of it. 

Nyheim Hines showed this. 

Shakir has showed this. 

Cook sitting behind Singletary showed this and the idea as a pass catcher evaporating last year. 

Knox is $10M/year and not a prominent piece of this offense. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Yes but let’s look beyond it’s a long season.

This team doesn’t have a recent track record of developing offensive skill talent.

Davis is still playing 95% of snaps, just like he was in 2022. That means that Shakir is stuck in an 11% snap count role and Sherfield can’t get on the field. 

Harty is thrown the ball right where McKenzie was - at or behind the LOS on 

So when you see Kincaid catching dump offs, I do think that Dorsey and this staff lack creativity to 

I don’t know I don’t have a lot of complaints right now we’re scoring over 30 points a game and it’s not all being done by Josh Allen. I called that progress.

• Agree 1

On 9/29/2023 at 9:01 AM, GunnerBill said:

Johnson does know how to use his personnel very well. What is interersting is his passing scheme isn't particularly complex or creative. He knows what his guys can do and what they can't and he leans into it. 

The one concern I have re. Kincaid so far is he is struggling with his route depths. 

they aren't very deep. He gets short/dump passes then gets tackled pretty quick.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.