Jets are signing Trevor Siemian to their practice squad.

Gregg

The Jets players were showing up wearing Mike White t-shirts last year after he replaced Wilson, which must have been tough to take for Zach. That's open disrespect.

To bring that guy back is mind boggling, except that the plan was just for him to backup his hero Rodgers and "show tons of promise" in practice and preseason, so it would never matter. 

Pretty much, if you're a top team and your starting QB goes down early your season is over anyways. 

24 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I was absolutely shocked that the Jets kept Wilson. You just had to clean that out of the locker room. They should have traded Wilson (you probably could have gotten a 3rd) and signed Mike White. The Jets would have rallied around White and with that defense, they still could have gotten into the playoffs. But now? That team is about to implode and they might have to fire the coach. What would be absolutely hilarious is if Rodgers forces them to promote Hackett to the HC position. 

White wanted to go to Miami. He is from there and after getting Rodgers, he knew his best chance to play is behind an oft injured guy in Tua. That said, how you keep Wilson is beyond me. They basically admitted he was a bust last year when they played Chris Strevler over him in a game late in the season. Cut your losses and move on

8 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

White wanted to go to Miami. He is from there and after getting Rodgers, he knew his best chance to play is behind an oft injured guy in Tua. That said, how you keep Wilson is beyond me. They basically admitted he was a bust last year when they played Chris Strevler over him in a game late in the season. Cut your losses and move on

I think if the Jets moved on from Wilson and offered White a decent contract as insurance to a 39 year old Rodgers he might have taken it, but only someone with incredible Hindsight could know for sure.

The only option is to roll out Zach Wilson and tank the season. The fans and the media hate it. They want the Jets to bring in some QB off the street for some fake hope and squeeze out a couple Wins to go with all the loses. 

They hate Zach but he was ready to be a back up so it's not really his fault he got thrown back into being a starter. Who knows maybe while they tank the season the light goes on for Zach at some point and if not draft the next guy and hope for the best. 

1 hour ago, Lfod said:

The only option is to roll out Zach Wilson and tank the season. The fans and the media hate it. They want the Jets to bring in some QB off the street for some fake hope and squeeze out a couple Wins to go with all the loses. 

They hate Zach but he was ready to be a back up so it's not really his fault he got thrown back into being a starter. Who knows maybe while they tank the season the light goes on for Zach at some point and if not draft the next guy and hope for the best. 

that’s the thing… the Jets’ defense is Super Bowl caliber, but that offense with ZW… man

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

Same thing as last year when Wilson was stinking up the joint. He finally benched him after the post game presser where Zach claimed he wasn't letting the defense down with his crappy performances. The locker room revolted after that, then it was Mike White time. That is until Milano almost snapped him in half. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I'm reminded of the Denver game without a QB. Kendall Hilton was recurited as a QB in college. He completed one screen pass in a NFL game. Nathan Peterman could run circles around most of the general population. Thats how good these guys are

In a game of football? He would literally make the general population look like a 8th grade player

He had 400 yards and 5tds and helped beat a top Clemson squad in college ...

Again... in the 1% of QBs in the world ... it just shows how hard being an NFL QB is 

Because if you're in the 1% of anything in the world you're usually top of your field ... As an NFL quarterback you could be on a practice sqaud

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I’m not sure what else Salah can do. They should have dumped Wilson, But now they have to use him. Salah needs to have confidence in him to play well. My guess is Zach has about 2 more games to show improvement or he is getting replaced by Simien 

Yea, Saleh has to now play the hand he is dealt. The time to get a decent backup was in the offseason. Heck, Trey Lance may have been worth a gamble for the price the Cowboys paid. Now the Jets are forced to pick up cast away scraps line Siemian. At this point, there arent a lot of teams who will trade a half way decent backup on their roster. 

1 hour ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Now the Jets are forced to pick up cast away scraps line Siemian.

Siemian is not a good QB. He is probably an adequate backup QB. I'm not sure he's much different than Kyle Allen.

But ... he won't aggressively go out of his way to lose you a game that your defense has given you a chance to win. I suspect that's what the Wilson dissenters on the defense are talking about. You don't have to be Aaron Rodgers, but you really don't have to be Nathan Peterman.

30 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Siemian is not a good QB. He is probably an adequate backup QB. I'm not sure he's much different than Kyle Allen.

But ... he won't aggressively go out of his way to lose you a game that your defense has given you a chance to win. I suspect that's what the Wilson dissenters on the defense are talking about. You don't have to be Aaron Rodgers, but you really don't have to be Nathan Peterman.

I don't think aQB like Siemian can come in after the third game of the season and make a material difference to the remaining schedule's W-L record

35 minutes ago, stuvian said:

That's some list. And we thought we had it bad in Buffalo.

The Jets are just cursed. I'd forgotten they went down this path a few times before, bringing in the aging QB. They bring in Favre, it doesn't work. Then it kind of does work the following season for the Vikings, at least for a while. They brought in Boomer Esiason (Bruce Smith gave him a concussion and it didn't work). They brought in Neil O'Donnell who was pretty good for a while with the Steelers, and he was terrible and then ripped up his shoulder. They brought in Vinny Testaverde and it briefly was magic, and then HE blew out his Achilles.

Why did I ever think this Aaron Rodgers thing would work? 😁

Edited by The Frankish Reich

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.