Dare I say Chris Brown is a better PBP man than John Murphy?

Pine Barrens Mafia

43 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

"Josh drops back, throw the ball.... AND IT'S A 3 YARD COMPLETION TO DIGGS! DIGGS IS DIGGING A HOLE AND FILLING IT UP WITH WIDE RECEIVING ABILITY! ALLEN WITH THE 3 YARD COMPLETION, CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS. NOW HE'S CALLED A TIMEOUT! A TIMEOUT BY THE BILLS. THE CLOCK WAS RUNNING AND THEN ALLEN CAME IN WITH THE TIMEOUT AND STOPPED IT LIKE SUPERMAN STANDING IN FRONT OF A FREIGHT TRAIN!"

Perfect characterization of that clown.

56 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Yes, yes I do. His call of Epenesa's TD was excellent.

I’m better in my sleep than that girly-voiced pip will ever be. I think he’s terrible and makes me yearn for Murph back at the mic. -and I don’t like Murphy either.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RobbRiddick said:

"Josh drops back, throw the ball.... AND IT'S A 3 YARD COMPLETION TO DIGGS! DIGGS IS DIGGING A HOLE AND FILLING IT UP WITH WIDE RECEIVING ABILITY! ALLEN WITH THE 3 YARD COMPLETION, CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS. NOW HE'S CALLED A TIMEOUT! A TIMEOUT BY THE BILLS. THE CLOCK WAS RUNNING AND THEN ALLEN CAME IN WITH THE TIMEOUT AND STOPPED IT LIKE SUPERMAN STANDING IN FRONT OF A FREIGHT TRAIN!"

I appreciate the font since I have poor vision.

• Haha (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

The only thing I've ever really thought about in regards to this topic is whose Wheaties Murph must have pissed in during his time here.

For a fabase as generous as the Bills have, this guy gets no empathy at all.

His brother dies of cancer near the end of the 2020 season and its met with little to no feedback from the fans.

Dude suffers a stroke last year and of course there were well wishes, but while he is still recovering we want to debate if the guy standing in for him is better at his job?  

I really couldn't care less who does the radio call.   Just wondering why Murph gets little to no love from the fans?   

He's bad at his job?

• Agree 1

The ONLY gripe I have of Chris Brown, and it's significant (at least for me) is he is CONSTANTLY way too excited and LOUD.

And i'm only talking about his show with Tasker.  Brown gets too loud.   Almost like he's screaming at times.   Dude needs to chill.

Tell me i'm not the only one? 

• Like (+1) 1

They both suck to be honest.    How do you find the van millers and Rick Jenorrettes of the world….

2 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

The ONLY gripe I have of Chris Brown, and it's significant (at least for me) is he is CONSTANTLY way too excited and LOUD.

And i'm only talking about his show with Tasker.  Brown gets too loud.   Almost like he's screaming at times.   Dude needs to chill.

Tell me i'm not the only one? 

Oh you are not alone.  The guys screams over nothing.   

Edited by Matt_In_NH

1 hour ago, RobbRiddick said:

No way that this is an actual quote…I refuse to believe anyone could be so lame…😉

I do like his enthusiasm and he does a decent job...

He suffers from the same problem that Murphy has though.  I listened to the first 20 minutes of the game on the radio yesterday.  You have little idea of down/distance or the depth of a play.  Van Miller used to paint that picture so well and build that information into the intensity of his voice and calling the game.  

"Theres a pass out there to Kincaid... he grabs the ball!  He is brought down there by XXXX.  Nice quick pass there by Allen who was already feeling some pressure from his left side.  They only gained 3 yards though and its 3rd and 7.

Most plays can be anywhere from 1 yard to 12 yards and you don't really know for too long.  Id say Brown is a little better at giving those details on a timely basis than Murphy.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.