TNF - Giants @ 49'ers

T&C

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

The reason I want Purdy and Howell to fail is that the Bills invest so much draft capital and financial resources to get a franchise QB and these teams fall a** backward into one. 

Agree. We waited 20 years for one and still can’t seem to win it. The 49ers are going to win it all this year with the last pick in the draft. 

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

Not sure walking into a great situation is on him. He may be average by any number of metrics, but he came in and didn’t immediately screw up.

He came in and outplayed Garappolo and Trey Lance.  Now I grant, that’s not like outplaying Aaron Rodgers and Josh Allen, but Garappolo had shown they could win with him and they invested a lot of draft capital in Lance.

• Agree 1

Just now, Beck Water said:

He came in and outplayed Garappolo and Trey Lance.  Now I grant, that’s not like outplaying Aaron Rodgers and Josh Allen, but Garappolo had shown they could win with him and they invested a lot of draft capital in Lance.

Jimmy got hurt 

Just now, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Agree. We waited 20 years for one and still can’t seem to win it. The 49ers are going to win it all this year with the last pick in the draft. 

Do you think we could wait a little minute and play some games first?

The best teams in the first 4-5 weeks and the best teams at the end of the season, not necessarily the same teams

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeah, I don't think Purdy is anything special. I haven't seen enough of him but just looks like a decent game manager to me. Which is all he has to be on that team.  Not sure it gets them the prize or not.

That is how Tom Brady also started

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Not sure he so much as outplayed Garappolo as Jimmy G is just a walking piece of glass and they know that.

3 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

The reason I want Purdy and Howell to fail is that the Bills invest so much draft capital and financial resources to get a franchise QB and these teams fall a** backward into one. 

If you think Purdy and Howell are comparable to Allen, you don't really understand what you are seeing. 

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Brock is you classic game manager QB someone made reference to the fact that Shannahan just uses a paint by numbers passing game…he makes some nice throws but if his defense isn’t lights out I don’t know if he can get into a shootout with say Mahomes or Allen 

The 49ers are built to try to avoid that scenario

3 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

absolutely. Totally unjust. 

that’s why I was bitter about the colts for years. They stink and land Peyton manning for like 12 years. He gets injured and they implode for 1 year to land Luck, and are back on track for another 7 years with him.

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

So did Lance.  My point is, the 49ers looked at Mr Irrelevant and said “we’d rather go with him than with now healthy Garappolo”

No, Garappolo broke his foot, and was a free agent. Purdy didn’t even start a game till almost Christmas.

Theh literally had like 6 games of Purdy to go off of. Theu stuck with him because he had an average floor, and makes less than a million a year on the cap

Edited by appoo

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Daniel Jones looks terrified every time they zoom in on his face lol it's like he's taking the SAT and can't choose between A or C

Daniel Jones has the equivalent RBF of Brie Larson.  And I just can’t unsee it now… 

Just now, 5ths the charm said:

Has anyone figured out why the feed is crap but twitch is fine?

Nope but I also have the same thing.  Prime stream is crap. Twitch is perfect.  My best guess is that Twitch is really made for people to stream video games and they probably set a lower bitrate.

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

For most teams they can what Mahomes did to them last year gives me pause if they faced a really high octane offense 

I’m not sure there’s a line in the NFL that can consistently win against that DLine. Thats the big issue 

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Do you think we could wait a little minute and play some games first?

The best teams in the first 4-5 weeks and the best teams at the end of the season, not necessarily the same teams

I’ve seen enough. They haven’t lost a game since they got CMC. Barring injuries, they’re winning it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.