TNF - Giants @ 49'ers

T&C

3 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Danny Cents is a BAD QB!

3 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

He sucks. Daboll is toast now that he's hitched his wagon to him.

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

He's mediocre.  He has pedestrian receiving weapons, a below average o-line, and was without Barkley tonight.

However, he's definitely not worth 92m guaranteed over four years with an average of 40m.  They're stuck with him at least through next season. 

His contract is the worst given to a QB in the NFL. Second place goes to Kyler Murray and 3rd to Deshaun Watson.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

His contract is the worst given to a QB in the NFL. Second place goes to Kyler Murray and 3rd to Deshaun Watson.

Just looking at the contract alone, Watson's is by far the worst if he doesn't get back to his old self.  He's the only player in the NFL completely uncuttable for the next four years.  It would cripple the Browns for at least the next four seasons (and pry beyond) they would deserve every ounce of misery that comes their way.  It also would be the worst trade in NFL history as they still owe the Texans another first round pick next year.  At least the Giants only gave Jones 82 million guaranteed instead of 240 million and can get out of it after next season with a sizable but somewhat manageable dead cap hit (22 million) after next season.  It would be even more satisfying if Mayfield turns his career around in Tampa.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

31 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Nah his contract is pretty easily escapable. A lot of the money in it isn't real money. If the Giants end up bad enough to draft a QB this year they can easily do that without feeling committed to Jones. 

I actually liked some of what the Giants were able to do to the 49ers on defense. It was a nice gameplan from Wink. He just doesn't have the horses to slow them for a full 60 minutes.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Just looking at the contract alone, Watson's is by far the worst if he doesn't get back to his old self.  He's the only player in the NFL completely uncuttable for the next four years.  It would cripple the Browns for at least the next four seasons (and pry beyond) they would deserve every ounce of misery that comes their way.  It also would be the worst trade in NFL history as they still owe the Texans another first round pick next year.  At least the Giants only gave Jones 82 million guaranteed instead of 240 million and can get out of it after next season with a sizable but somewhat manageable dead cap hit (22 million) after next season.  It would be even more satisfying if Mayfield turns his career around in Tampa.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Nah his contract is pretty easily escapable. A lot of the money in it isn't real money. If the Giants end up bad enough to draft a QB this year they can easily do that without feeling committed to Jones. 

I actually liked some of what the Giants were able to do to the 49ers on defense. It was a nice gameplan from Wink. He just doesn't have the horses to slow them for a full 60 minutes.

Valid points on both.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

They just aren’t any good and are going to be the third or fourth best team in their own division for awhile depending on Sam Howell 

9 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

They just aren’t any good and are going to be the third or fourth best team in their own division for awhile depending on Sam Howell 

Yea they don't have a lot of talent. But that playoff season last year will buy Schoen and Daboll some time to execute a rebuild. They need more from their two first rounders of the 2022 draft. They were two really early picks. Thibadeuax did okay as a rookie and had a sack last night but they need more. Neal (who I personally was never that high on) has been a mess so far. 

6 hours ago, BigDingus said:

I can't believe when McCaffrey trade rumors were swirling that I thought the Bills wouldn't benefit much from him. 

Figured our OL sucked & OC wouldn't commit to using him anyway, so why bother? Obviously, I'm stupid. He's so good that he'll find a way to make plays one way or another. 

My biggest gripe with Beane. He sits on his hands instead of getting the best RB and weapon in the league. Niners got him for Pennie’s considering the impact he has. They haven’t lost a game with him other than when they had no QB. And even in that game he was great. He’s a cheat code and why they’re winning it all. 

7 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Those are the throws that make Purdy a little more than a game manager.  I still think DCs can figure it out, but so far no.

It’s actually annoying that no one has figured out what to do against the last pick of the draft but I said that for years when Brady started too. Just like Brady, purdy throws balls that should be picked but never are for some reason. Yet when josh throws a bad ball it’s always picked. Purdy somehow has 0 picks this year but I’ve seen him throw at least 10 bad passes that should be picked off. I can’t explain it. But with those weapons he only needs to throw it 3 yards and the YAC guys will do all the work. Meanwhile josh is having to be Superman every week. It’s annoying. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

My biggest gripe with Beane. He sits on his hands instead of getting the best RB and weapon in the league. Niners got him for Pennie’s considering the impact he has. They haven’t lost a game with him other than when they had no QB. And even in that game he was great. He’s a cheat code and why they’re winning it all. 

It’s actually annoying that no one has figured out what to do against the last pick of the draft but I said that for years when Brady started too. Just like Brady, purdy throws balls that should be picked but never are for some reason. Yet when josh throws a bad ball it’s always picked. Purdy somehow has 0 picks this year but I’ve seen him throw at least 10 bad passes that should be picked off. I can’t explain it. But with those weapons he only needs to throw it 3 yards and the YAC guys will do all the work. Meanwhile josh is having to be Superman every week. It’s annoying. 

McCaffrey is the best all around RB in the NFL when healthy. Everyone was afraid to trade for him because of his injury history the last 2 years.

Also Allen has NOT been Superman the last 2 games. 1 he was just bad, the second he took what the D was giving him. But no Superman so far this year.. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

McCaffrey is the best all around RB in the NFL when healthy. Everyone was afraid to trade for him because of his injury history the last 2 years.

Also Allen has NOT been Superman the last 2 games. 1 he was just bad, the second he took what the D was giving him. But no Superman so far this year.. 

I was talking about josh in general but agree with your point. Surely though you see what I’m saying. QB is the most important position for the other 31 teams but literally hardly matters for SF. Even if Brock gets hurt, they’ll be fine with Darnold. 

As far as CMC goes, while he was hurt, some of that was being on crappy panthers teams and shutting it down early. His dad played for Shanahans dad so the relationship was there and I’m sure that was discussed. Niners were fortunate in that respect, as they were in the trade originally to get Jimmy G. I took ***** this summer saying “it’s over” for the rest of the league now that KS has all this time to scheme ways to use CMC in this offense but I meant it. Not only do I have money on them to win it all, I sprinkled a little bit on them to go undefeated this year too just for fun. 

Unfortunately well get the giants at full strength. They just don’t matter without Saquan. 

6 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I'd add Russel WIlson to that list. They already talking about dumbing down the playcalls for him.  I would still put Watson first.  Especially considering the other things given up for him.  Jones contract they can get out of.  Watson is tied to that club.  They are still kicking the can down the road on him.

On another note, considering the GIants lack of talent, SF wasn't really thhhhhaaaaaaaaaaat impressive.  Not as impressive as they should have been anyways.  

2 hours ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

It's not really what they need to do against Purdy. It's they are not getting to or not tackling the playmakers. Most of Purdys passes were chump yards.

Edited by Scott7975

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I mean, Josh had probably two TDs that only a few QBs could have made this week. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

I was talking about josh in general but agree with your point. Surely though you see what I’m saying. QB is the most important position for the other 31 teams but literally hardly matters for SF. Even if Brock gets hurt, they’ll be fine with Darnold. 

As far as CMC goes, while he was hurt, some of that was being on crappy panthers teams and shutting it down early. His dad played for Shanahans dad so the relationship was there and I’m sure that was discussed. Niners were fortunate in that respect, as they were in the trade originally to get Jimmy G. I took ***** this summer saying “it’s over” for the rest of the league now that KS has all this time to scheme ways to use CMC in this offense but I meant it. Not only do I have money on them to win it all, I sprinkled a little bit on them to go undefeated this year too just for fun. 

Unfortunately well get the giants at full strength. They just don’t matter without Saquan. 

I get your point about Allen. IMO that was holding the Bills back the fact he HAD to play Superman to win. Hopefully for the Bills those days are done and the team has a more balanced offense. 

As for CMC he is just amazing as is the wide receivers on SF.  Purdy is the perfect QB for them because he doesn’t try to do to much because to go with a loaded O they have the best D in the NFL. 

3 hours ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Exactly, it kills me to think how insane he could be playing with Josh, Diggs & now Kincaid. The Niners gave up a 2nd, 3rd & 4th, so quite a haul, but that would still be worth all he brings to the table when healthy. 

This offense could still use another big weapon, so I'm hoping we'll take a swing at acquiring Mike Evans.

I will never understand how an organization like the giants could have an absolutely terrible interior offensive line for this long.

How can you let the position of guard sabotage your entire franchise year after year.  Its amazing and I don't understand it.  

You would think before you paid a penny to a wr or rb you would spend big on the line.  With a good line you can win with average weapons, with a great line you can win with almost anyone at running back if the quarterback is good.  I am in the camp Daniel Jones is a good quarterback.  He is in a horrible situation with that interior.  The rookie center looks good but the guards and right tackle are so bad its ridiculous.  

the kicker is when they are picking in the top 10 again next year they will spend 6 months about how you cant take guards high in the draft then next year they will be scratching their heads again when guys are running right past their guards.  

also Darren waller appears to be a complete dud for them so far.  I can't remember if barkley has a no trade clause or not but they should trade him when he is healthy.  

anyway I am always shocked when guys making millions of dollars to make decisions keep making the wrong ones.

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

As I said in the game thread, Thibodeaux looks like a wasted pick. Zero impact on the game…

I appreciate what people are saying about Purdy but, whilst the 49ers do have an offense which really helps the quarterback, he still has to be decent to make it work. He looks better back there than Jimmy G and Lance did.

I'm sure they said on commentary that he is only on 900k this year which really allows them to spend on the rest of the roster.

As for the Giants, at least they put up a fight this week. Overall, their best performance of the season so far.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.