Deshaun Watson keeping it classy

Virgil

I didn't think the facemask penalties were much of anything. He went for a stiff arm and his fingers got caught in the grill. Don't think those would be worth a fine let alone suspension. 

https://x.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1703965949466915246?s=20

I know the league takes contact with an official pretty seriously, but going so far as to suspend a "star" QB ? I don't think there was enough here for that

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 5

Does anybody have vid of the play shown real time in the broadcast?

None of the replays they went with showed it, but I'm pretty sure that on the live broadcast of the play you can see Watson actually try to kick Alexander as he's pulling him past him by the facemask. I'm guessing that's what really pissed the guy off and I can't believe nobody on the broadcast mentioned it or that they didn't replay the original angle so you could see it.

Anybody else catch that?

19 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I didn't think the facemask penalties were much of anything. He went for a stiff arm and his fingers got caught in the grill. Don't think those would be worth a fine let alone suspension. 

https://x.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1703965949466915246?s=20

I know the league takes contact with an official pretty seriously, but going so far as to suspend a "star" QB ? I don't think there was enough here for that

Used to be if you laid a hand on an official you were tossed. Appeared to be enough here for that. He pushed him aside. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

• Simon changed the title to Deshaun Watson keeping it classy
4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Used to be if you laid a hand on an official you were tossed. Appeared to be enough here for that. He pushed him aside. 

I think it would've been pretty borderline to eject Watson for it. The ref got in his face and Watson grabbed/pulled his arm a bit to move him. Definitely not egregious contact. 

I know in the past they've had a 0 tolerance policy for touching an official. Not sure if that's still the case. Even if it is, it's one thing to eject some random guy, it's another thing to eject a $230,000,000 QB. 

I'd expect Watson to be fined for touching an official but would be shocked if he gets suspended. 

• Disagree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.