Fan dies in stands after fight at Patriots game

Bubba Gump

7 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I saw it on Pats Pulpit. The dolphin fan was punched twice in the face then slumped over in his seat.  (I don’t know how to share the article lol)  so I would agree sounds like Manslaughter. 

https://www.patspulpit.com/new-england-patriots-social-media-video-podcasts/2023/9/19/23880148/patriots-dolphins-fan-death-medical-emergency-gillette-stadium

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBud said:

Would like to travel up and see a game in person.  Crap like this just makes me happy to watch the games at home.

I dunna know, i go to most games..think the last fight i saw was prolly sometime in 15 or 16? 

31 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

and the pot..  it’s over the top. Took the kids to Bills Ravens last year and it smelled like a phish concert.  

Well, thats everywhere. Dont walk down a street in DC or NYC or Chicago etc and not expect it to smell like skunk...freaking everywhere!

28 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

cutting off beer sales at the half has backfired as the 5,000 a holes get even more blasted b4 the game even starts and the crazy stuff happens from the opening kickoff.  In the old days we'd all get drunk at the same pace together... 

That changed i believe in 17 or 18...been a long time beer sales have not quite to after quarter 3. I was on the Bills fan advisory for 3 years, and we really pushed hard for this change, as well as selling cans of beer. Halftime anxiety and beer accidentally spilled out of draft cups caused a poop ton of fights...all down once paradoxically ya made booze easier to get!

33 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

cutting off beer sales at the half has backfired as the 5,000 a holes get even more blasted b4 the game even starts and the crazy stuff happens from the opening kickoff.  In the old days we'd all get drunk at the same pace together... 

Well the $12 beers already contributed to that in the first place but your point is still valid.

24 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Did this many people die from fights in the old days? Like the 50s, 60s, 70s when fighting among guys was way more common? 

It seems like more people die or get severely hurt now. Is it from inexperience? No more fighting code among guys? 

They probably did but we just didn't hear about it because most news back then was primarily local.  "National news" was limited to news about politics, international affairs, and the rich and famous.  Back then, this story would have only made the newspapers and radio/tv news in the Boston area.  

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

Well the $12 beers already contributed to that in the first place but your point is still valid.

Where you finding $12 beers in that joint? My Hayburners and Southern Tiers were $20!

I have nice seats in the most expensive section outside of clubs...my Bills Bucks did even cover two beer LOL!!!!!!

Edited by plenzmd1

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

Where you finding $12 beers in that joint? My Hayburners and Southern Tiers were $20!

I have nice seats in the most expensive section outside of clubs...my Bills Bucks did even cover two beer LOL!!!!!!

Stop buying fancy beer and you'll find a $12 beer. 😆

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Imagine being the guy in prison for killing someone at a football game. 

something similar happened around here years ago.  it was after a men's league softball game.  the two sides were shaking hands, and one guy punched an opposing player in the side of the head and killed him.  it went from a softball game to manslaughter.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Behindenemylines said:

Maybe 6-7 years ago was at the Pats game at Gillette Christmas Eve with the whole extended family. Only Bills fan in MY group and in that section. Had a blast busting chops with everyone and we were all having fun. 

About the third I went down to take a leak.  Some guy way to drunk was getting nasty and started with little pushes etc. ignored him unto he reached around and tried grabbing my junk while I was doing my business.  Kept saying “No ***** no *****”

Had no choice but to plant my fist in his face and luckily dropped him. Pi$$ed on the guy next to me and the floor and then realized I’m surrounded by about 100 drunk Pats fans with junk hanging out. 

they kinda laughed and stepped over him and I got the hell out of there.   It was the first time I hit somebody in probably twenty years. 

Had to explain to the crew why my hand was bloody and swollen. Nephews still talk about it every Christmas and it’s their goto phrase playing pickup basketball etc.  

Of all people…..YOU should be more careful Behindenemylines. 

😋

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Behindenemylines said:

Maybe 6-7 years ago was at the Pats game at Gillette Christmas Eve with the whole extended family. Only Bills fan in MY group and in that section. Had a blast busting chops with everyone and we were all having fun. 

About the third I went down to take a leak.  Some guy way to drunk was getting nasty and started with little pushes etc. ignored him unto he reached around and tried grabbing my junk while I was doing my business.  Kept saying “No ***** no *****”

Had no choice but to plant my fist in his face and luckily dropped him. Pi$$ed on the guy next to me and the floor and then realized I’m surrounded by about 100 drunk Pats fans with junk hanging out. 

they kinda laughed and stepped over him and I got the hell out of there.   It was the first time I hit somebody in probably twenty years. 

Had to explain to the crew why my hand was bloody and swollen. Nephews still talk about it every Christmas and it’s their goto phrase playing pickup basketball etc.  

Should've finished up the leak properly on that dude🤣

25 minutes ago, teef said:

something similar happened around here years ago.  it was after a men's league softball game.  the two sides were shaking hands, and one guy punched an opposing player in the side of the head and killed him.  it went from a softball game to manslaughter.  

I Believe it was this:

7 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

People don't seem to realize that one single punch to someone's head can be fatal. I saw it during a softball game at Cobbs Hill in Rochester. Two guys got into it, and one punch later, one of them was dead. That's why I've never punched anyone since then, it really freaked me out. That was like 20 years ago. I know a few other non-fatal ways to de-escalate a situation. Thankfully I'm past that point in my life.....I think. Not to mention, I'm surrounded by the greatest Bills fans in my section that I could ever hope for. Never an issue. And I'm 4 rows behind Jim Kelly and family. Yeah, that's right, I'm that f'n special, lol. 

8 minutes ago, eball said:

I think the post title needs to be edited...it appears it was a Dolphins fan who died -- but he lived in NH.

Everything I've seen has said it was a 53 year old Patriots season ticket holder and he was wearing a Patriots' jersey.

Edited by DasNootz

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.