Fish v. Pats

Bills fan since 87

19 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Ain't like they have not seen them before, even before Hill was a Dolphin.

Allen plays them pretty strong each year and if it wasn't for half the team dropping from heat stroke we would not have dropped that game on Miami.

The run and Mostart running over our defense is what I remember last time we met, but I like out DL rotation and DTs better this year vs the run.

We will see if they are ready to kick us off the AFC East hill.

Miami certainly is a formidable challenge. In two games their offense, speed, and explosiveness is impressive. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I doubt they would have scored a TD on that drive anyways. The game did not come down to that last call, whatever Pats fans are trying to convince themselves.

You can't say that... regardless the patriots were robbed of the chance to tie and I'm pretty sure belichik would have went for two...the fans were robbed of a potential great ending..see we both can play hypotheticals and that's why you let that game play out with the call on the field stands

Pats had an opportunity 2 weeks in a row; fate has finally been unkind to them. 

It's clear after two weeks of the season, Miami is going to be the team to beat with a healthy Tua. 

Defense will not be enough to beat Miami, offensive power is what it's going to take to beat them. 

Miami is the biggest threat to us in the division. Thank God we have them at home in few weeks, we will need that edge. 

Im honestly pretty thankful for tua…he’s a pretty good qb in a great system that will probably be a stat monster that they won’t really be able to move on from.

if the dolphins had a great qb that could go through progressions and use the whole field more consistently they’d be a Super Bowl front runner every year 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

It's clear after two weeks of the season, Miami is going to be the team to beat with a healthy Tua. 

Defense will not be enough to beat Miami, offensive power is what it's going to take to beat them. 

Miami is the biggest threat to us in the division. Thank God we have them at home in few weeks, we will need that edge. 

I'm not sure home field will be an edge. I have to see what happens next week and maybe that won't be enough to convince me still. I'll feel

better about beating Miami once they do. Miami just looks too good right now. Buffalo, although I'm happy with a win, still looks like they are figuring things out a bit. 

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I'm not sure home field will be an edge. I have to see what happens next week and maybe that won't be enough to convince me still. I'll feel

better about beating Miami once they do. Miami just looks too good right now. Buffalo, although I'm happy with a win, still looks like they are figuring things out a bit. 

Last year, Miami beat Buffalo in week 3 to go 3-0 and had a crazy 21 point 4th quarter comeback against the Ravens, and their offense was on fire for another month and a half after that point between Tua injuries. Buffalo lost their first two divisional games. 

Buffalo still won the division and had a 3 game cushion 

Lot of football to play

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, Goin Breakdown said:

I agree on some points.  Miami looks awesome.  They looked awesome with Tua all year last year and it doesn't look like they missed a beat with him back this year. 

Home field is huge, especially for Allen in Buffalo.  They are 11 out of 12 at home dating back over 2 years.  Bills Mafia and the fan base in general, bring the energy.  Allen and this team feed off of that. There were multiple instances today where Allen killed plays, changed plays and was easily able to communicate with teammates in the quiet, cozy confines of home base. 

Miami is going to score, you need to be able to match that potency to win.  Not many teams can score at will like Miami, Buffalo happens to be one of them. 

I expect 25-35 points scored by both teams when we meet. 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Fun game. Pats will be tough for everybody.

Not. 

4 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Pats aren't an easy out. Shot themselves in the foot with turnovers past two weeks and were on the wrong end of zebras today. 

I'm sure the zebras will settle their debt when we meet up lol

Ya they are in relative terms. What game did you watch? The Jets with Zach will be a tougher out than the pats 

54 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Im honestly pretty thankful for tua…he’s a pretty good qb in a great system that will probably be a stat monster that they won’t really be able to move on from

I think this is selling Tua short. He is unbelievably quick and accurate. That’s a dangerous combination with the speed he has on offense.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I think this is selling Tua short. He is unbelievably quick and accurate. That’s a dangerous combination with the speed he has on offense.

They’ll have to pay him. If they do, they’ll lose Waddle and/or Hill. You can’t have a QB contract and two top WR contracts. Especially after they paid Chubb. Dolphins are all in on this year because the bills are coming due.

• Like (+1) 2

• Simon unpinned this topic
6 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I doubt they would have scored a TD on that drive anyways. The game did not come down to that last call, whatever Pats fans are trying to convince themselves.

Who knows! But making (what I thought) was such an obvious mistake in saying he was short was dumb. Let the game continue.. 

But again dumb mistakes wary killed them! That Douglas fumble was a minimum 10 point swing.  They clean up the dumb mistakes they probably win against 2 playoff caliber teams.. but woulda shoulda coulda.. but didn’t.. 

6 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

Not. 

Ya they are in relative terms. What game did you watch? The Jets with Zach will be a tougher out than the pats 

I said before season started we need to split our games with Jets and Dolphins. I look at both teams as not give me games. With Rogers out we should have won that one. Hope it doesn't bite us. This division will be nail biter in my opinion.

7 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

I agree Miami is going to be tough this year if Tua stays healthy. That said they only scored 7 points the entire second half and the game was right there for the Pats O! Sadly that O line is beyond horrid right now. I mean less than 3 yards a carry on a team that gave up over 200 yards last week! Ugh

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Who knows! But making (what I thought) was such an obvious mistake in saying he was short was dumb. Let the game continue.. 

But again dumb mistakes wary killed them! That Douglas fumble was a minimum 10 point swing.  They clean up the dumb mistakes they probably win against 2 playoff caliber teams.. but woulda shoulda coulda.. but didn’t.. 

I mean, I think it's pretty clear he was short. I hate seeing the game end like that too, but football has always been a "game of inches". 

Letting the game continue just to see how it plays out would have been egregious to the Dolphin players that made an excellent stop. 

We've all seen how "Let em have it" turns out.

20230918_072531.jpg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I mean, I think it's pretty clear he was short. I hate seeing the game end like that too, but football has always been a "game of inches". 

Letting the game continue just to see how it plays out would have been egregious to the Dolphin players that made an excellent stop. 

We've all seen how "Let em have it" turns out.

20230918_072531.jpg

THIS is like analytics in baseball. Breaking something down to the smallest fragment is annoying.  It takes the human element out of it.  That’s just me. Also the line drawn is wrong, it’s the stick to the left that is the first down marker and that’s on his arm and to close to call. But the Pats probably don’t win anyways because the Pats O is just inconsistent and that’s on the O line right now.  (Also want to know why anyone is running a 3 1/2 yard route on a 4th and 4) 

That said the O needs to stop with the early mistakes. That’s what’s killing this team right now. Unforced mistakes 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.