Fish v. Pats

Bills fan since 87

10 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I'm not sure home field will be an edge. I have to see what happens next week and maybe that won't be enough to convince me still. I'll feel

better about beating Miami once they do. Miami just looks too good right now. Buffalo, although I'm happy with a win, still looks like they are figuring things out a bit. 

Miami looks too good? Lol by beating a chargers team by 2 points that allowed tannehill to go 20/24 and shred them ? Or by pulling out a win down to the wire against a patriots team Allen dominates? Don't crown them division champs just yet bud

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billever76 said:

Miami looks too good? Lol by beating a chargers team by 2 points that allowed tannehill to go 20/24 and shred them ? Or by pulling out a win down to the wire against a patriots team Allen dominates? Don't crown them division champs just yet bud

Game was essentially over long before the last drive 

3 hours ago, drummernut74 said:

Tua hasn't proven he can win a big game against a good team in a high stress situation.  He (and Miami) have choked every time in those situations

Neither has buffalo

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Mijami started 2 games away - NFL decided it did not want complaints on Fish Shade marring start of season?

I wish they would deal with in in a more permanent way. Tweaking the schedule is fine, but that’s not really “fixing” anything. 

32 minutes ago, drummernut74 said:

Ummm …. Winning 3 straight Division titles and advancing in the playoffs each time would support the contrary 

Moot point as we choked in the later divisional rounds.

These arbitrary "trends" get debated all the time. I seem to recall a streak of close games we lost and folks were all saying they can't win the close games.

That was disproved last year.

Now it is that the team cannot win in OT... it is an odd streak, but I don't think it is definitive because they are so infrequent, but that narrative will be there till they have an OT they win.

• Haha (+1) 1

It's kind of fun to read what younger Pats fans are saying out there.  A lot of "why should I spend my time watching a mediocre team?"  And it's a serious sentiment.

It's not a bad question in the context of life.  I kind of wish I had the countless hours of painful Bills viewing from about 2 decades back.  It just bummed me out most Sundays.

But, it's also part of being a fan, if you sign up for that overall experience.

1 hour ago, Success said:

It's kind of fun to read what younger Pats fans are saying out there.  A lot of "why should I spend my time watching a mediocre team?"  And it's a serious sentiment.

It's not a bad question in the context of life.  I kind of wish I had the countless hours of painful Bills viewing from about 2 decades back.  It just bummed me out most Sundays.

But, it's also part of being a fan, if you sign up for that overall experience.

If you’ve been a fan long enough you know that existential question well. It was really hard when you knew they had no shot at the division and even a wild card was a stretch combined with few likable players or coaches. especially after the late 80s and early 90s with all that talent and personalities…. They had a chance every game. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Game was essentially over long before the last drive 

Neither has buffalo

Did Allen not prove he can win a big game in a high stress situation unlike TUA?...I mean Allen put his team up in the playoffs at arrowhead with 13s left....no you're wrong...ALLEN HAS SHOWN IT

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.