Around the NfL Week 2

aristocrat

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I’m convinced that the Jets are just this teams kryptonite.

Dallas walked right down the field against that defense.

The Jets game plan for us pretty hard I think, they had a pretty good read on taking away some of the things Josh does best, which when your team relies on him too much can be a pain. There were moments where we were moving the ball slowly down the field, for whatever reason it seemed like we moved away from it though maybe they made an adjustment.

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

The Jets game plan for us pretty hard I think, they had a pretty good read on taking away some of the things Josh does best, which when your team relies on him too much can be a pain. There were moments where we were moving the ball slowly down the field, for whatever reason it seemed like we moved away from it though maybe they made an adjustment.

If Josh played the Jets as he did today, the Bills would have won. Yes, their defense is better than the Raiders but the difference isn't that great.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Man... I really wish we did whatever it took to snag Christian McCaffrey when he was available last year. Dude is killing it for the Niners. 

Not sure I'd trust Dorsey to utilize him as well as Kyle Shanahan, but McCaffrey's so good he'd find a way to make it work anyway.

CMC is great. But bringing this up on a day that James Cook popped for 160 total yards is bizarre.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Big Blitz said:

The Giants are a complete disaster.  

I had them down as not close to the playoffs in my prediction. Last season felt like they were a fairy tale team. A great story but so many close wins. Also, if Daboll is the QB whisperer as the media keeps saying, why is Jones so bad?

• Agree 1

I don’t get this LA/SF challenge with Aiyuk. I don’t get a catch in the NFL. Two steps, elbow touch’s while being tackled. WTF is controlling through the ground?

I don’t get why the rules are different for different positions or different spots on the field. If he were a running back or in the end zone that’s a TD. 

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Regressed to the means. They weren't good last year and aside from the Vikings maybe were the luckiest team in the NFL IMO

I'm surprised Daboll was content with Jones at QB. I wouldn't want that dude as our franchise QB getting a contract like that.  It could be Dabolls downfall as a HC and I think he is a pretty good coach.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I'm surprised Daboll was content with Jones at QB. I wouldn't want that dude as our franchise QB getting a contract like that.  It could be Dabolls downfall as a HC and I think he is a pretty good coach.

I figured he'd want him as a bridge QB, can't really see enough upside to want him as the guy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.