Week 2 Bills vs Raiders Home Opener!

BuffaloBillyG

3 hours ago, Process said:

This is random. I've never heard of a team doing this. 

Bills sort of did it in the past. They had two back to back west coast games and stayed on the west coast instead of traveling back.

Don't recall them leaving early for a west coast game though.

The track record of west coast teams traveling east and playing at 1pm is not in their favor.

Interesting because I thought Vegas was only two hours behind, whereas West Virginia is several decades behind....

• Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Funny you say that right after I read this article. It discusses defending Mahomes but applies to Allen as well.

The NFL is ever evolving. Now the style is big armed QBs and explosive fast WRs. So defenses will adjust and that that away. What's the next evolution? Teams have across the league gone to lighter, faster coverage LBers to help.  I think the answer to help Allen is to have a consistent reliable ground game to take advantage, make teams defend it and take advantage where they can through the air in spots. A guy like KC has with Pacheco. Not flashy but can take advantage of a light box and deal punishment. Scheme guys open underneath and get those valuable RAC yards.

"It's high risk, throwing the ball all the way down the field, maybe in double coverage or if it's 40 yards in the air," Steelers quarterback Mitch Trubisky said. "Rather, (you can) throw it five yards and let that guy run the rest of the way, so the run after catch has been a huge emphasis ...You see the really good teams who are scoring a lot of points. They're not necessarily always throwing it deep. They're throwing it underneath and letting the guy run the rest of the way."

This quote by Trubisky illustrates in my mind why a guy like Tua is lighting up scoreboards and stat boxes, while QBs like Allen and Herbert are hit and miss. Must be nice to have a coach that can be ahead of offensive trends.

yeah that works for them because they have yac guys. We don’t. 

1 minute ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Hard when Josh sees the field about as well as Helen Keller…

leave it to MIDermmot to throw everybody under the bus except himself…

That last interception was perhaps largely on Gabe's piss poor route running.  Aikman and Buck were talking about it on the broadcast.  If Gabe gave even the slightest head juke to the inside Whitehead would have likely been delayed enough for a completion there.  Instead, he ran straight to a spot.

Either Diggs hasn't taken Gabe under his wing and taught him how to run routes or Gabe is a terrible learner.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

29 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Gabe Davis....tick tock...contract season is here. Step up or step out.

I think his replacement/upgrade is Kincaid - more of a big WR than an undersized TE at this stage of his career. I expect to see the Knox/Kincaid "two TE" alignment a lot more again next week, with a lot more balls going Kincaid's way than Davis's way. It's a matter of trust now.

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I think his replacement/upgrade is Kincaid - more of a big WR than an undersized TE at this stage of his career. I expect to see the Knox/Kincaid "two TE" alignment a lot more again next week, with a lot more balls going Kincaid's way than Davis's way. It's a matter of trust now.

On One Bills Live, Brown and Tasker were talking about the Bills being in 12 personnel versus the Jets 68% of the time.  That's because the Jets defense is weakest against that particular grouping.  They are the strongest versus 11 personnel.  It was actually a good game plan by Dorsey.  Josh just went off script, particularly in the second half.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

does JA not realize he has a habit, or has become, a QB that has played these games multiple times.  it's like a child who gets caught lying, I won't believe he cares or will put in the work to improve until it actually happens.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Pro football Reference advanced stats are in:

Notes:

Diggs caught 10 of 11 targets. Not ad advanced stat, just a good one. 

Kincaid was very impactful. PFR has a “success” rating, which gives a number out of 100 for yards gained vs down and distance. DK had a 100, meaning very good. 

Hardy and Cook did not do great on that success scale. 

Bernard was credited with 1 missed tackle. He was didn’t allow a reception (0-1), made 11 tackles, and had a QB hurry on his 1 blitz. 

Milano’s numbers were very similar (1-2, 7 yards and 1 missed tackle), plus a pick. 

Tre Day was targeted 3 times, gave up 2 catches for 1 yard and a TD. Did have 2 missed tackles (ouch)

Benford also 3 targets, 2 catches for 26 yards. Zero missed tackles. 

Hyde and Poyer were solid, maybe rusty. 

6 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

does JA not realize he has a habit, or has become, a QB that has played these games multiple times.  it's like a child who gets caught lying, I won't believe he cares or will put in the work to improve until it actually happens.  

You realize Josh isn’t going to sit here and answer questions at these pressers like the fans and media are the ultimate authority figures.

He owes none of us any explanations/apologies and gives us all ‘coach speak’ answers because it’s what he was taught to do. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

Take the Jets there. The Cowboys might win 6-3.

People are going to be surprised when other teams are able to move the ball on the Jets. It’s in our heads or something. Other teams are going to score on them. We are giving the Jets defense way too much credit. We are just missing it when we play them. Or we are scared 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JayBaller10 said:

Bills at -9.5 are the biggest favorites this weekend. Second biggest are the Cowpokes at -9 over the Jets. 

Until we prove that we can get out of our own way, I am going to have a tough time taking us to win by double digits.  I think we will win, but I am not sure we find a way to cover that.

17 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

People are going to be surprised when other teams are able to move the ball on the Jets. It’s in our heads or something. Other teams are going to score on them. We are giving the Jets defense way too much credit. We are just missing it when we play them. Or we are scared 

We certainly played scared at the end of the first half.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.