2023 NFL Season - Week #1 - Bills at Jets - Post game game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, Virgil said:

This ruins the entire first month of the season for me.  Beaton the Raiders and Commanders will mean nothing to me.  Knowing that we haven’t improved enough to get past the good teams, makes it all seem pointless.  

We lost to the Steelers in week 1 of 2021.

Just now, SirAndrew said:

If he really said that, that’s crazy. I’ve never heard that from a pro QB. It would speak to some major issues, even though everyone would say that don’t exist. 

Yeah man he sat down and seemed to say “same ***** different day”(?) after letting out a long sigh? No idea what that was about.

Also seemed to have more of a southern drawl at points while answering. lol wtf is going on 

• Agree 1

On top of the rest of his poor play, Josh seemed to be searching out big hits. He was running into guys instead of out of bounds for almost no chance of more yards and took a big hit late for refusing to slide. I actually praised the first one at the time because we seemed to be ok this game early. Boy was I wrong. 

Just 100% sloppy game. Two of these would be really concerning. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

Leodis McKelvin! Fumbling away the game fighting for an extra yard: yes—that was worse. But nobody thought the Bills were good then. They lacked talent all around. Now, the expectations are high and they can't live up to them.

Those games were infinitely worse 

3 minutes ago, Alpo Chino said:

Needed more Latavius and Harris. Type of runners you need vs a physical front. 

They really aren't the answers. They are power backs and the Bills oline is anything but that. 

The oline got beat in the trenches. It was pretty obvious pre game that the Jets Dline would give the Bills issues. They certainly didn't disappoint. 

The Bills still look to have issues in the trenches. Hard to win against good teams. 

• Agree 1

Just now, stevestojan said:

On top of the rest of his poor play, Josh seemed to be searching out big hits. He was running into guys instead of out of bounds for almost no chance of more yards and took a big hit late for refusing to slide. I actually praised the first one at the time because we seemed to be ok this game early. Boy was I wrong. 

Imo Josh was playing angry and wanted the contact.

There's something very wrong behind the scenes. Team seems wound tight, undisciplined and angry 

Just now, stevestojan said:

It was odd the way Josh too contact. Funny thing though he never delivered a blow. He was getting rocked. He looked either confused or just over confident like he is Superman. But did not work out for him. 

2 minutes ago, Fetou said:

The Bills don't have any players on defense with the same level of elite playmaking as the truly elite defenses do. They are a good unit and definitely did enough to win today, but they aren't going to hold up against better teams and QBs the way that the Jets contained us. We don't have the personnel for it. If Beane hadn't have drafted Josh Allen I really think he should be gone by now.

Spot on here. 

2 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Yeah man he sat down and seemed to say “same ***** different day”(?) after letting out a long sigh? No idea what that was about.

Also seemed to have more of a southern drawl at points while answering. lol wtf is going on 

I was listening on the app and they didn't beep it out. He definitely said it clearly.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.