2023 NFL Season - Week #1 - Bills at Jets - 1st half game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Bills started with shades of 2019 and 2020. 2019, short passing plays starting with a slant to Diggs, flare route to Harty, back to Knox. 

2020, a lot of spread offense early, with 3-4 wides. 

Allen had one of his best throws in awhile, reminiscent of the Gabe Davis dagger against the 49ers, but this was back the other way in between 3 Jets for a 26-yard gain.

Mixing in Cook in variety of different looks on the ground. He got 8 carries, best run was a sweep right to the outside for 11.  

Bernard stinks, gets completely swallowed, is an effective blitzer. 

Milano's closing speed is noticeable. 

Oh. I may have misppke I was able to wFch the game just not focus

1 minute ago, Simon said:

He's completed 17 passes agaisnt that defense, most of them excellent throws.

The few mistakes are glaring from a player that good, btu they have been few, imo

They are going to terrorize offenses this year. If their QB is Zach Wilson it may not matter 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

With the others team’s QB going down and Zach Wilson throwing a bad pick. Cmon. Allen looks lost. Offense still doesn’t look good minus a couple good runs and 2 nice throws one to Gabe and one to diggs. 

17/21 133 1/1

"Looks lost" according to this guy

Can't make this ***** up

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm happy to see the offense moving the ball against this defense. Jets D is good. Josh's targets are well covered. The run game is tough sledding. Pressure is getting there quick. I want to see more of the TEs getting more involved in the second half. Make those DBs and safeties tackle those bigger bodies.

a small note to everyone concerning the second half....Field Goals are a good thing.

long drives with field goals will lead to a w here.  

If they get a stop on this opening drive the jets might call it a night emotionally like the giants did last night.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Jets D is GOOD.  Unfortunately for them, their offensive line is absolute ASS.  Becton js a joke, and their only success are chunk runs. 

I expect them to come out running in the second half, need to have gap control strong and make tackles at the line.