Around the NFL Week 1

HappyDays

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I don’t really want to hear about Herbert being in the same class with Allen after today. 

He never will be. He doesn’t have the ability to improvise like the elite QBs can. He’s another Matt Ryan - on the cusp of elite but never really quite there.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

They looked totally beatable. 2 turnovers and still a huck it deep or nothing offense. Gave up 230 yards rushing. 

Their offence is straight up nasty.

Their defence has big question marks.

If Miami doesn’t make a couple dumb mistakes, realistically they probably win this game by 10 though 

6 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Gotta admit,  Miami looked really solid today on the road against a decent team. The only thing holding them back i think is injuries.  If they can keep their main guys healthy they will be right there with the AFC’s best 

I wouldn’t sweat it. Chargers specialize in these kinds of losses. Tua is one decent NFL hit away from retirement. It’s just a matter of time. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Philly almost blew it. Going for it on 4th down w/ 2 min to go near mid field up by 5. You punt, pin them deep & work the clock. 

That was mind-boggling to me.  Just a bad, bad coaching decision. 

Make Mac Jones go 90 yards to beat you. Don't present a gift to him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Their offence is straight up nasty.

Their defence has big question marks.

If Miami doesn’t make a couple dumb mistakes, realistically they probably win this game by 10 though 

When I think of a nasty offense I think of one that can run, pass, and do multiple things. 

It's a conditional offense.

They will feast in fair conditions versus poor pass coverage teams. They will struggle versus better defenses and in poor elements. Games in LA in Sept is what they are made for. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Liked the Chefs and Bungals losing

the Chargers disappointed me but honestly both of those teams looked like they have glaring issues.  

Pats D is decent and will keep them in games.   

Get after any QB and they aren’t the same person the media makes them out to be.   

Liked the Titans losing…Vrabel could fall in a hole and I’d shovel in on him.  

No team looked like world beaters so…. I guess it is still just week one.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RichRiderBills said:

When I think of a nasty offense I think of one that can run, pass, and do multiple things. 

They will feast in fair conditions versus poor pass coverage teams. They will struggle versus better defenses and in poor elements. Games in LA in Sept is what they are made for. 

I don’t know man haha, I hope you’re right but..

Most of the best offences are pretty lopsided towards passing. (Bills, chiefs, bengals etc)

Miami fits right in with that

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I mean so would we, so would any good passing team.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

He never will be. He doesn’t have the ability to improvise like the elite QBs can. He’s another Matt Ryan - on the cusp of elite but never really quite there.

That’s a great comp actually, and that will help ensure the Chefs continue to dominate in the West unfortunately.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

You know Roundy that’s a very good comparison he’ll put up numbers but when he gets in these QB duels he’ll always be on the short end 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean obviously Belichick and that defense would be able to slow down that offense, still the same problem of needing to find a way to score points but probably have a better chance against Miami than the Eagles you'd think.

I was shocked how well the O line did today. Only 2 sacks. BB gave up 3 potential points going for it on 4th down..

I tuned into the Chargers game late. Weird, I thought it was in Miami because of the massive Dolphins support in the stadium. So many Dolphins fans that Hill was standing on the bench whooping the crowd up to be loud on the Chargers last series. Chargers of course completely blew and collapsed on the last drive. They have no focus when it matters.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.