OT…Now the Jets are the 85 Bears

78thealltimegreat

22 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Man they certainly think alot of themselves don’t they? 

Didn’t the Bills have a statistically better D last year and lose like only one guy?

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/d-j-reed-jets-defense-can-be-historical-like-1985-bears-or-legion-of-boom 

72 dolphins

Not really OT - I saw this & was surprised we weren't talking about it yet.

That Jets D is formidable.  The CB's statement was hyperbole - but they actually could be one of those D's we talk about as time goes on.  This 1st game concerns me because of that.  They won't stop our offense, but they can slow it down - and if Rodgers can put up enough points, they can certainly get the win.

I think we win the game, but their D is a concern.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4

8 minutes ago, Success said:

Not really OT - I saw this & was surprised we weren't talking about it yet.

That Jets D is formidable.  The CB's statement was hyperbole - but they actually could be one of those D's we talk about as time goes on.  This 1st game concerns me because of that.  They won't stop our offense, but they can slow it down - and if Rodgers can put up enough points, they can certainly get the win.

I think we win the game, but their D is a concern.

Saying a team is good on D is one thing comparing them to arguably the greatest D in nfl history is another when 5 of their 7 wins last year came against backup QBs. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Didn’t the Bills have a statistically better D last year and lose like only one guy?

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/d-j-reed-jets-defense-can-be-historical-like-1985-bears-or-legion-of-boom 

Well, chalk it up to coaching then, because against our 2nd-ranked D their offense with Zach Wilson and Mike White in two games put up more yards (619 to 549), more passing yards (369 to 313), averaged over 7 minutes better in time-of-possession, logged more 1st-Downs (40 to 33), and had a better 3rd-down-conversion rate.   

They averaged 16 ppg with White and Wilson to our 18.5 with Allen.  Now they have essentially the same D, presumably our number, and Rodgers and Cook.  

They shouldn't be taken lightly, at last not by us.  They were our two worst games last year.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Bills-Defense-Number1.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Well, chalk it up to coaching then, because against our 2nd-ranked D their offense with Zach Wilson and Mike White in two games put up more yards (619 to 549), more passing yards (369 to 313), averaged over 7 minutes better in time-of-possession, logged more 1st-Downs (40 to 33), and had a better 3rd-down-conversion rate.   

They averaged 16 ppg with White and Wilson to our 18.5 with Allen.  Now they have essentially the same D, presumably our number, and Rodgers and Cook.  

They shouldn't be taken lightly, at last not by us.  They were our two worst games last year.  

So Josh Allen isn’t as good as Mike White and Zach Wilson gotcha 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.