Will boogie basham be the next Wyatt Teller for Beane?

Coldfronts

6 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Not likely IMO. I believe he will do what he's always done. Flash for a play here and there and then go 6 weeks of being invisible.

Could have moved him to a 3T and given him Oliver’s jersey, nobody would have noticed.

Let me first say that I think scheme fit is a thing, but only relatively, and mostly applies to depth players.

I think really good football players find a way to be really good football players in multiple schemes. 

Scenarios like Wyatt Teller “not being a scheme fit” but being an all pro elsewhere are an issue wither either talent evaluation/FO and/or coaching. 

Similarly if Elam turns out to be a strong corner in another defense that’s a scar on the Bills org not “the scheme”. 

You put players in a position to succeed. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Coldfronts said:

Got a feeling this was going to be Boogies break out season.  Did Breane not give him the time (one more year) to develop like he did to Teller who is now an all pro G or did beane make the right move why?

Apples and oranges.

3 hours ago, freddyjj said:

The Giants plan on playing Boogie as an OLB in their 3-4 defense.  He is too small and short to play 5 technique for their D. 

I stand corrected, I was under the impression they weren’t gonna stand him up based on chatting with some of their fans about him. 

7 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

I predict this thread gets bumped every time he has a sack

So twice then, right?

21 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

No *****in' way.  Boogie was a double D bust.  All his "success" in the preseason was against 2's and 3's.  He'll disappear against the first string as he has since he was drafted.

You have a problem with double D busts?

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Coldfronts said:

Got a feeling this was going to be Boogies break out season.  Did Breane not give him the time (one more year) to develop like he did to Teller who is now an all pro G or did beane make the right move why?

You are going to get a lot of flack for this, and probably more so just given the Teller comparison as Teller has become one of the best at his position.  But personally, I think Boogie has a real chance to get more opportunities there and develop.  And he has shown some flashes, even this preseason.  I watched an interview with Boogie early in camp and I came away impressed with him, his outlook, mindset, etc.  

Sometimes things like a change of scenery, new system, more opportunities, etc are all a young players needs.  Look at Jerry Hughes, he was seen as a big bust in Indy when we traded for him and then he came in here and was a pretty good player for us for 9 years.  

Teller is a high bar to set for anyone, not many get to that level, so don't know he is destined to be the next Teller.  But I also don't think the idea of him breaking out there is crazy.  

All that being said, he wasn't able to set himself apart here so regardless I think the right choice was to trade him.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

22 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

In 2 years Boogie will be boogie-ing right out of the league.

Meh. He’s a bust for the Bills because we drafted him in the second round. That taints him here. But to everyone else he will be a capable backup DE who can kick inside if needed. He can last in the league. Just look at Shaq Lawson. No so great as far as a first round pick and I am glad we didn’t pay him. But he’s pretty nice to have as a backup at vet minimum. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.