We are heading into a 12-5 season, maybe better.

Italian Bills

In sport, we all saw it hundreds times, the main reason that makes players/athletes and teams reach unexpected results, is all about motivations. 

Yes.. the famous “chip on the shoulder”. 

Do you think that our guys don’t read what has been said and wrote in this past months/weeks ? 

All the hype on the Jets and Rodgers ? 

That we have too many weak holes ? That McDermott is a very good coach but that he can’t be the coach for a Superbowl trophy ?

And what about the schedule ? Yes.. that our schedule is brutal like hell ? Breaking news: every game start 0-0 and also the other Teams will play the Bills !

And most or all: that Josh is now behind not only Mahomes but also behind Burrow and Rodgers and Hurts ? That he’s a turnovers machine ? 

And many other words… against the Bills. 

I close this way: let the health be with us and you’ll see what the Bills will be capable of this year. 

Edited by Italian Bills
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 5

I have no idea how many games they will win, I just hope they keep the big guy upright for everygame.

the athletic did a win total thing and came up with the bills having the third highest wins at 10.7

https://theathletic.com/4816117/2023/08/31/nfl-win-totals-projections-reactions-2/

Buffalo Bills

Win total: 10.7

The Bills, who won 13 games last season, have the talent to be a double-digit win team once again. But they face a more difficult schedule this year, including a much-improved AFC East and road games in Kansas City, Cincinnati, Philadelphia and against the Los Angeles Chargers. Regardless of the difficulty, the Bills should have one of the best offenses in the league and enough defensive talent to steal some close games. — Joe Buscaglia

23 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I have no idea how many games they will win, I just hope they keep the big guy upright for everygame.

the athletic did a win total thing and came up with the bills having the third highest wins at 10.7

https://theathletic.com/4816117/2023/08/31/nfl-win-totals-projections-reactions-2/

Buffalo Bills

The Bills, who won 13 games last season, have the talent to be a double-digit win team once again. But they face a more difficult schedule this year, including a much-improved AFC East and road games in Kansas City, Cincinnati, Philadelphia and against the Los Angeles Chargers. Regardless of the difficulty, the Bills should have one of the best offenses in the league and enough defensive talent to steal some close games. — Joe Buscaglia

Yeah, I saw that. It seemed very reasonable.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I think what causes concern is that Miami and the Jets have gotten better there’s no disputing that

The question is have they gotten better enough to beat us while we have also gotten better?

We’re about to find out

Even if they have gotten better, 2/3 of our losses were against them last year anyway. We could split with them this year and the results would be the same.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

There’s not a team we play that we can’t beat.  The offense is dominate and D is good nuff.  We’re gonna make our East rivals marvel at our magnificence.  They will petition Roger to transfer to another division.  Go Bills 🦬

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I think what causes concern is that Miami and the Jets have gotten better there’s no disputing that

The question is have they gotten better enough to beat us while we have also gotten better?

We’re about to find out

This ^^^ plus our schedule is harder…

Looking at our first 8 games I definitely think we will go 6-2 or better starting off. Heading into the back half of the schedule we need a healthy roster and Von back to his form. It won’t be easy playing cincy, Philly, KC and LAC at home but we are more than capable of winning every one of those games. I mean we beat KC basically every year at their place during the regular season. 

Edited by NeverOutNick

Injuries and coming out flat in games, two things we saw too much last year are concerns as well as a brutal road schedule including KC, Cin and Phil, a sold home game vs London's future team who has the benefit of playing there the week before and then facing a Giants team that you know Daboll circled this game on his calendar the week after playing in jolly old England are all concerns I think are valid.

Can McD keep this team up for every game ? ... I hope so, at least we know Diggs is up every week.

I could see this team anywhere between 9-8 and 12-5 provided #17 starts and finishes every game

48 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Our season rides on McDermott’s ability to be a defensive genius, Dorsey’s play calling, and ultimately Josh and the offense to execute and stay healthy.  Time to play.  Let’s Go Buffalo!

getting rid of Frazier is going to get us another East crown 3 more  playoff wins this year

McClappy needs to wipe that 13 second stain off once and for all-

I'll stop calling him McClappy when we win it all

• Like (+1) 3

I think it's hilarious the way people are declaring the end of the Buffalo Bills.  The most recent example is Acho saying the Bills aren't elite anymore.   Some other talking heads have suggested a 3rd or 4th place AFCE finish for us.  

It seems like the Bills had all this hype last year.  But when we didn't bring home the hardware, we became yesterday's news.  Now the AFCE hype surrounds the Fins and more so Rodgers & the Jets.  

We lost Edmunds.  That's pretty much it.  MLB is the only position where we've experienced a downgrade.  

And, while we might not have been the league leaders in man-games lost to injury last year, our injuries were to our main playmakers: Josh, Miller, White, Poyer, and Hyde.  And while Edmunds' loss will hurt, we did add some guys at other positions who will help. 

I don't get the Fall-of-the Roman-Empire narrative for the Bills.   While the hype has faded, I think the reality is still on solid ground.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I got 14-3

I disagree. Every year they base SOS off of last year's team records. Every year several teams are worse, some better so you can't go by SOS. We opened against the defending champs last year in the Rams and they ended up sucking.

Great point.  Last year the AFC West was supposed to be a blood bath and most of us bought in thinking Broncos, Raiders, and Bolts were ready to beat up on the Chiefs.  Instead the division race was over by week 6.  Bills fans know that super bowls and playoff berths aren't won on paper or in the offseason.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

12-5 seems like a good projection. I like the Bills flying under the radar this season. I think offensively they are way better. Much stronger along the interior offensive line and Kincaid and the smaller adds at WR will make a difference. 

The team is also still strong defensively and on special teams so thinking they will not be above 10 wins just makes little sense to me.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

Buffalo Bills

I think the thing that helps is that the first half of the schedule is easy with the Raiders, Commanders, Patriots and Buccaneers all being easy games. The Jets, Dolphins, Jags, Giants and Broncos games are all winnable. It's not until we get into the brutal stretch starting with the second Jets games where I think the schedule gets worrisome. If we don't "Bills" things up in the games we "should" win. Then we should get to 12 wins easy

Edited by Buffalo03

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.