Corey Davis Retiring

KingBoots8

Man Aaron Rodgers is just driving away players.   My sources tell me Robert Saleh is so fed up with him he is thinking of resigning and joining the new kids on the block for that winter concert run through the last remaining malls in america's midwest.  

• Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

Clears 10mm of cap space for the Jets

Does it? Not sure about that. 

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Clears 10mm of cap space for the Jets

To me he was the second most dangerous receiver they had. Never played with a good QB. Kind of a sneaky big under the radar development to me. Possible big loss in NJ

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

To me he was the second most dangerous receiver they had. Never played with a good QB. Kind of a sneaky big under the radar development to me. Possible big loss in NJ

It does. His salary was not guaranteed for this year. The Jets are not on the hook for any of his salary. 

• Agree 1

First reaction was maybe this hurts them some, but now that I think about it, it likely helps them.

Retiring at 28, at this time of year, means either: he was playing like absolute poop and was facing a cut.

OR

He doesn't love the game anymore. Hard to picture that being the case if he was looking sharp out there.

Either of those scenarios and it's a bad contract that they just got out of. They lose some talent this year, but are better off next year with $$$

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

First reaction was maybe this hurts them some, but now that I think about it, it likely helps them.

Retiring at 28, at this time of year, means either: he was playing like absolute poop and was facing a cut.

OR

He doesn't love the game anymore. Hard to picture that being the case if he was looking sharp out there.

Either of those scenarios and it's a bad contract that they just got out of. They lose some talent this year, but are better off next year with $$$

So the Jets had a higher draft pick back when both teams needed a QB, turns out it didn't help them as many Bills fans feared.  

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

OR

His brother passed away not too long ago and I know he was struggling with that.  I always thought he was solid and seems like he could have caught on somewhere. 

but football, for as well as if pays, is a grind if your head isn’t in it. 

1 minute ago, Process said:

Wilson is a stud but they really have nothing else at WR or TE

Lazard is a solid number 2 and they have the ghost of Cobb. 

I think they are going to be a very balance team with their running game. 

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

His brother passed away not too long ago and I know he was struggling with that.  I always thought he was solid and seems like he could have caught on somewhere. 

Their O line is terrible.  Hasn't been good since Kevin Mawae and Nick Mangold retired.  Dwayne Brown is like 57 playing LT.  He was overrated when he was young.  And now just plain sucks.  And so does the fat boy Kelvin Beachum.  

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

It does. His salary was not guaranteed for this year. The Jets are not on the hook for any of his salary. 

So, did he “retire”, or was he just not going to make the team at that price? 

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Lazard is more of a middle of the road 3rd receiver to me. I thought the Jets way overpaid him to keep AR happy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Augie said:

So, did he “retire”, or was he just not going to make the team at that price? 

From what I have seen it's a true retirement. He's been away from the team for a bit and it was reported he was excused to deal with a personal matter. Sounds to me like the passing of his brother gave him a different set of priorities in life and/or just have him in a bad head space.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

People see that high draft pick and think well he’s a player. He was never that good. 
The Jets other than Wilson have quite a few questions on offense now. 
Alan Lazard as the number 2 kinda makes me chuckle for all the flack Gabe takes he’s light years better at number 2 than Lazard is. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

4 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

People see that high draft pick and think well he’s a player. He was never that good. 
The Jets other than Wilson have quite a few questions on offense now. 
Alan Lazard as the number 2 kinda makes me chuckle for all the flack Gabe takes he’s light years better at number 2 than Lazard is. 

While I don’t think Lazard is what you want as your secondary receiving option, he has a viable skill set which Rodgers can exploit especially when plays break down. He’s also one of the best blockers at the position which could lead to some big plays on the ground. Packers are going to miss him walking off defenders in the screen game and downfield on runs. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.