Beane to blame

balln

4 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Based on your posts, their are 31 teams every year that are "grossly mismanaged" because they didn't win the superbowl?  Brilliant logic.  

No. Not when they have a Josh Allen. Go cheer on this crap then bro - I’m not raining on your parade 

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Point by point:

1.  I am a believer that you win up front.   The Bills have not been in a position to draft a top end tackle because of the success they've had - most of those guys go in the top of the first round.  Brown had a tough outing yesterday from what I'm reading (haven't watched the game yet).  But you can't blame a GM for not being Nostradamus when you go out and get a veteran who's started in the league as competition, and he decides to retire.  So it was not a joke.  I think we're either going to see another T brought in this week, or we may see the Dutch kid get the start.  

2.  I am wondering if Dawkins may be suffering from long Covid effects myself.  If so, the medical staff needed to alert Beane.  But I think Dawkins will be OK.  we should prioritize drafting a T next year though.

3.  If Poyer leaves in free agency who do you have to replace him?  No one knew if Hamlin could or would play again.  And we hadn't even sniffed at Rapp yet.  Poyer will also be fine.  He may have lost a step, but veterans make up for that with their understanding of where plays are going.  So I am not panicking over one run in a pre-season game.  

4.  Without Oliver you would have had 1 DT under contract next year.  One.  Oliver will also be fine, everyone was expecting the second coming of Donald.

5.  Elam needs to learn zone concepts more and quit grabbing as much.  It is the beginning of his second season in the league and he's still got things to learn.   We have 4 corners that can play in the NFL which is more than many teams can say.

The game as we all know is always won and lost in the trenches.

Imo, the problem with the trenches that the Bills have presently stems from the beginning of this regime, they rarely have prioritized the Oline, in that they have not aggressively gone after noticeably above average to elite talent annually as would be expected in a pass first league, (giving credit, they did get a center and LT) the O line has been short of talent for the most part in both guard and RT positions every season of this regime. 

Our HC and GM evidently believe that the defense is more important than the offense, and it has shown most in the quality of acquisitions to the lines.

This off season the lights flickered enough in their minds that they where forced to start a better effort to fortify the O-line at the guard positions, hopefully this concept continues going forward. Unfortunately our LT came into camp unfit and over weight, our RT although a high RAS guy is not panning out thus far.  Now it appears that the interior O-line is the stronger part of the unit and it’s the OTs that are lacking, go figure, 

After having said all of this I am choosing to believe that last nights game was not a true indication of the teams abilities, time will tell. 🤞

GO BILLS!!!

• Agree 4

51 minutes ago, balln said:

I have given it a chance. 6 years of this coach. They get punched in the mouth more than they do the punching. They are a finesse passing O and a passive bend but don’t break D. Tre white may be healthy - buts he slow, old and past his prime. We will get to see them in the reg season and it’s not gonna be pretty 

I’ll remind you of that statement after the game. Other teams fans would kill a relative for our record the last 3 seasons since Josh got good. Be optimistic instead whining after a preseason game.

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

OMG this board is amazing. People are losing their minds over a game the starters should never have even played. 

Can we save the anxiety and negativity for real games???

I'm as big a McD and Beane skeptic as anyone but you need to judge them on real games not paper signings and fake preseason games.

I normally give zero credence to preseason.

but not when they looked that helpless on both sides. And especially when the first teams played the other teams 2s and still looked inept 

Just now, Eastport bills said:

I’ll remind you of that statement after the game. Other teams fans would kill a relative for our record the last 3 seasons since Josh got good. Be optimistic instead whining after a preseason game.

You want me be to be optimistic ? Why for you? You’re the child who’s seriously going to remind me after what? Every regular season win? Ok -go for it. Playoffs and Super Bowl win is all that matters

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, balln said:

but not when they looked that helpless on both sides. And especially when the first teams played the other teams 2s and still looked inept 

You want me be to be optimistic ? Why for you? You’re the child who’s seriously going to remind me after what? Every regular season win? Ok -go for it. Playoffs and Super Bowl win is all that matters

17 minutes ago, balln said:

You’re being the petulant child that has made looking good in the preseason when no one even game plans or uses blitz packages, the defining factor in your own self worth. Root for the Bengals if you need to. If the Bills are bad this season and Sean doesn’t win playoff games and at least gets to the conference title game, I’ll be right there calling for his ouster. This is just entertainment not life or death.

3 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Bernard is their only hope because Dodson/Klein/Spector aren’t the answer.  It isn’t encouraging that Bernard could not convincingly step ahead of Dodson in camp before his hamstring injury.

Maybe ge did but they aren't gonna just say Bernard won the position and then let the losers play the preseason games.  Yes the still want to put out good rape but who is gonna play  100% if they know they have no chance of winning the position on team.

4 hours ago, balln said:

Is anyone else thinking this team was grossly mismanaged by beane ?

The double down on Spencer brown with no depth or drafting (shell signing and retiring is a joke)

just saying yea Dion dawkins is the starter - giving no competition to that fat slug. The wing eating contest at practice thing during playoffs or end of season was a wtf moment. Go back and watch cincy playoff game. Dawkins was worse than spencer

everyone and their mother would have let an aging / battle injured safety just go in FA. But instead we sign him back. Poyer starts getting beat w speed more and more. Every kc game , and Mia game it’s glaring 

everyone and their mother would not have extended Ed Oliver . My god he’s a liability on most plays. 

The elam first round pick! Enough said. can’t get on the field 

the investments both high draft picks and FA signings to the DL with poor return 

HA! Beane to blame huh?

HELLO!??

Ive been pounding the table for over 2 years about McClappy. MCLAP IS THE CEO. BEANE IS LEGIT A PUPPET OF HIS.

Wake up folks. We are not going to WIN A TITLE WITH MCLAP! Period. The man is an average coach at best who’s wasting a generational talent at the main position.

I’ll continue to chirp this until he’s fired or proves me wrong (highly unlikely.)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

19 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

You’re being the petulant child that has made looking good in the preseason when no one even game plans or uses blitz packages, the defining factor in your own self worth. Root for the Bengals if you need to. If the Bills are bad this season and Sean doesn’t win playoff games and at least gets to the conference title game, I’ll be right there calling for his ouster. This is just entertainment not life or death.

Do the opposing teams also not gameplay or is it just the Bills who don’t?  I hear this Bills don’t game plan argument like they don’t and the other team does.

Its worse that when neither team game plans you get beat down like that.  You either are man to man worse or unprofessionally uninterested.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, balln said:

Is anyone else thinking this team was grossly mismanaged by beane ?

The double down on Spencer brown with no depth or drafting (shell signing and retiring is a joke)

just saying yea Dion dawkins is the starter - giving no competition to that fat slug. The wing eating contest at practice thing during playoffs or end of season was a wtf moment. Go back and watch cincy playoff game. Dawkins was worse than spencer

everyone and their mother would have let an aging / battle injured safety just go in FA. But instead we sign him back. Poyer starts getting beat w speed more and more. Every kc game , and Mia game it’s glaring 

everyone and their mother would not have extended Ed Oliver . My god he’s a liability on most plays. 

The elam first round pick! Enough said. can’t get on the field 

the investments both high draft picks and FA signings to the DL with poor return 

so the sky is falling?  Got it….

• Haha (+1) 1

Nope…

Unless Beane, McDermott or both put pressure on Pegula for early extensions… I blame Pegula…

Beane and McDermott weren’t going anywhere…

Extensions should have been offered after the Bills won an AFC Conference Championship or the Super Bowl.

Went to their heads… Wrong message for the team… Wrong message for the fans…

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.