Well that was an absolute crap fest - PostGame thread

Einstein

4 hours ago, ALLinALLEN said:

Highs: 

Kincaid, Allen, shorter, mcd’s new glasses

lows:

Oline, penalties (wtf was that), Dawkins, brown, Barkley (dead heat for qb 2 now), q1 defense, cook, Barkley tackling murray, oline again 

the sky is not falling. 

So pumped about McD’s new look…😉

56 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

You call under 2 yards per rush on 30+ carries outside of that one long TD "superior execution"?  You call 144 total pass yards even including that 25 yard TD superior execution?

I call that proof of a 1st quarter fluke.

Starters against starters, 1s vs 1s, I call the Steelers 2 TDs superior execution. You know exactly what I’m referencing. The same plays you called “flukes.”

4 hours ago, arcane said:

Bills fans are embarrassing and don't deserve the team they have. 

I mean that

He’s right though. This is a 6 win team and McD is finished here. He’s constantly talking about fundamentals and this is the team we get.

Lets just get it over with.

Edited by Governor
  • Eyeroll 1

13 minutes ago, Governor said:

He’s right though. This is a 6 win team and McD is finished here. He’s constantly talking about fundamentals and this is the team we get.

Lets just get it over with.

So if they win seven games, I assume that you’ll be out of here so we don’t have to see your ***** anymore, right?

• Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So if they win seven games, I assume that you’ll be out of here so we don’t have to see your ***** anymore, right?

Tre White is absolutely cooked. There’s nothing that bothers me more than fans that fall in love with bad/aging players. The original poster was spot on.

Don't get me started on Dawkins. He’s always sucked. I don’t even know why Poyer is still on the team. 

Kincaid looks promising.

Edited by Governor
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Governor said:

Tre White is absolutely cooked. There’s nothing that bothers me more than fans that fall in love with bad/aging players. The original poster was spot on.

Don't get me started on Dawkins. He’s always sucked. I don’t even know why Poyer is still on the team. 

Kincaid looks promising.

lol. Point to some plays where white has looked ‘cooked’ beyond the first couple games where he came back.

Dawkins has “always sucked”? Show me some metrics on that as well.

• Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Governor said:

Kincaid looks promising.

Tre White wasn't even targeted in this game I believe and by all accounts looks like his old self in training camp.  What are you talking about?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

I disagree with the first sentence a touch. The first two passes Allen dropped back he got hot feet and bailed out of a fairly decent pocket. I was disappointed in that 

His first pass was an 8 yard pass in the middle to Kincaid 

5 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Because he left the pocket early. Nothing had a chance to develop and no one broke open when he left. 

I watched the play again I’m sorry if that’s pass protection to you I don’t know what to tell you. 

4 hours ago, Old Coot said:

maybe but you can't see that from the 62 yd TD run. Poyer is pursuing laterally and he hesitates for a moment and that enables the RB to get by him on the outside. If he doesn't hesitate and contunues laterally the RB cuts back and takes it to the house behind Poyer.

He hesitated, the RB made a quick in out move and burned him. 

1 hour ago, Governor said:

Kincaid looks promising.

Most of the team is aging players. They have guys that been here a while they are scared to let go and other guys brought in because their draft picks ain’t making impact. 

Edited by BananaB
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I think that is a good example of a game where a few things go wrong in the beginning and it just spirals out of control after that. There are going to be games like that, sometimes. Luckily, this was the preseason.

Also, it takes superstars like Josh Allen to stop the spiral, and he is certainly capable of that. Even when everything is going wrong, he can still string plays together to make it a positive. Pretty incredible, and if this was a real game and he played the entire thing, I think he would have righted the ship and changed the momentum.

Also, it was clear to me that McDermott ran a more vanilla defense. Obviously, there was no game planning or in-game adjustments, etc. It's preseason. The two big issues are the penalties and the bad QB play behind Allen.

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

lol. Point to some plays where white has looked ‘cooked’ beyond the first couple games where he came back.

Dawkins has “always sucked”? Show me some metrics on that as well.

I do think Dawkins is a little overrated, and I think it is because fans enjoy his personality. He has some good games, but he also has bad games. Overall, he is an average player who can be streaky.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Governor said:

Kincaid looks promising.

So… Seven games right?

• Haha (+1) 1

For as good as the Bills typically play, ‘ya never know what yer gonna get’. When they pull that rare STINKER, I’d rather be between a paper mill and a cow pasture! Case in point, the last real game we played. Sometimes we lose on one specific blunder -think Lil Dirty failing to get out of bounds @ Miami or Allen fumbling the snap on our own 1 yd line vs Minny. Those, we can tolerate. But these games where we just fail to even take the field -like the Playoff game vs Cinci, or last evening- are totally alarming.

Down 2 scores early, they simply QUIT. WTF is THAT about??

😳🤔😡

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

For as good as the Bills typically play, ‘ya never know what yer gonna get’. When they pull that rare STINKER, I’d rather be between a paper mill and a cow pasture! Case in point, the last real game we played. Sometimes we lose on one specific blunder -think Lil Dirty failing to get out of bounds @ Miami or Allen fumbling the snap on our own 1 yd line vs Minny. Those, we can tolerate. But these games where we just fail to even take the field -like the Playoff game vs Cinci, or last evening- are totally alarming.

Down 2 scores early, they simply QUIT. WTF is THAT about??

😳🤔😡

It’s unusual for them to be blown out in pre-season. Yes, they lost something like 21-0 to the Panthers last year but I think that was with third stringers and those cut from the roster. Before that, any defeat was a close one. But there’s been at least one blow out in the regular season every year since McDermott arrived, up to last year, where it came in the play offs. Maybe this year it has come in pre-season. Why they seem to have this nightmare at least once a year is anyone’s guess.

8 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Penalties killed us

Even if we blew them out most importantly there were no injuries to starters or key depth guys.

Dawkins and Brown were awful.  Dawkins has been so average for years now

On the bright side, Davis and Kincaid could make doubling Diggs a problem.  

He is so slow, speed rushers have been going around him for years now. No speed and no flexibility.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.