Pardon My Take - Dion Dawkins interview

JoPoy88

2 minutes ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Just saying that he talks an all world game off the field but on the field he really is nothing more than an average NFL LT.

I would just like more from him on the field.

Average LTs don't play in multiple pro bowls. Only 4 go per season. Besides that, anyone who knows football can clearly see his total body of work shows he's above average. Elite? No. But definitely better than average. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

Average LTs don't play in multiple pro bowls. Only 4 go per season. Besides that, anyone who knows football can clearly see his total body of work shows he's above average. Elite? No. But definitely better than average. 

Ruben Brown loves the way you think.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Just saying that he talks an all world game off the field but on the field he really is nothing more than an average NFL LT.

He's been an above average blocking left tackle who's kept Josh's blind side mostly clean his whole career.  He's paid exactly what he's worth.  My only concern with him will always be keeping his fat butt in shape.

• Agree 4

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He's been an above average blocking left tackle who's kept Josh's blind side mostly clean his whole career.  He's paid exactly what he's worth.  My only concern with him will always be keeping his fat butt in shape.

We all saw what happened to his level of play during the Covid Plague.

• Eyeroll 4

He’s an exception to the rule in a lot of ways. He’s built like an old school guard but somehow functions at LT. Does not have a typical body for the position as he looks very out of shape. There are better but there are worse. He’s made a solid career for himself. 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

We all saw what happened to his level of play during the Covid Plague.

That's not what I meant as the guy was fighting for his life.  Ignoring the Covid year, his weight has always fluctuated more than most offensive tackles.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, StHustle said:

making the pro bowl doesn't mean what it used to mean

• Agree 3

4 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Yeah, I think he’s a little better than that. I don’t know that there are 10 left tackles in the league that I would take over him.

1 hour ago, Malazan said:

Until this place implements the you need 1000 posts before you can make your first post policy I have been advocating for.. we're gonna keep getting hit by spikes. 

GOD bless you and your openness.

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Do you think Ruben Brown was an average OG?

I think Ruben Brown was above average but certainly not elite as his 9 Pro Bowl appearances would suggest.

Ruben's high draft status (14th overall) for a Guard got him the annual Pro Bowl nomination rather than his play.

Do you think Ruben belongs in the Hall of Fame?

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

I think Ruben Brown was above average but certainly not elite as his 9 Pro Bowl appearances would suggest.

Ruben's high draft status (14th overall) for a Guard got him the annual Pro Bowl nomination rather than his play.

I don’t care about the pro-bowls, but Browns four second team all-pro seasons carry some weight. 

Pro Bowl is more a popularity contest than an indicator of ability. For example, Ray Nitschke had seven all pro seasons despite only making one pro bowl. They need to just kill the pro bowl and walk away from the abomination 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

No one is suggesting Dawkins is elite…. Yet you were the one comparing him to brown.  You’re the one that said he’s “he really is nothing more than an average NFL LT”.  But he is something more. Or is there really nothing in between an elite LT and an average LT?  I’ll answer that.  There is something in between and Dion is just that. 

No, I didn’t think Brown was elite.  No, I don’t think brown is a worthy of the HoF.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Hey we've already had our yearly Dion is fat thread.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Yep. He's been a very serviceable piece to the O-line for many years now. I don't believe he's elite at the position... Josh does help mask a lot of deficiencies on the O-line across the board. 

I am VERY worried that his play is going to fall off a cliff at some point, which would be a huge problem. I think we kind of take this position for granted, but when age catches up with him and he loses a step (or goes down with an injury), we're in trouble there. We already need the chipping back/TE or extra blocker on the right side with turnstile Brown. 

12 hours ago, StHustle said:

Not hating on Dion Dawkins, but Pro Bowl for linemen has been a joke for a long time.

Roger Saffold made the Pro Bowl last year. He also made it the previous year when he was horrible for the Titans.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.