Jets sense frustration from Aaron Rodgers after spotty practice

BillsFan619

9 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Sauce is very good, but slightly overrated because he does get away with a crazy amount of holding and PI. Baffling that it’s never called

Is it tho?

I’m expecting lots of favorable calls for the Jets. Rodgers debut, 9/11, offseason hype, knocking off a division rival? Sounds perfect for the NFL storyline 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Sauce is very good, but slightly overrated because he does get away with a crazy amount of holding and PI. Baffling that it’s never called

What’s baffling is no opposing Coach calls it out publicly. Personally, I’d be looking for every microphone I could find to complain about it. Put public pressure on the refs. 

Edited by CSBill
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, CSBill said:

What’s baffling is no opposing Coach calls it out publicly. Personally, I’d be looking for every microphone I could find to complain about it. Put put public pressure on the refs. 

I'd like to see McDermott somehow plant a seed with the NFL beforehand but I don't think he's the type to do that

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, CSBill said:

What’s baffling is no opposing Coach calls it out publicly. Personally, I’d be looking for every microphone I could find to complain about it. Put put public pressure on the refs. 

Then you would first get fined then eventually suspended for doing such a thing. Not allowed to publicly call out the refs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, CSBill said:

I could be mistaken, but I believe McDermott and other coaches have alluded to the NFL fining them for criticizing the refs.  At best, the coach will be fined, at worst, the coach will be fined AND the team will draw extra scrutiny from the league and from the refs.

I believe the teams ARE allowed to send film to the league and question certain observations, or to raise issues about a pattern they believe they observe.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Like the legion of boom, do it til it’s called and then keep doing it until they show they are willing to call it multiple times. 

51 minutes ago, CSBill said:

it’s a fine line before you end up catching extra judgement calls against you because you are disliked. 

look how the nfl treated the saints after Sean Payton repeatedly called them out. Highest differential in the league on PI and holding calls called for vs against for several years. Just drastically out of line.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I could be mistaken, but I believe McDermott and other coaches have alluded to the NFL fining them for criticizing the refs.  At best, the coach will be fined, at worst, the coach will be fined AND the team will draw extra scrutiny from the league and from the refs.

I believe the teams ARE allowed to send film to the league and question certain observations, or to raise issues about a pattern they believe they observe.

Right. There's a difference between calling out the refs by name and taking it up with the league (competition committee).

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Like the legion of boom, do it til it’s called and then keep doing it until they show they are willing to call it multiple times. 

it’s a fine line before you end up catching extra judgement calls against you because you are disliked. 

look how the nfl treated the saints after Sean Payton repeatedly called them out. Highest differential in the league on PI and holding calls called for vs against for several years. Just drastically out of line.

Another example: Jerry Hughes.  After he went into the tunnel just fuming and going off about the refs that one time, the word was soon out that you could grab Jerry Hughes with both hands (and probably your teeth, as long as you didn't leave marks) and it would make no difference.  No holding was ever called, no hands to the face, nothing.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Another example: Jerry Hughes.  After he went into the tunnel just fuming and going off about the refs that one time, the word was soon out that you could grab Jerry Hughes with both hands (and probably your teeth, as long as you didn't leave marks) and it would make no difference.  No holding was ever called, no hands to the face, nothing.

yup. You have to thread the needle of not being a pushover but not embarrassing anyone publicly either. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Then you would first get fined then eventually suspended for doing such a thing. Not allowed to publicly call out the refs.

irony of a pats fan posting this.  Have they needed to call out refs?

3 hours ago, NoSaint said:

yup. You have to thread the needle of not being a pushover but not embarrassing anyone publicly either. 

exactly.  Something like, “he is a great young player, but he tends to get over grabby, and sometimes he has gotten lucky, but eventually that catches up to you”.  

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

irony of a pats fan posting this.  Have they needed to call out refs?

Yes. Come out here and get the envelope with money.

IMO when zebra is deliberately ignoring calls the zebra becomes part of opposition and using zebra as shield forcing opposition to go thru zebra to tackle is valid strategy.  Same with comments like "Just give it to them" when ball carrier did not reach 1st down marker.  Owner needs to support team being vocal about it as Ralph was.

• Eyeroll 1

8 hours ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

exactly. Sauce is the young CB media darling, that's why.

The funny thing about sauce Gardener every time I watch a clip of him he’s holding and nobody’s talking about it. It makes me question my own eyes why are not people saying that he’s getting Handsy

Meanwhile, people are losing their ***** at Khair Elam for doing the exact same damn thing

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, CSBill said:

What’s baffling is no opposing Coach calls it out publicly. Personally, I’d be looking for every microphone I could find to complain about it. Put public pressure on the refs. 

If you feel they are doing a bad job, would putting more pressure on them really make them perform better? There is a metric ton of accountability for the officials. I officiated at the D3 level and even there, the amount of film reviews and critiques with your position supervisor was mind blowing. I can't imagine the hours and critique the NFL officials get for every little move. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption

15 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Is it tho?

I’m expecting lots of favorable calls for the Jets. Rodgers debut, 9/11, offseason hype, knocking off a division rival? Sounds perfect for the NFL storyline 

ya this scares me.. 

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

The funny thing about sauce Gardener every time I watch a clip of him he’s holding and nobody’s talking about it. It makes me question my own eyes why are not people saying that he’s getting Handsy

Meanwhile, people are losing their ***** at Khair Elam for doing the exact same damn thing

It's sooo frustrating,  very similar plays too. Hope they keep it fair 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.