Training Camp 7/30 9:45am

The Wiz

9 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

Man that play was just so funny 😁 Allen came off the sideline to run with poona and I think when they got into the endzone Allen ripped him a little 🤣 you could see them laphing.

How can't you love this team and the environment around it

Yeah, hearing this makes me very happy because I've always felt this team plays better when they are having fun and being loose.  Haven't seen as much of that end of last year and start of this year.  Hoping the fun bunch is back.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

There were no bigger needs than offensive weapon and oline and Beane addressed both in the first two rounds. MLB was never a huge “need” for them and that showed during the draft. Just because some fans thought it was didn’t make it a reality. They never pulled the wool over anyones eyes when they kept saying they liked what they already had in house. 

I respectfully disagree.  If there were a stud RT available that we could slot on day 1, I think that could be more important than an offensive weapon.  

Giving Josh a full extra second to process and throw makes everyone better.  Not to mention adding a run game. 

Could Brown pan out? Sure.  But look at what Hurts and the eagles did with that offensive line.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, jkeerie said:

I know for certain it wasn't Bates.  Wasn't it Greg Mancz?

Like I said I know the Bates went to the bench in the 3rd quarter because he was diagnosed with heat exhaustion 😩. And we were down to working wounded on the o line. It was van  or mancz I know that shaffield was playing with 1,arm

1 minute ago, scuba guy said:

Like I said I know the Bates went to the bench in the 3rd quarter because he was diagnosed with heat exhaustion 😩. And we were down to working wounded on the o line. It was van  or mancz I know that shaffield was playing with 1,arm

I just remember that right before the fumble, the color man on the broadcast was talking about "butt sweat" on the ball being a problem.  :)

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I’ve been hard on Gabe after last year.  Oh my God if he can pick it up this year.

Joe Marino had a great piece on Gabe Davis. Basically since college he hasn't statistically been targeted much on shorter routes. The thought is it's because hes bettery at separating and stacking down field with his build up speed as opposed to quick twitch on shorter routes. IMO with the addition of Kincaid it makes him the perfect complement boundry receiver to keep the safeties high. Might never been a volume reception receiver but can get him at the right price and can be the perfect #2 boundry reciever for this offense long term.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, Virgil said:

I respectfully disagree.  If there were a stud RT available that we could slot on day 1, I think that could be more important than an offensive weapon.  

Giving Josh a full extra second to process and throw makes everyone better.  Not to mention adding a run game. 

Could Brown pan out? Sure.  But look at what Hurts and the eagles did with that offensive line.  

The only OT picked around that area was Anton Harrison at 27 (the next OT went early 3rd).  I'm not sure he's even starting.

• Like (+1) 2

Davis just needs to get back to that 3rd or 4th option and he will be fine. The problem last year was his target workload was too high. He was more efficient when the slot had a healthy dose of targets, and we had guys like Sanders and Brown who could at least fill in on the outside for some snaps. 

A lot is riding on Kincaid being a high target receiver in the slot. Or Harty having a career year. 

The thing that sucks is that if Davis does go back to having an efficient year as our #2 starting outside receiver and 3rd or 4th in targets he will likely attract bidders in FA making him too expensive for the Bills to keep. 

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I’ve been hard on Gabe after last year.  Oh my God if he can pick it up this year.

He needs to get his catch percentage up in the high 50's / low 60's. 

He's a deep threat, his catch percentage is always going to lower that underneath guys like JuJu and Jakobi Meyers. 

DK Metcalf, who yes is bigger, stronger and faster has alternated between high 50's and low 60's over the last 4 years.

Gabe dropped from a mid-50's guy to a 50% catch guy last year while dealing with a lot of #1 CB's in coverage while teams doubled Diggs with a safety and the #2 cb.

I'm not sold on the idea that performance levels are set in stone by some innate qualities.

This is a big year for him, and he needs to step up his game and catch more of his targets. 

We shall see if it happens. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

We should get t-shirts made up and form a club.

I drafted Kincaid above Johnson while LA Chargers in Virgil's mock draft, so I sort of qualify.  

Edited by CNYfan
No longer San Diego
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I don't really bet. As an academic and a poet, I don't have cash to play with. But if I did, I think I'd put some down on Spector as an interesting speculation at MLB.

I claimed that Spector would be our Mike months ago and people questioned it. I’m not saying he’ll be there week 1 but by mid season I think he’s the guy. 

Clemson and preseason last year he was all around the ball all the time. Seems to always be in position. Not athletic but just a football player. It’s something McDermott appreciates 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.