Sean Payton not a fan of the Jets off-season

The 9 Isles

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

I could be wrong but that doesn't look like Sean Payton to me.

And this is what sucks about social media (see what I did there? lol).  Some dude named Joe Bagwell whose profile says he's from Taiwan, joined in twitter in 2016, and has 15 (fifteen) followers (!!!!) posts something and calls it Sean Payton, then some Jets fan picks it up and next it'll be all over the blogoverse.

Looks legit to me (not)

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

I could be wrong but that doesn't look like Sean Payton to me.

And this is what sucks about social media (see what I did there? lol).  Some dude named Joe Bagwell whose profile says he's from Taiwan, joined in twitter in 2016, and has 15 (fifteen) followers (!!!!) posts something and calls it Sean Payton, then some Jets fan picks it up and next it'll be all over the blogoverse.

Looks legit to me (not)

You might be right. 

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

My, this one is full of himself.  The 'Nextmanup' of the NFL coaching ranks. 😇

Well, Yeah.

All HC have egos.  As Darryl Talley said about players, "if you don't have an ego, you don't belong on the field".

Even more so for the HC.  Right or wrong, he's gotta believe in himself and his "process" or he doesn't belong in charge.

Sean Payton was HC of the New Orleans Saints for 16 years.  By now his ego has had time to reach full maturity and be ready for harvest.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the Jets implode, crash, and burn. That said, I don't see it happening. Too much talent on both sides of the ball. They could finish any position in the division, but even if they finish last I see them taking down a bunch of contenders with that squad.

44 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the Jets implode, crash, and burn. That said, I don't see it happening. Too much talent on both sides of the ball. They could finish any position in the division, but even if they finish last I see them taking down a bunch of contenders with that squad.

Plus, Hackett may have been a disaster as a HC in Denver, but apparently Aaron Rodgers got on with him well in GB so....

3 hours ago, The 9 Isles said:

“It doesn’t happen often where an NFL team or organization gets embarrassed,” Payton told Bell. “And that happened here. Part of it was their own fault, relative to spending so much ***** time trying to win the offseason — the P.R., the pomp and circumstance, marching people around and all this stuff.”

That won’t happen this year. Payton is taking a page from the Costanza playbook for 2023.

“Everything I heard about last season, we’re doing the opposite,” Payton said.

In explaining the decision to just focus on the work, Payton took a backhanded shot at Hackett’s new team in New York.

“We’re not doing any of that,” Payton said. “The Jets did that this year. You watch. Hard Knocks, all of it. I can see it coming.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/sean-payton-nathaniel-hacketts-performance-in-2022-might-have-been-among-the-worst-ever

This confirms my belief that Saint Doug and Nate Hackett DESTROYED the career of EJ Manuel

29 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Plus, Hackett may have been a disaster as a HC in Denver, but apparently Aaron Rodgers got on with him well in GB so....

Yeah, as drinking buddies. 

4 hours ago, nucci said:

Thinking he should worry more about his team and below average QB

Hackett was and is a train wreck but Sean may be in for a rude awakening to find Russ might be washed?

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

That's because Aaron has already admitted he calls the plays in the huddle.  And Hackett is fine with it.  Rodgers will be the OC this season. 

1 hour ago, LeviF said:

Yeah, as drinking buddies. 

I mean, the Packers went 13-3 for 3 successive years with Hacket as OC

Rodgers had 2 successive 1st team all-pro and league MVP

If drinking together produced that, I'm sure the fans of New York will be lining up to provide them with beer

43 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

That's because Aaron has already admitted he calls the plays in the huddle.  And Hackett is fine with it.  Rodgers will be the OC this season. 

I think there just may be a little bit more to being an OC than whoever is calling the plays in the huddle.

Just maybe

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.