Josh Jacobs is Leaving Las Vegas

BuffaloBillyG

1 minute ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

So because he didn't sign the tender, he's not eligible for those 50k per day fines right? But also if he gets hurt he's *****. He better be careful with his off field activities

That is correct. He can't be fined as he isn't technically under contract. And yes, Mr. Jacobs needs to avoid any time on jet skis for the foreseeable future.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

While Barkley has been talked about a ton it feels like the NFL rushing leader from last year being in the same situation has slipped through the cracks a bit. 

6 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

There's a song?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

So because he didn't sign the tender, he's not eligible for those 50k per day fines right? But also if he gets hurt he's *****. He better be careful with his off field activities

Dude better stay off jet skis. 

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Has anyone suggested we trade Gave Davis for him yet?

I think Beane should call the raiders and ask them what they would want in compensation for a trade. I think Jacobs would make Allen’s life a lot easier, especially if the coaching staff is telling him to settle down on running the ball himself. Murray and Harris are nice but are not consistent starters. And I’m not a fan of Cook until he proves differently 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

49 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Has anyone suggested we trade Gave Davis for him yet?

That would be a bad move . How many touches would Jacobs take away from Harris and Cook? That's not an efficient use of RBs.

And how much better would the production really be? Then you have even more questions at WR. 

All this assumes the Bills could trade for him and pay him what he wants.

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

Yep, if he shows up for the first week, they have to pay him.

But the Raiders can also rescind the tag anytime before he would sign.  I highly doubt he would do that, but given the RB market right now, the franchise tag is a decent amount of money comparatively.  Once he signs, the contract is guaranteed, but he also would be subject to fines.

1 minute ago, Herb Nightly said:

That would be a bad move . How many touches would Jacobs take away from Harris and Cook? That's not an efficient use of RBs.

And how much better would the production really be? Then you have even more questions at WR. 

All this assumes the Bills could trade for him and pay him what he wants.

At that point, it would be Cook and Harris taking touches from Jacobs.  Jacobs is far and away better than either of them.  

But either way, I doubt a trade like that happens anyway.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, cle23 said:

At that point, it would be Cook and Harris taking touches from Jacobs.  Jacobs is far and away better than either of them.  

But either way, I doubt a trade like that happens anyway.

Agree with this 110%.  A pipe dream at best.  Sign the tender and make MUCHO bucks......play for another team at vet minimum??  Not saying he wouldn't get more but the Tag is gonna be the most $$$.  And players looking for new teams go for the Moolah!!  As they should....

4 hours ago, TheElectricCompany72 said:

I think Beane should call the raiders and ask them what they would want in compensation for a trade. I think Jacobs would make Allen’s life a lot easier, especially if the coaching staff is telling him to settle down on running the ball himself. Murray and Harris are nice but are not consistent starters. And I’m not a fan of Cook until he proves differently 

Yeah - leading the league in yards per carry does warrant having to prove yourself. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.