Vivek Ramaswamy for president 2024?

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

There is just too much to question.  

They’re also promoting him bc he’s there for Trump to take votes from DeSantis.  Vivek (never attacked by Trump) will be Trump’s press secretary in an administration that’s never going to happen.

Wish it weren’t the case….but I live I reality.  

Vivek is either the greatest super villain that democracy has ever known, by being used as a “plant” to subvert MAGA and the Republican primary, or he is the best and brightest hope for the future of the party…

Either way, both things cannot be true…

Edited by JaCrispy

I can appreciate Vivek in this race if Trump was out of the picture and he wasn’t simply a shadow candidate for Trump’s campaign. 

He certainly flips positions like most politicians do, and he’s definitely a flame throwing version of Obama, but he also has some unique ideas .. and his opposition to the war in Ukraine is needed on that debate stage. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

I can appreciate Vivek in this race if Trump was out of the picture and he wasn’t simply a shadow candidate for Trump’s campaign. 

He certainly flips positions like most politicians do, and he’s definitely a flame throwing version of Obama, but he also has some unique ideas .. and his opposition to the war in Ukraine is needed on that debate stage. 

Nah….he is just an punk with no actual ideas….just crap that people like Bman think is cool…

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

TRUTH:

To one of his last points, the original vision of the Founding Fathers was not one where they believed that the common citizen could be trusted with self-governance.  They believed that those with the greatest stake in the country were naturally the best ones to lead it, since they had the most to lose if the country was poorly governed.  Governance certainly couldn't be left in the hands of the uneducated.  Or the landless... or women... or blacks....

One of the most common lines you will hear on the right when defending a Republican-led Senate that represents far less than half of the population is "America is not a democracy; it is a federal republic."  

The flip-flop of that ideal goes against the grain of the Republican party and appeals directly to populist sentiment on the right.  The unawareness of this hypocrisy is hilarious.

Edited by Capco

2 hours ago, Capco said:

To one of his last points, the original vision of the Founding Fathers was not one where they believed that the common citizen could be trusted with self-governance.  They believed that those with the greatest stake in the country were naturally the best ones to lead it, since they had the most to lose if the country was poorly governed.  Governance certainly couldn't be left in the hands of the uneducated.  Or the landless... or women... or blacks....

One of the most common lines you will hear on the right when defending a Republican-led Senate that represents far less than half of the population is "America is not a democracy; it is a federal republic."  

The flip-flop of that ideal goes against the grain of the Republican party and appeals directly to populist sentiment on the right.  The unawareness of this hypocrisy is hilarious.

Dems make up less than half the population as well.  On the order of the percentage of Republicans. 

Why hasn’t anyone asked him about the job DeSantis has done as Governor?

Considering he’s done everything at the state level Vivek is talking about it, I think it would make sense to ask that.  

Edited by Big Blitz

On 8/26/2023 at 8:14 AM, B-Man said:

TRUTH:

This screams “hey Maga, I’m talking to you”

That is the dilemma that the republican party really is under right now they have to countdown to Trump supporters, begging for their vote

On 8/26/2023 at 2:58 PM, Doc said:

Dems make up less than half the population as well.  On the order of the percentage of Republicans. 

this is true. That’s why the independence are always so important in every election

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

This screams “hey Maga, I’m talking to you”

That is the dilemma that the republican party really is under right now they have to countdown to Trump supporters, begging for their vote

this is true. That’s why the independence are always so important in every election

But where is Vivek wrong in this statement?

Give me something that I can be persuaded by instead the accusation that Vivek is just trying to throw red meat to MAGA…

The question should be, is his statement factual or not?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Give me something that I can be persuaded by instead the accusation that Vivek is just trying to throw red meat to MAGA…

Please don't waste your vote... You know what needs to be done 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/08/25/vivek-ramaswamy-overconfident-simplistic-solutions/

George Will may be 80, but he can still write - he nails it here: a loudmouth fool.

Ostentatiously confident, he advertised his intention to skip normal preparation for the first Republican debate. Then The Post informed him about a photo of him in a suit, standing at a lectern, flanked by two others, also at lecterns, which looked like normal prep. He said he “reluctantly” tried prep; his campaign spokeswoman said he “experimented with” prep.

The problem of unsustainable Social Security and Medicare trajectories? Simple, says Ramaswamy: Just achieve sustained 5 percent economic growth, and the problem will disappear. (Average annual economic growth from 1947 to 2022 was 3.1 percent, according to Cato Institute fiscal analyst Norbert Michel; only once was it more than 5 percent for three consecutive years.)

The problem of China’s threat to Taiwan? Not a problem, Ramaswamy says, if we dare to embrace ruthlessness: “Xi Jinping should not mess with Taiwan” — until 2029. Ramaswamy says that at the end of his first term, the United States would have “semiconductor independence” and no further use for Taiwan. Announcing a date when Xi can launch a risk-free invasion of Taiwan is one way to reduce uncertainties.

• Eyeroll 1

48 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

There is absolutely not a two-tiered justice system whenever it comes to Donald Trump. He is being given more lenient in these proceedings then he should.

And acting like a president should be above the law when accused of crimes this isn’t an impeachment these are actual criminal proceedings

Maybe Trump just shouldn’t have done that ***** that he did?

• Eyeroll 1

47 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Great example why No one trust CNN anymore.

Media creating a narrative.

Outside these stories of nazis on hiking trails. 

they are about as rare as a unicorn.

Edited by Chris farley

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Good thread. 

There is zero need for him to misrepresent about 200 years of American foreign policy just to say “we really screwed up after the Cold War.”

Yes and no Vivek.  

The problem is HERE.  In this country.  Yes China and Russia are their own different kind of threat to the U.S., but it doesn’t matter if half your population has already been subverted by cultural Maoists. 

It doesn’t matter when 1 political party can do almost whatever the hell it wants here including arresting it’s chief political rival.  

Every single political norm is gone - that became officially with the election of a very eloquent leftist in 2008 that accomplished and led absolutely nothing prior to running.  And continued in 2016 when America said “F it….I’m voting for the guy with the best and funniest memes.” 

And 2020 was a compete and total global coup by these threats right here at home.   With help from Wuhan.  

DC is lost.  I want an executive that knows exactly what he’s getting into and can spend the next EIGHT years salvaging it - if it can even be salvaged.   

And the Monroe Doctrine wasn’t some great foreign policy success or an extension of Washington’s foreign policy wishes via a quote from Jefferson who was at the time assuming office in the first transfer of power in this country’s history under pretty controversial circumstances that left both parties bitterly divided - it happened again 200 years later.  

And 1917 will tell you Vivek, that we didn’t always have it “right” up until after the Cold War.  Or that the Monroe Doctrine was some brilliant piece of American foreign policy.  It was violated by us and European powers numerous times.  And without Britain’s ok (kinda needed their navy to enforce any of it) there was no Monroe Doctrine.  Post Napoleonic Wars the French weren’t a threat to anyone.  Just ask Prussia.  And Spain had been dead long before Washington was even born.  

I like Vivek.  This just isn’t what we need nor is he even proven he’s capable of doing what needs to be done.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

Omg

Just the CIA setting up the next batch of Obama Youth.   

Who can still take the DC soap opera seriously anymore??  Any of it?  How???

How do you not see what tools we all our for these thugs.   

Democrats.  Almost all Democrats.  

They set up Obama to - the 2004 DNC convention speech was deliberately followed up by Tim Russert hooting and hollering “wow this guy can actually be president!!!”

So totally authentic.  All of it.  

What a joke we are.  

Edited by Big Blitz

7 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Omg

They set up Obama to - the 2004 DNC convention speech was deliberately followed up by Tim Russert hooting and hollering “wow this guy can actually be president!!!”

What a joke we are.  

cool.  don't vote...gotta say. I like this Hemlein guy.  Sort of a reality check for the righties.  But then he goes and supports desantis...

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

Saying stupid things at age 17 is pretty standard.

It doesn't necessarily eliminate a candidate for me.

IMO.

Pete AND Vivek at the same staged event designed as a town hall.  And Vivek has tweeted I think he was 18.  

But Vivek claims he never voted before….?  

This is getting absurd.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/28/2023 at 11:57 PM, Big Blitz said:

Omg

What a joke we are.  

they both went to Harvard around the same time.  This isn’t far fetched … the elites come from elite places

• Like (+1) 1