Dawson Knox, 10th Best TE in NFL

hondo in seattle

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

My guess is it is because he hasn't been properly healthy for two seasons now. He was constantly nicked up in 2021 and then the 2022 injury he was "1 week away" for about 5 weeks and then even when he did get back on the field at the end of the year was not moving anything like smoothly. 

I am open to the idea that a change if scenary, fresh S&C regime, and a good offseason and you could see the old Darren Waller again. But I also think it is possible his body is just breaking down and he has another injury hit year.

Bottom 3rd for sure. 

IMO, Waller's play last season was an effect of the Josh McDaniels syndrome. He just didn't seem like he wanted to perform/play for this coach.

13 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

ESPN polled a bunch of execs, coaches, and players and came up with this Top Ten list for TEs:

1.  Travis Kelce – Kansas City Chiefs

2.  George Kittle – San Francisco 49ers

3.  Mark Andrews – Baltimore Ravens

4.  Dallas Goedert – Philadelphia Eagles

5.  Darren Waller – Las Vegas Raiders

6.  T.J. Hockenson – Minnesota Vikings

7.  Kyle Pitts – Atlanta Falcons

8.  Evan Engram – New York Giants

9.  Pat Freiermuth – Pittsburgh Steelers

10. Dawson Knox – Buffalo Bills

I'm just a bit surprised to see Dawson squeak into the top ten.  

www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/best-tight-ends-in-nfl-ranked-by-executives-players-scouts-and-coaches-full-list-here/ar-AA1dOmSj?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=5c96caba93df4f4999185e02244fd04c&ei=38

top ten is essentially “very slightly above average” in this position group. I think that’s a good spot for him. 

14 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

ESPN polled a bunch of execs, coaches, and players and came up with this Top Ten list for TEs:

1.  Travis Kelce – Kansas City Chiefs

2.  George Kittle – San Francisco 49ers

3.  Mark Andrews – Baltimore Ravens

4.  Dallas Goedert – Philadelphia Eagles

5.  Darren Waller – Las Vegas Raiders

6.  T.J. Hockenson – Minnesota Vikings

7.  Kyle Pitts – Atlanta Falcons

8.  Evan Engram – New York Giants

9.  Pat Freiermuth – Pittsburgh Steelers

10. Dawson Knox – Buffalo Bills

I'm just a bit surprised to see Dawson squeak into the top ten.  

www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/best-tight-ends-in-nfl-ranked-by-executives-players-scouts-and-coaches-full-list-here/ar-AA1dOmSj?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=5c96caba93df4f4999185e02244fd04c&ei=38

How do you know that he "squeaked" his way in? Who is #11?

13 hours ago, Limeaid said:

QB throwing ball to TE factors into list. Move Dawson Knox to somewhere else, say New England, and his rating goes down.

Pitts would be pushing for #1 if JA17 was his QB.  Just think about it.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

thats a decent list imo

unfortunately the difference between 10-20 is not that big

True.

For a guy who gets around 31 yards per game, having people think Knox is the 10th best right end is something. If he was ranked 25th I wouldn’t be surprised either.

13 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

10th isnt bad, in my opinion.  He may be a couple of positions higher, as this list is subjective. 

Waller can't stay healthy, so I don't put much stock in him being on the list at all.

There will be a few risers this year as well.  I talked about it in another thread, but keep your eye on Chigoziem Okonkwo in Tennessee.  He is crazy talented!

10th best is actually amazing. I would have put him between 15-20.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

IMO, Waller's play last season was an effect of the Josh McDaniels syndrome. He just didn't seem like he wanted to perform/play for this coach.

What was the excuse in 2021?

14 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

True.

For a guy who gets around 31 yards per game, having people think Knox is the 10th best right end is something. If he was ranked 25th I wouldn’t be surprised either.

10th best is actually amazing. I would have put him between 15-20.

It is not. This was a ranking by people who watch the film. He can block, he gets open really well, he is good after the catch and the last 2 years his hands have been pretty good. The reason the #s are not more eye popping is down to the OCs and Allen. Where the Bills use him more - redzone. His production the past 2 years is that of a top 5 TE in the NFL.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

What was the excuse in 2021?

It is not. This was a ranking by people who watch the film. He can block, he gets open really well, he is good after the catch and the last 2 years his hands have been pretty good. The reason the #s are not more eye popping is down to the OCs and Allen. Where the Bills use him more - redzone. His production the past 2 years is that of a top 5 TE in the NFL.

Yeah. And the ranking great for him. Because as a Bills fan. Who watches every game. And knows a lot about the game. And has eyes that work.  I really think 10 for Knox is quite generous. 

2 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Yeah. And the ranking great for him. Because as a Bills fan. Who watches every game. And knows a lot about the game. And has eyes that work.  I really think 10 for Knox is quite generous. 

It is

People say oh he's got top physical abilities...yeah no kidding, he's a TE. They are all freak athletes

The reality is Knox runs pretty sloppy routes and doesn't have great hands. He's in the mix but top10 is being charitable and speaks more to the dearth of talent at the position.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

I took a crack at how the actual TE list should look, and unfortunately, I think this is very accurate. 

1. Kelce

2-10. Other guys that play TE

• Haha (+1) 2

14 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

After the top 3 it’s debatable. Knox would be too 4 easy if he didn’t have drops. Kincaid will be the best after this year. 

That would make Kincaid a top 5 player in the league.  Pretty good return for the 25th pick in the draft.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

It is

People say oh he's got top physical abilities...yeah no kidding, he's a TE. They are all freak athletes

The reality is Knox runs pretty sloppy routes and doesn't have great hands. He's in the mix but top10 is being charitable and speaks more to the dearth of talent at the position.

No. We have to think all Bills players are the best. And are always hated on.

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.