Why is Tyrod Taylor not more revered in the Bills fan base?

Nobody hates him. He was welcomed to the Bills and everyone was excited about his success.

It was also obvious he wasn't a Franchise QB.

He played for 9 years outside of Buffalo and never threw for 1,000 yards in a season for any other team.

Buffalo, however, loved him and made the most of his talents. He was fun to watch, but never good enough to be like the guy we currently have ... which is what you're always looking for. I'm glad we didn't settle with Tyrod for another 10 years instead of shooting to be a perennial top 5 offense like we are now.

• Like (+1) 4

He was a great stop gap, but his limits were ever apparent on the field.  He helped this franchise take one of the many steps to be who we are today. 

Great dude.  I liked him. But he clearly wasn’t the long term solution 

• Like (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Nobody hates him. He was welcomed to the Bills and everyone was excited about his success.

It was also obvious he wasn't a Franchise QB.

He played for 9 years outside of Buffalo and never threw for 1,000 yards in a season for any other team.

Buffalo, however, loved him and made the most of his talents. He was fun to watch, but never good enough to be like the guy we currently have ... which is what you're always looking for. I'm glad we didn't settle with Tyrod for another 10 years instead of shooting to be a perennial top 5 offense like we are now.

The only person who welcomed him, loved him, or was the least bit excited about him was Rex Ryan. 

Tyrod Taylor’s greatest accomplishment was somehow garnering a 3rd round pick from the idiot Browns. 

Pure trash. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

Tyrod didn't lose us many games, but he didn't win us many either.  He was often too cautious, especially in the passing game.  Granted, he didn't have a good set of receivers, but he was reluctant to try to throw to anybody either moving or not wide open.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I never ever understood the hate for Tyrod Taylor. He was a dynamic athlete that defenses had to properly game plan against and played a big role in breaking the 17 year drought. I think he is one of the better dual threats of all time and it’s cool seeing the contrast between TT and Allen as runners. Why is he not a bigger part of Bills’ lore? He got done what a **** load of previous QBs couldn’t. It’s not like Losman, Bledsoe, or Fitz didn’t have good defenses too. So I really don’t wanna hear how the defense alone propelled us there. It was also Tyrod’s legs and low turnover rate + big play ability as well. 

He did 2 things well and one partly .

Protect the ball

Run

Connect on the occasional deep shot

Else he was bad, very bad. The coaching and team managed around him to somehow make the playoffs but his stats, record and skills are far from revere-worthy

One of the best dual threats ever? Lmao

He was a great backup QB and a mediocre starter … who started hot and got more limited as they got film

and he played like a Backup … afraid to push the ball into any window … afraid to take a risk … he literally had 14 passing tds his last year here

Shady took us to the playoffs

• Like (+1) 3

Risk Averse.

So obviously.

Tyrod played like

(1) he decided in college to be a career NFL backup quarterback.  Look like you burn to start but, when you do, do Nothing to eff up the gravy train.  Do not hurt my body and do not hurt my stats.  Look and talk and act like a leader. 

(2) he did not love football. 

This is not to say he was not a man.  He had toughness.  But he never put the ball in harm's way.

I used to joke that, to Tyrod, the football was his newborn baby daughter.   He might consider handing it to you.  But to throw it ??!!  To Tyrod, there's 75 things that can go wrong from throwing, and only one good.

Because he was not more than average to below average in production/team success as a QB, just look at the playoff game he failed to create a TD in, it ain’t rocket surgery, he wasn’t good. 

Granted he had crap for a HC that as well destroyed a fully functioning defense during his tenure with the bills, none the less, the above holds. 

Edited by Don Otreply

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Taylor has a 5.7 yards per carry career stat line (same as Allen.)Cam Newton averages 5 even. Vick is 7. So I think that puts him on that list. 

Taylor did that for 3 seasons as a starter for his whole career.  5.7 is Daniel Jones level stuff—does he remind you of Vick and Newton as well?

come on. TT tan around a lot because he couldn’t go through progressions and took off as soon as he saw his first option was covered. 

Edited by Mr. WEO

Why is he not revered?  

How about, for starters, because he sucked?

He was literally afraid to throw the football, for fear of an INT....which in turn gave him a great statistic in that department (no turnovers), but you gotta throw the ball at some point!

His playoff game against Jacksonville with Blake Bortles at the helm in 2018 was THE WORST QUARTERBACKED PLAYOFF GAME I HAVE EVER SEEN.

We lost 10-3 in what was a HORRIFIC football game to watch.

So overjoyed when we moved on from the guy.  It was amazing to see how long he hung in there floating around the league though.  It's just incredible how long a bad QB can exist in this league.

Seemed like a nice enough guy on a personal level, but who cares about that!?

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.