The Bills losing four straight Super Bowls: Do you consider that to be bad?

The Bills losing four straight Super Bowls: Do you consider that to be bad?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Inspired by a response, just curious... the Bills losing four straight Super Bowls: Do you consider that to be bad?

Not a bad thing but just not something to really celebrate over the Buffalo Bandits or Buffalo Bisons championship or UB Bulls Bowl winning team for that matter. The bottom the Buffalo Bills lost all four Super Bowls. I was part of that in my college years with those good Buffalo Bills teams as a Bills fan and it was fun but you don’t celebrate a Bills team that loses. So I think about the 1994 Buffalo Stampede RHI Roller Hockey International Murphy Cup champions more than the four time losing Buffalo Bills because they won and the Buffalo Bills didn’t. So I would rather celebrate winners like the 1964 and 65 Buffalo Bills AFL champions that I wasn’t apart of but because they were champions. Some Buffalo fans will never understand what the heck I am talking about which is ok we can agree to disagree in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

3 hours ago, muppy said:

no matter what we all voted in this poll we all still are here total diehard Bills fans. The fellowship is priceless and that is not only not bad it is BADASS

4 AFC Championships in a row is GOOD. It is easier to look at it the other way for a lot of people I get it. but the non fans can shut their traps as far as Im concerned.

Those teams were damn good. 

great team that couldn’t close the deal is at best bittersweet. 

in The context of now, how excited are you to have the AFCE banner go up? Not super thrilled I’m guessing even if it’s an accomplishment 

it’s like having a great individual performance in a team loss - you recognize the feat, but it’s still got that feeling of an asterisk 

3 hours ago, NoSaint said:

great team that couldn’t close the deal is at best bittersweet. 

in The context of now, how excited are you to have the AFCE banner go up? Not super thrilled I’m guessing even if it’s an accomplishment 

it’s like having a great individual performance in a team loss - you recognize the feat, but it’s still got that feeling of an asterisk 

2nd Place is  First places *****

right?

*hint:  rhymes with witch

Yeah I hope for the best and celebrate when I can.  This team has given me gray hairs. But I refuse to live in a head space thinking my team needs that lombardi

or the whole fandom ride has been moot or worthless. I would strongly disagree.   SALUD. Go Bills.

Edited by muppy

16 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

it is just unfinished business and why we watch.  Give us 1 and we'll watch again for 2. 

also in my mind the Giants game should've been it.  Hopeful on the 3 that followed, but everyone knew Buffalo had the best team in the NFL.. happy to have a shot in the 3 succeeding

Edited by 1onemangang7

14 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I moved on from that, over a Generation ago.

It's a game, and an over hyped game.

Get the F**k over it, already.

Don't Blink.

It's not a matter of "getting over it" but historically if it is good or bad, nothing more.

Marv Levy’s coaching style pissed me off. “Treat these men like men” does not work when these men behave like frat boys.

Certain party boy players were rumored to have been out very late the night before the big game. Coaching is people management and it was not handled very well.

Meanwhile, on the field, their inability to stop the run made winning nearly impossible.

On 6/29/2023 at 4:44 PM, Chaos said:

I have a question.  Rather than struggling all of these years never actually winning the super bowl game, can the Bills be considered Super Bowl Champions, simply by identifying as such.  Could anyone stop the Bills from raising a Super Bowl Champions banner has part of the ceremony opening the new stadium? 

These days, you can “identify” as whatever you want.

Raising such a banner at the new stadium would make the Bills a laughingstock for a VERY long time. No way to overcome a gaffe like that.

1 hour ago, Poleshifter said:

These days, you can “identify” as whatever you want.

Raising such a banner at the new stadium would make the Bills a laughingstock for a VERY long time. No way to overcome a gaffe like that.

Honestly, we should just raise an "8-time super bowl champion" banner.  Our fan base wants us to be the best franchise ever.  Why should outdated NFL social conventions prevent us from having what we want. Also, it is ok if they laugh at us, as long as the respect our preferrered pronoun : "Champs".  

Justice for Bills Fans. Now. 

Edited by Chaos

If you look back objectively the only team the Bills were better than was the 1990 Giants. The AFC was soft. Bills D was small. Bills were a great regular season AFC team during that time. But they probably were the 4th or 5th best team in any given year with Dallas, Giants, 49ers, and Wahington all better teams. Heck even the Saints were good then too. 

Two plays can sum up the 1990 Bills. Bruce Smith just missing the strip sack and Kenneth Davis getting stood up at the goal line by Ken Norton Jr. Bills were unlucky(and outcoached) in 1990 and too small in the other 3.

Edited by Ethan in Cleveland

Voted bad. They should have won the first one EASILY but Marv got outcoached and should have adjusted quicker and the Giants got lucky.  Wide Right is still one of my worst moments in life.  Utter devastation.  The next 3 they lost in their heads before they even started. They were too tight and nervous.  What really burns me all these years later is that random luck would have had us win at least one of those or had some calamity befall the opposition and that never happened, except to us.  It was nice to win the Houston comeback and go to the 3rd one but looking  back it might have been better had they lost and broken the streak. Maybe if they go the next year vs Dallas they win it.

The greatest injustice in sports is that team not winning one but in the end you cannot blame anyone but the players. Those teams werent ripped off by refs, by bad coaching decisions or the other team cheating, they just didn't perform when they had to, and that is tragic.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.