Official (pre training camp) 2023-2024 Super Bowl Prediction thread-NFC opponent

TBBills Fan

Okay, we don't have much going on right now.  And it seems like every post we have the same few arguing....so this could be fun

So this is your chance to make your official Super Bowl prediction.  Since we are all (supposedly ) Bills fans, we are making our prediction of the NFC team we will be playing this year!  So, no arguing about that!  We are all going to assume (for this post) we are the AFC Representative 

I want to know who you THINK we will be facing in this years Super Bowl and i also want to know who you would LIKE to see us play in this years Super Bowl!

I'm going with the low hanging fruit and I think the Eagles run it back and we play them in the big game

I would like to see Dallas play us, so that our 1st SB Victory allows us to exercise the demons of our worst Super Bowl embarrassment!

Edited by TBBills Fan

I’ll throw a random guess out there. 
Jacksonville vs Detroit in the lowest rated bowl in a decade. 
AFC powerhouses beat each other up while Jax stays fresh and picks at the bones. 
Detroit beats up on an injury riddled and depleted NFC. 

Trevor Lawrence lands a ring and a sketchy Super Bowl mvp award that really should have gone to Travis Etienne. 
Script written 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

• TBBills Fan changed the title to Official (pre training camp) 2023-2024 Super Bowl Prediction thread-NFC opponent
1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

I’ll throw a random guess out there. 
AFC powerhouses beat each other up while Jax stays fresh and picks at the bones. 
Detroit beats up on an injury riddled and depleted NFC. 

Trevor Lawrence lands a ring and a sketchy Super Bowl mvp award that really should have gone to Travis Etienne. 
Script written 

The Jags are a team to watch. Everyone talks about the Chiefs (it's hard to repeat so I don't think it will be them) or the Bills, Bengals, Ravens, Jets, Fins. Jacksonville should win their division and they have a really good team, but they don't seem to be talked about by the so-called "experts" to represent the AFC.

• Agree 2

Just now, Gregg said:

The Jags are a team to watch. Everyone talks about the Chiefs (it's hard to repeat so I don't think it will be them) or the Bills, Bengals, Ravens, Jets, Fins. Jacksonville should win their division and they have a really good team, but they don't seem to be talked about by the so-called "experts" to represent the AFC.

They are a pretty deep team with tons of young talent that more than likely has not peaked yet. They’re gonna be in the hunt if they stay healthy 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/22/2023 at 2:07 PM, Rc2catch said:

Off-topic but related note - I'm not an NBA fan, so for years I've rooted for a Finals between Sacramento and Milwaukee just so I can read the reports of a bunch of network programming types throwing themselves off a freeway overpass.

Back on topic - My guess would be Bills/49ers.  My wish would be either Cowboys or Giants...and pound 'em both.

• Like (+1) 2

Still the Eagles. Elite offensive line, two really good WRs, really good TE, one of those systems where any RB will thrive, strong d line, aging but very strong secondary. Then a QB who I do think is overrated and can win a game single-handedly (or lose a game single-handedly) and fits the system perfectly. 

49ers are right there too. A lot of similarities to the Eagles but a lesser QB.

The Lions aren't ready yet and they'll have a harder schedule this year but they are going to be a pain for anyone to go against.

The Giants and Cowboys are on a path to be relevant for the next 8-10 years but never true contenders

On 6/22/2023 at 1:11 PM, Gregg said:

Yeah the Jags are an interesting team. They were only 9-8 last year but they played their best football late. I think Lawrence keeps ascending. Ridley could be a really good addition for that offense. The o-line isn't great though and the defense is still going to struggle to get off the field against the Bills, Bengals, and Chiefs. I don't think Jacksonville is a particularly difficult place to play but you'd still rather play the entire playoffs at home than go into Buffalo, Cincy, or KC. And the Jags have one of the weakest divisions in football so they're a legit threat for the 1 seed. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

I get the feeling most people read through every post. Whey even mention an AFC team when the guidelines were the Bills? 

I know, and thank you.  Whats a guy with a dream of top thread on TSW supposed to do but embrace it?

38 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

I get the feeling most people read through every post. Whey even mention an AFC team when the guidelines were the Bills? 

Not everyone reads through every post and some don't understand what they're reading.

Then there are those who don't follow rules, so guidelines are a lost cause.

• Haha (+1) 1

I think the Eagles are seemingly the most obvious choice and I think the 49ers are probably the second choice.  I don’t like the 49ers because Purdy is assumed to be a very good QB but IMO that is faaaaaaaaaar from certain.  Lance could be the the redeemer but is also far from certain.  I think it’s boring to just say Eagles in a walk so I think I’ll say the Lions challenge them and the Panthers make a surprise run…..but the Eagles prevail.

• Like (+1) 1

SF.  They were down 3 QB’s last year in. The NFCCG.  They have the best chance to beat the Iggles.  Eagles wouldn’t surprise me though.

I am confident we have a very good potential to be the AFC candidate.  As with anything, it all has to break our way, but that’s the case for all SB attendees.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.