Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

If PSE has million number of fans i am one of them πŸ™‹πŸ». if PSE has ten fans i am one of them. if PSE have only one fan and that is me πŸ™‹πŸΌπŸ™‹πŸ½πŸ™‹πŸΎ. if PSE has no fans, that means i am no more on the earth 😒. if world against the PSE, i am against the world βŒπŸŒβ˜„οΈ. i love #PSE till my last breath.. 😍 .. Die Hard fan of PSE πŸ€“πŸŒΉ. Hit Like If you Think PSE Best player & Smart In the world 🀠

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Β 

Then McD completely botched the press conference yesterday. Stress of the dual role and being on the warm seat already getting to him?

Β 

Β 

He's just not good at damage control.Β  Hopefully over time this works out and Sean doesn't have to deal with this....Beane would handle it better but the media would want to hear from the HC as well.Β  Even if Stef and Allen never never fully amend their relationship off the field, as long as they can co-exist on the field, that's all I care about.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If PSE has million number of fans i am one of them πŸ™‹πŸ». if PSE has ten fans i am one of them. if PSE have only one fan and that is me πŸ™‹πŸΌπŸ™‹πŸ½πŸ™‹πŸΎ. if PSE has no fans, that means i am no more on the earth 😒. if world against the PSE, i am against the world βŒπŸŒβ˜„οΈ. i love #PSE till my last breath.. 😍 .. Die Hard fan of PSE πŸ€“πŸŒΉ. Hit Like If you Think PSE Best player & Smart In the world 🀠

Lol que?

5 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Β 

Oh, so now he excused him from practice yesterday? Hilarious.

Β 

Sounds like Beane or Pegula put McDermott in his place for what he said yesterday and told him "you better fix it".

The P/R department got a hold of McDermott and apparently this is how they decided to handle it. Β That's hilarious as it's quite obviously a lie. Β I guess they assume their fanbase are a bunch of idiots.

Β 

Β 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Β 

He's just not good at damage control.Β  Hopefully over time this works out and Sean doesn't have to deal with this....Beane would handle it better but the media would want to hear from the HC as well.Β  Even if Stef and Allen never never fully amend their relationship off the field, as long as they can co-exist on the field, that's all I care about.

Β 

McD's EQ (tested) is one of his best qualities as a coach, but sometimes I think he is too sensitive for the NFL. I think he was still a little raw from the morning discussions with Stef and let himself get a little snippy by providing a short answer instead of taking the Belichick path and simply saying "no" and shutting it down, or explaining himself better like he did today "It's a concern when any player misses practice".

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Β 

Then McD completely botched the press conference yesterday. Stress of the dual role and being on the warm seat already getting to him?

Β 

Β 

I wouldn't say botched...any HC is going to be concerned when one of the most important players is not on the field for a mandatory event. Β I don't think there is anything McD did wrong, he was probably frustrated that what ever it was had not been handled so he could be on the field for this short mini camp yet. Β 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

If I had to speculate, Diggs has an issue with the coaching staff. Perhaps it is with Dorsey or the fact the WR coach got scapegoated. Either way seems like he wasn't satisfied with what McD was saying yesterday.Β  Maybe Diggs challenged McDs authority and they needed some time to cool down.Β 

Β 

Win game 1 and none of this matters.Β 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.