Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

Glad they are going through this in June, Diggs probably was concerned about Dorsey and the offense and maybe some other smaller issues. Get this stuff sorted out now because this team needs to limit the controllable distractions as they saw last year there is already enough that can go wrong in a season that is out of your control.

What was controllable last year that they didn't control?

24 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm assuming I'm not wearing a shirt with this right look right?

Well, I don't think you'd be looking a "shirt" in that case, probably more of a top, one with spaghetti straps.  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Unbelievable.  

If we don’t win he’s going to break everything on his way out.  

No pressure fellas.  

I mean what's McD supposed to say about a guy there was there in the morning before practice and then left without being at practice, apparently without him knowing what was going on?

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Well now per his agent he wants to know why McD said he’s very concerned about him not being there……but he was there……then he left……then the Coach didn’t cover for him……because who the heck knows what happened today.  

Edited by Big Blitz

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

I mean what's McD supposed to say about a guy there was there in the morning before practice and then left without being at practice, apparently without him knowing what was going on?

If you believe Diggs agent McD and Beane very much knew he wouldn’t be there and talked the day previous and in the morning. 

Odd situation all around. 

Just now, What a Tuel said:

I dont get the argument that Dorsey sucks. Its so crazy. Then again I feel like people also said Daboll sucked before he left. It just seems like people always think there is some unknown person thats better out there while we languish with Beane/McDermott/Dorsey. 

Oh yeah they did. I've been tempted to dig up comments on Daboll from game threads in 2021-2022. But you can just go read the game and post-game threads from the Jacksonville loss. 

5 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

I dont get the argument that Dorsey sucks. Its so crazy. Then again I feel like people also said Daboll sucked before he left. It just seems like people always think there is some unknown person thats better out there while we languish with Beane/McDermott/Dorsey. 

If the #2 offense in points and yards is languishing, what are those other 30 teams doing?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, MJS said:

I don't think we are going to ever truly find out what it is, because Diggs doesn't like to share specifics with the media, and obviously the team won't either.

He'll be back and acting like nothing happened and it was no big deal, or none of our business when he is asked about it in interviews.

Exactly as it should be, as well.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Exactly as it should be, as well.

Agreed it should’ve been kept internal I don’t think McDermott’s comments did any favors because it escalated from there. 

It’s starting to feel like this is a make or break season for this team and it’s only June

15 minutes ago, MJS said:

I don't think we are going to ever truly find out what it is, because Diggs doesn't like to share specifics with the media, and obviously the team won't either.

He'll be back and acting like nothing happened and it was no big deal, or none of our business when he is asked about it in interviews.

It’ll linger on now because every time he gets upset it’ll be newsworthy.

This one is going to be interesting. In the past he could say he just wants to win. But missing mandatory camp isn’t about winning.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

They didn't let Daboll go lol.  

Technically correct. But there is an argument to be made that the Bills made the same mistake the Falcons did in retaining Quinn and letting Shanahan walk.

It would have been a major coup, and not sure how the franchise would have weathered it. But after 13 seconds, firing McD and promoting Daboll is an interesting discussion.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

For some reason I just have a feeling that anything short of a Super Bowl appearance this season is going to bring things to a head with him, or the coaches or something. It won’t be good , Imagine getting bounced in another divisional round.. 

Give him a binky and tell him to relax. We are stuck with Diggs and we have to kowtow to him this year, but what an ass.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.