Bills Sign Leonard Floyd

JGMcD2

I'm very impressed with Beane's off-season moves. With little cap room to manoeuvre he seems to have improved the roster significantly where upgrades were needed. Proof will be in the pudding but all looks very good on paper. Now the coaches need to make it work. Pressure is on them.
Floyd is a good signing. Not only has he developed as a pass rusher but he's always been good against the run and if memory serves he's not bad in coverage either in a pinch.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

That would be true if Oliver was overpaid. But there's no particular reason to think that's so.

It'll depend on how he plays. And it's certainly possible that he underperforms. But to think that you know better than the people who saw him in practice every day, in the locker room every day, and had access to his exact medical situation based on the best experts in the business ... well, it's laughable.

You could turn out to be right. Being as sure as you show you are when saying this is just ridiculous.

The next time he is right will be the first time.  He is nothing but a troll. 

This is a great signing. I wish they didn't give an average DT $17M a year to clear space for it. Surely there were other ways.

3 minutes ago, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

What a great pick up. This is the best roster we've ever had on D. Under McDermott 

Agree, the D is loaded

26 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Wow! I totally forgot about the Poona Ford signing.  If the back end can hold up health-wise, this should be our best defensive roster under McDermott.

I agree - my ONLY worry is Tre White. I was never a big fan of his even when healthy. Always makes plays vs lower tier teams and never in a big game or moment. I hope he proves me wrong because if he plays wimpy again we will have a hard time covering teams like the Jets and Phins with sub par CB's. Elam should step up though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

20 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

I'm very impressed with Beane's off-season moves

Besides MLB, and unless age suddenly catches up to some players, he has improved an already impressive roster even more! I am impressed too. The two new guards should be the biggest upgrades.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

And Von is returning and several columnists and former players have Rousseau tagged for another big jump in 2023... Von, Gregory, Leonard, Boogie, AJE, Shaq. That's pretty impressive. They aren't all superstars, but there are no slouches in this group.

Also, I don't think Basham is the odd man out. Personally I think he has the edge over Epenesa. Has the edge. Get it? OK bad joke. Sorry.
Now for Brown, Davis, Williams (or Bernard) and Shakir to have big seasons and we literally are average or better at every position.

Edited by GreggTX

1 minute ago, Sestak4ever said:

This is a good signing. We have three non-mobile quarterbacks in our division which we face 2 times each during the year. Floyd on one side and Von on the other? Good luck!
-------
Rousseau is already a significantlybetter LDE than Floyd, but Floyd is a better edge rusher. I don't see Floyd taking many snaps away from Rousseau.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Beane continues to pile in the veteran players on bare minimum money. 

I don't like the Oliver extension, but getting one of the veteran pass rushers (Clark, Dunlap, Houston, Quinn, Ingram, Floyd) makes a lot of sense. 

He's crammed in about as many players as you can expect on $20M in cap space after all the restructures. 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

1 minute ago, Sestak4ever said:

This is a good signing. We have three non-mobile quarterbacks in our division which we face 2 times each during the year. Floyd on one side and Von on the other? Good luck!
-------
Rousseau is already a significantlybetter LDE than Floyd, but Floyd is a better edge rusher. I don't see Floyd taking many snaps away from Rousseau.

I could see Groot sliding inside on obvious passing downs with Miller and Floyd rushing off the edge. 

Floyd will also get plenty of work while Von is recovering, and probably even upon his return to keep him fresh. 

That said, I agree that Groot’s role only increases this year. He’s still on the rise. 

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

I'd guess one year $1.7 million but who knows as still not heard how much if any we got back in cap savings with the Oliver extension. 

Poona Ford signed for 2.25m. I would highly doubt Leonard Floyd at the Pass Rusher position signed for veteran minimum. His deal is probably heavily incentive laden though.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I'd guess one year $1.7 million but who knows as still not heard how much if any we got back in cap savings with the Oliver extension. 

$1.7M feels light. Are you thinking that's his actual value, or are you just basing that on our cap space?

I thought maybe $6-8M.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, TOboy said:

I could see Groot sliding inside on obvious passing downs with Miller and Floyd rushing off the edge. 

Floyd will also get plenty of work while Von is recovering, and probably even upon his return to keep him fresh. 

That said, I agree that Groot’s role only increases this year. He’s still on the rise. 

I think the Bills signed Floyd to slower Von's needing to be on the field in the early part of season or rush back from injury. Toss in once Von is healthy and have Lloyd around too then you can start moving Groot around on 3rd downs. Yet think Groot our starting Left DE on running downs. 

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

$1.7M feels light. Are you thinking that's his actual value, or are you just basing that on our cap space?

I thought maybe $6-8M.

Basing on cap space as again I don't know how much we have so the lower the better. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1