Brandon Beane Selling OP Home

Back2Buff

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

Beane put his house up for sale...at a ridiculous up charge of 650k.

Good luck to Mr.Beane trying to get 650k more than what he paid in this housing market at that high end of the market.  Only hope is another player or coach buys it.

Beane House

You obviously have not been paying too much attention to the housing market over the last few years!  Extremely typical kind of price increase.  Could even ask for and get more--especially as a Bills' house! But yes, these kinds of price increases do seem ridiculous, though most are getting their asking price or more.

Looks like an amazing place, a perfect house. 

Thinking of buying it myself as a nice little place to stay overnight when coming into town for a Bills' game. Going to a Coinstar machine today to start cashing in my change.

Edited by Mister Defense
  • Like (+1) 1

Beane put his house up for sale...at a ridiculous up charge of 650k.

Good luck to Mr.Beane trying to get 650k more than what he paid in this housing market at that high end of the market.  Only hope is another player or coach buys it.

Beane House

Typical OP mcmansion.  Brickface in front, than acres of vinyl siding on the rest all--gross.  10,000 feet and 4 bedrooms?  Good luck

59 minutes ago, Lost said:

Home prices in my area are are 200-300% of what they were pre covid so this doesn't seem unreasonable.   Congrats to everyone who keeps voting for inflation.

32 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

It's asset inflation. And insofar as price increases make housing unaffordable for people and drive up their mortgage payments, it's inflation. 

High interest rates do not lead to a sellers market....this markup on that house is nuts today.  Tough to get a  mortgage on it because it likely would be assessed at far lower.   Maybe he's hoping for a sap/player to pay cash.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

High interest rates do not lead to a sellers market....this markup on that house is nuts today.  Tough to get a  mortgage on it because it likely would be assessed at far lower.   Maybe he's hoping for a sap/player to pay cash.

In my area, for from NY, houses are appraising for more because we'll it costs more to replace them because all materials are inflated. Which I guess is just the new price at this point.

The buyer does have less buying power because of interest rates though. So the seller has a much smaller pool of qualified buyers.

Glad our property taxes are no where near as high as you guys.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

In my area, for from NY, houses are appraising for more because we'll it costs more to replace them because all materials are inflated. Which I guess is just the new price at this point.

^ this.  I received an estimate from a roofing contractor yesterday that was $10K higher than a bid from the same contractor in 2018.

Edited by Haslett_Stomp

1 hour ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

Why are we talking about this man's decision to sell his home?

Same reason we're talking about Josh Allen's Creamsicle suitcoat.

Peak off-season.

21 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I don't know about sellers and buyers markets, but we just had our house assessed for a HELOC and I blinked hard at the assessed value.  

Nuts.  Like 40% more than what I saw as an over-inflated property tax estimate.  I'm told it's because materials costs are driving up new property prices.

And oh, yeah, the HELOC mortgage rate is less than I'm earning on my savings account.  Go figure how that works.

So I dunno.

Wonder why Beane is selling?

Edited by Beck Water

1 hour ago, Saint Doug said:

He’s disgruntled. I expect him to stop following the Bills on Instagram next. 

Yup, he’s tired of McDermott with his special teams issues, and all those damn D-line acquisitions…,

In this area, high end homes have not seen a large increase.   For example, Beasley put his house on market for 1.5 million, and it sold for 1.2 million.

Property taxes are ridiculous in OP.  I can't even imagine what a 1.8 million would pay in taxes.  I know a 500k house is like 12k a year.  Probably looking at over 40k a year in property taxes at 1.8 million.

Refin's a much better app than Zillow. It lists actual property taxes paid... I have no idea if that's actually Bean's house, but that property has been paying around 35k per year in taxes. 

https://redf.in/l1gWqR

Guessing he probably wants to live elsewhere and work in New York even though he clearly has the money to do so. Unless it’s a pro athlete or someone with that kind of income not really that much of a market for high end homes in upstate New York with people leaving the state by the truckload. 

22 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I don't know about sellers and buyers markets, but we just had our house assessed for a HELOC and I blinked hard at the assessed value.  

Nuts.  Like 40% more than what I saw as an over-inflated property tax estimate.  I'm told it's because materials costs are driving up new property prices.

And oh, yeah, the HELOC mortgage rate is less than I'm earning on my savings account.  Go figure how that works.

So I dunno.

Wonder why Beane is selling?

It's nuts here in North Atlanta.  People are still paying over listing here.

My condo since January has grown like $50,000.  

9 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Refin's a much better app than Zillow. It lists actual property taxes paid... I have no idea if that's actually Bean's house, but that property has been paying around 35k per year in taxes. 

I'm assuming that the property taxes are not being calculated at 1.8 million.  Probably closer to what he paid which was about 1.2 million.  They would go up if someone dumbly pays 1.8 million.

Also, I don't think Redfin includes school taxes.  At least that is what I noticed when I looked at my house versus all the taxes I actually pay.

1 minute ago, Back2Buff said:

I'm assuming that the property taxes are not being calculated at 1.8 million.  Probably closer to what he paid which was about 1.2 million.  They would go up if someone dumbly pays 1.8 million.

Also, I don't think Redfin includes school taxes.  At least that is what I noticed when I looked at my house versus all the taxes I actually pay.

i'd assume that too.  i know in the rochester area, the rule was, (i'm not sure if this applies anymore) that for every million, you pay about 35k a year in taxes, depending on the suburb.  I do think it includes schools, as i checked mine, and it looked as if the school taxes were in there.  that's what you get hit with.

Property taxes are ridiculous in OP.  I can't even imagine what a 1.8 million would pay in taxes.  I know a 500k house is like 12k a year.  Probably looking at over 40k a year in property taxes at 1.8 million.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

For what it’s worth in Southern California that house would easily be $10,000,000. But our property taxes are capped at 1% so that means ‘only’ $100,000 in taxes. 

16 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

5 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Skimmed over the linked listing... it looks like the assessed value is only $570K and monthly property tax payments are $3200. Edit: Redfin has property taxes at $2900/month.

Edited by Sierra Foothills

7 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Current property taxes $34,944 based upon an assessed value of $570,000.  That assessment equates to a Full Market Value of $1,461,538

Edited by DasNootz
  • Like (+1) 1