Matt Araiza

SCBills

13 minutes ago, gjv said:

Just finished listening to Beane's press conference. I agree with Beane's argument to keep Miller active while the Dallas police do and complete their investigation. Like Beane said, "We don't want to rush to judgment". However, he and the Bills are coming across, to me, as being very disingenuous. I'm referring to the Matt Araiza situation. Unlike Miller. Araiza was never arrested. Also unlike Miller, the Bills rushed to judgment and released Araisa. For those of you who aren't aware, Matt Araisa was exonerated of all charges. From my perspective, I think the Bills owe Matt Araisa an apology and need to invite him back to try and make the team. 

I wrote a song called “The Situations are NOT the same,” would you like to hear it? 

You are also judging 2 situations from different points in the legal process. This is day 6(?) for Miller, Bills knew about MA situation for a while before he was released. 

5 minutes ago, gjv said:

Just finished listening to Beane's press conference. I agree with Beane's argument to keep Miller active while the Dallas police do and complete their investigation. Like Beane said, "We don't want to rush to judgment". However, he and the Bills are coming across, to me, as being very disingenuous. I'm referring to the Matt Araiza situation. Unlike Miller. Araiza was never arrested. Also unlike Miller, the Bills rushed to judgment and released Araisa. For those of you who aren't aware, Matt Araisa was exonerated of all charges. From my perspective, I think the Bills owe Matt Araisa an apology and need to invite him back to try and make the team. 

Some differences that matter greatly. 

Cutting a rookie punter that had not made the 53 has very little financial ramifications.  In Von's case, the ramifications are huge. 

With criminal and civil cases that were destined to wind their way through the entire 2022 season, it was clear the victim's lawyer was going to make it a media circus all the way.  That's nothing an NFL team wants to deal with.

We have no idea how Matt Araiza conducted himself when interviewed by the Bills' lawyers.  He may not have left a good impression.

In one case the alleged victim is recanting and in the other the alleged victim and her lawyer have not and the civil case goes on.

2 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I wrote a song called “The Situations are NOT the same,” would you like to hear it? 

You are also judging 2 situations from different points in the legal process. This is day 6(?) for Miller, Bills knew about MA situation for a while before he was released. 

Araiza was never arrested. 

Just now, TheyCallMeAndy said:

MA lied to the team about that night. That is why he was released. 

Bills owe him zero apologies. 

What's your source?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Von should be suspended today, and then they should find a way to get rid of him ASAP. The Buffalo Bills don't need a wife beater on the team. As I said in another thread:

That she called 911 and asked for the cops to come and help her is a stone cold fact, not an accusation. Of course, that call was recorded. Obviously, she feared for her safety, or maybe even her life.

That the initial cops on the scene (who got there shortly after she called 911) saw a woman in distress with visible bruises on her body is another stone fact.

Reportedly she made an audio or video recording of the incident. I have not seen the police report, but if that recording exists, then it's another stone cold fact of the situation (which may help or hurt VM; we don’t know yet).

The notion that she later recanted her story is not surprising AT ALL. She does not want Von to lose MILLIONS of dollars and/or be jailed, as then her life would be severely affected. DV victims do the recanting of violence from their abusers ALL THE TIME, especially when lots of $$$ is involved.

37 minutes ago, gjv said:

Read the last sentence of my post.

I can’t your thread got merged.  Some of us get suspended for this 

34 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Von should be suspended today, and then they should find a way to get rid of him ASAP. The Buffalo Bills don't need a wife beater on the team. As I said in another thread:

That she called 911 and asked for the cops to come and help her is a stone cold fact, not an accusation. Of course, that call was recorded. Obviously, she feared for her safety, or maybe even her life.

That the initial cops on the scene (who got there shortly after she called 911) saw a woman in distress with visible bruises on her body is another stone fact.

Reportedly she made an audio or video recording of the incident. I have not seen the police report, but if that recording exists, then it's another stone cold fact of the situation (which may help or hurt VM; we don’t know yet).

The notion that she later recanted her story is not surprising AT ALL. She does not want Von to lose MILLIONS of dollars and/or be jailed, as then her life would be severely affected. DV victims do the recanting of violence from their abusers ALL THE TIME, especially when lots of $$$ is involved.

So we’re calling the victim a liar now?

1 hour ago, Bob Jones said:

It also needs to be pointed out that no one has been able to confirm that she was the one who sent that text. 

2 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

It also needs to be pointed out that no one has been able to confirm that she was the one who sent that text. 

People who rush to judgement too often rush into egg on the face. I prefer to be fair to everyone and let’s figure it out what the facts are before having a firm or vocal opinion. Sometimes things turn out to be exactly what they looked like, but sometimes there is a lot more to learn. 

8 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

MA lied to the team about that night. That is why he was released. 

Bills owe him zero apologies. 

I don't think he lied from what I recall.  The two main reasons he was cut according to Tim Graham was Araiza's attorney lying publicly between the allegations surfacing and his release that other teams knew about the allegations before the draft.  Also (and the main reason), they needed a reliable punter that didn't have legal issues hanging over his head in a season where they had Super Bowl aspirations.  They're stuck with Von and his disastrous contract whereas they weren't stuck with Araiza besides the wasted investment of a sixth round pick.

11 hours ago, gjv said:

Matt Araiza won't be signed by anyone until the Civil Case happens and he wins it. No one will sign a Punter who has a legal case involving sexual assault, regardless of what the cops have said. The proof is in the pudding. Not only are we not touching him, not a single team in the NFL has gave him so much of a whiff, outside of the Jets giving him a simple tryout.

If you have (the former HBO) Max, watch the Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel episode they did with him and this story. Andrea Kramer talked to GM's across the league and most said he's untouchable because of the public perception, possible backlash, and the position he plays.

You may feel he deserves an apology and a second shot and you aren't alone in feeling that way. But the situation just is what it is. Even after he wins his case, his reputation is forever tarnished. However unjustly that fact is. And no one is willing to deal with even the remote chance of controversy when it comes to a Punter.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

• 1 month later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.