Was the trade up necessary? 🤔

StHustle

Was it worth us trading up in the first and losing our 4th round pick?  

345 members have voted

1. 1. Considering the players still available and what we gave up, was trading our 4th round pick worth moving up two slots to draft Dalton Kincaid?

• Yes, it WAS worth it!
    • No, it is NOT worth what we gave up!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2023 at 11:37 PM

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

Ok so Im like many of us Bills Mafians. I HATE the thought that we traded up unnecessarily for a pick Beane decided to make in earlier drafts. Welp here we are again, another draft, another trade up in the first. Some of Beane's previous trade ups were understandable while many others were highly questionable. FOR THIS SPECIFIC TRADE UP, do you feel Beane was completely justified? Even if you believe the Cowboys would have indeed selected Kincaid and for us to get him, trading up was necessary. If you dont feel the pick was worth the sacrifice, STILL VOTE NO. So my polling question here is, DO YOU FEEL THE TRADE UP IN THE FIRST ROUND OF THE 2023 DRAFT WAS WORTH IT? Put your current opinion on the matter on the record RIGHT NOW!

Obviously, you’re NOT like many ‘Bills Mafians’ at all. But Hey! You do you.

5 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

If they wanted Kincaid then yeah it was. Dallas was going to take him and was completely dumbfounded when we got ahead of them

Dan Patrick was hysterical this morning talking about the Dallas draft room. They seemed shocked and had a “what NOW?’ look about them. When they made the pick they all forced a polite clap, while holding back tears. 😂 

1 hour ago, 0017 said:

Worth it just for the look on the faces of jerry jones and crew😂Season 5 What GIF by The Office

I did not read through this thread yet but, did the actual photo of the war room in Dallas’s get posted? 

Also, isn’t the thread title and the poll question two different questions?

I’ll answer both, yes and yes

Edited by JDubya76

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Sorry if I didn’t get my point across correctly.  

i meant to say that he has great route running and movement ability.  Those 2 attributes + his elite ball skills are what sets him apart and a top 15 player in this draft imo. 

Daniel Jeremiah and Chris Simms agree with you, so you’re not in terrible company there. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Sorry if I didn’t get my point across correctly.  

i meant to say that he has great route running and movement ability.  Those 2 attributes + his elite ball skills are what sets him apart and a top 15 player in this draft imo. 

got ya! sorry if i misunderstood bro

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Obviously, you’re NOT like many ‘Bills Mafians’ at all. But Hey! You do you.

The poll is currently 166 to 14, so he’s not completely alone.   😋

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Augie said:

Dan Patrick was hysterical this morning talking about the Dallas draft room. They seemed shocked and had a “what NOW?’ look about them. When they made the pick they all forced a polite clap, while holding back tears. 😂 

Yeah it was hilarious lol

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

Ok so Im like many of us Bills Mafians. I HATE the thought that we traded up unnecessarily for a pick Beane decided to make in earlier drafts. Welp here we are again, another draft, another trade up in the first. Some of Beane's previous trade ups were understandable while many others were highly questionable. FOR THIS SPECIFIC TRADE UP, do you feel Beane was completely justified? Even if you believe the Cowboys would have indeed selected Kincaid and for us to get him, trading up was necessary. If you dont feel the pick was worth the sacrifice, STILL VOTE NO. So my polling question here is, DO YOU FEEL THE TRADE UP IN THE FIRST ROUND OF THE 2023 DRAFT WAS WORTH IT? Put your current opinion on the matter on the record RIGHT NOW!

Beane said it himself if Kinkaid was picked he would have traded back, he was clearly sticking out for them so he did what he felt was the right move. I love the bold move to get Allen another weapon and felt it was a solid move, I hate comparisons but if we just landed Travis Kelce at 25 do we really care about the 4th given away? I sure wont.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.