TSW Mock Draft 3.0 Poll - Who should the Bills take at #27

Virgil

Who should the Bills take at #27  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills take at #27

• Zay Flowers, WR, Boston Col
    • Bills trade Ed Oliver, Pick #27 to Cardinals for pick #34 and Hopkins’s (Cardinals pick up a lot contract money)
    • Trade Back

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/27/2023 at 12:00 AM

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

JOHN MICHAEL SCHMITZ

or the trade back with Arizona for DHOP, and can probably pick up JMS/Tippman/Wypler at 34.

Bills fans are nuts if they are voting Flowers. Another too-small Parrish/McKenzie.

I like that pick, and I agree with you on Flowers

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

We select Bresee at pick 34. Then take our O lineman in the second round 

Bresee might be there. He could go in the first. Hell, if we don't trade back we might take him at 27. Personally, if you make that trade, provided they are available, I'd rather go with Josh Downs or Darnell Washington or maybe even Matthew Bergeron. I'd wait for 59 to take the DT. It's a pretty good draft at the position.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Bresee might be there. He could go in the first. Hell, if we don't trade back we might take him at 27. Personally, if you make that trade, provided they are available, I'd rather go with Josh Downs or Darnell Washington or maybe even Matthew Bergeron. I'd wait for 59 to take the DT. It's a pretty good draft at the position.

Well, the question was if we make the trade and get DeAndre Hopkins that’s why I didn’t think they would go back to back wide receiver, but I would be very happy to have Josh downs and DeAndre Hopkins. That would be amazing.

1 minute ago, NeverOutNick said:

Well, the question was if we make the trade and get DeAndre Hopkins that’s why I didn’t think they would go back to back wide receiver, but I would be very happy to have Josh downs and DeAndre Hopkins. That would be amazing.

I understand. I've been floating the Downs idea because I think he'll be a great slot and we still have uncertainty at the position. All that is dependent on a fella like Hopkins, because though slot is uncertain, I think we need a big receiver that is better than Davis more. If the Hopkins Downs scenario were to happen, Davis might thrive as a WR4. Joe Marino thinks that is where his talent best matches up. I would consider trading him to recoup a draft pick if the pick were high enough.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, mrags said:

Seems like the majority would rather trade the pick instead of drafting flowers is all. Wonder would it would be if just 2 options 

Cross that bridge when we come to it.  I’m hoping it’s a clear cut answer 

25 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

But I suppose we have to get a Mike sometime in this draft, probably at the pick we get from Cardinals 

I wonder if the poll is a bit skewed just given it sounds like the trade details on the Hopkins trade originally were not as complete as they are now and that caused people to vote differently in the beginning.  

I am quite surprised Hopkins trade is not the leading vote getter right now, and I suspect that might be the cause.  

Just now, Visent said:

But I suppose we have to get a Mike sometime in this draft, probably at the pick we get from Cardinals 

I am one of those who is not concerned with LB. I don't see it as a major hole like many do. There are fellas like Myles Jack out there you could sign as a FA after the draft that would be a decent stop gap. Klein is capable as a role player. If I go D early, I'm much more inclined to go edge or DT. Obviously, folks who are anxious about it think there is urgency to address the need. This is a draft where I would mainly concentrate on strengthening the oline and adding weapons for Josh. 

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I wonder if the poll is a bit skewed just given it sounds like the trade details on the Hopkins trade originally were not as complete as they are now and that caused people to vote differently in the beginning.  

I am quite surprised Hopkins trade is not the leading vote getter right now, and I suspect that might be the cause.  

I agree. I also think Oliver added to the mix is a bit over what we’d need to get it done. I think Oliver and a 2nd or 3rd maybe trading for Hopkins and a 3rd or 4th. 

I think it’s more likely a trade back with Arizona and add in a 5th or later would do it. Maybe make it a 2024 pick that’s conditional 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Folks can change their votes whenever they want. And will likely need to again after Virgil whittles down the options.

It is interesting that there are 2 "trade" options and if combined, are the runaway winners. I hope we dont see that vote split and it go to Flowers if the majority actually want to trade back one way or another. Stop the steal.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dr. Who said:

I am one of those who is not concerned with LB. I don't see it as a major hole like many do. There are fellas like Myles Jack out there you could sign as a FA after the draft that would be a decent stop gap. Klein is capable as a role player. If I go D early, I'm much more inclined to go edge or DT. Obviously, folks who are anxious about it think there is urgency to address the need. This is a draft where I would mainly concentrate on strengthening the oline and adding weapons for Josh. 

I’m right there with you. As I think it’s a need I don’t know if it’s as big of a need as many are expecting. I think what they have could get them through the year if they really wanted. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

I agree. I also think Oliver added to the mix is a bit over what we’d need to get it done. I think Oliver and a 2nd or 3rd maybe trading for Hopkins and a 3rd or 4th. 

I think it’s more likely a trade back with Arizona and add in a 5th or later would do it. Maybe make it a 2024 pick that’s conditional 

Oliver seems like an overpay and it increases the need at DT. 

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Folks can change their votes whenever they want. And will likely need to again after Virgil whittles down the options.

It is interesting that there are 2 "trade" options and if combined, are the runaway winners. I hope we dont see that vote split and it go to Flowers if the majority actually want to trade back one way or another. Stop the steal.

That’s where I’m at. Would rather take either trade option over Flowers 

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It's like a third party candidate coming in and throwing the election to the party that is least like the others.

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

Oliver seems like an overpay and it increases the need at DT. 

I don't agree that LB is not a major hole on the team but I do agree that it does not need to be addressed in Round 1. Campbell in the 1st is an overpay, IMO. I don't like including Oliver in a Hopkins deal either but I believe the thinking there is that it's an attempt to make the money work on the Bills end.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I dont remember which mock it was, I just know I was pissed we skipped IOL, and then in the next one I saw you making the same complaints. Great minds, and all... :thumbsup:

I'm not so much in love with JMS specifically, as much as I am pressing to address a critical need that we have been ignoring the last 3 years. We are one head-slap away from Morse retiring mid-game.  He will miss time again this year. At this point of his career, it's pretty much a guarantee. We have to have our next Center ready, and I dont want to sabotage Josh even further by making him deal with jourenyman Centers for 3 seasons until we figure it out.

Tippman works for me, or even Luke Wypler who some have as the #1 Center (although he is much smaller than we usually like).

Not sold on Van Ness, at all. IMO, he is another Epenesa maybe worthy of a mid-late 2nd round pick. But that is this draft. Loaded with "2nd round" talent.

Nolan Smith, maybe. But he looks a little small to deal with NFL Tackles... :flirt:

epenesa and Van Ness?  Ehhhhhh.  I don’t see that at all.  Van Ness is an athletic physical specimen.  Epenesa was always a sloth.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Our other non-Diggs WR's are great supporting cast members but cannot take over a game if Diggs is doubled.  If we have a chance for DHop for 2-3 solid years, you take it.  He's still a nightmare to cover with the best hands in the game.  Dude has been on crap teams his whole career.....will elevate in our system. 

We become as dangerous as any offense in the league with DHop.  Send the picks.

This poll remains ambiguous to me. I would favor a swap of 34 and 27 for Hopkins. That is conceivably entailed in the more generic trade back. I think including Oliver is too much. 1) It increases our need at DT where we already probably need to draft one. 2) I don't think the Cards would want him. They are trying to shed cap, not just redistribute it for a one year rental. 3) I think there's a possibility the Bills like Oliver more than many here do. In any event, he has more value as a player this year for a team trying to win a SB than he would elsewhere.

In sum, I'm not keen on the specific option, but if the generic option is just a random trade back, I'll take a chance on Zay Flowers.

36 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’m right there with you. As I think it’s a need I don’t know if it’s as big of a need as many are expecting. I think what they have could get them through the year if they really wanted. 

38 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

My opinion on MLB is essentially this...

Either they are truly comfortable with the incumbents present and maybe draft late round competition, or the they are hiding their interest in Jack Campbell and taking him at 27. I think those are the two possible outcomes. If he is their guy, they aren't going to wait to see if he falls to round 2 or whatever. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.