Rodgers Traded to Jets Officially

Dablitzkrieg

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm totally on the fence about how this move makes me feel. I could see it making the Jets a really scary Super Bowl caliber team. I could also see it crashing and burning and leading to a total house cleaning at the end of the season. And anything in between.

No on the fence for me. Rodgers instantly puts the Jets in the discussion for winning the division and the Super Bowl. 

I believe on paper the Jets are a better team than the Bills. Their defense is outstanding. Breece Hall looked special and their WRs are young and good.  

Last year,  the difference was Allen vs the Jets poor QBs. Even the inept Zach Wikson made plays to beat the Bills. Now the QB situation is no longer a huge mismatch for the Jets. 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

No on the fence for me. Rodgers instantly puts the Jets in the discussion for winning the division and the Super Bowl. 

I believe on paper the Jets are a better team than the Bills. Their defense is outstanding. Breece Hall looked special and their WRs are young and good.  

Last year,  the difference was Allen vs the Jets poor QBs. Even the inept Zach Wikson made plays to beat the Bills. Now the QB situation is no longer a huge mismatch for the Jets. 

The amount of Super Bowls Aaron Rogers has been to since 2010 is the same as Josh Allen and that’s with home field advantage several times 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, stuvian said:

when you fall on your face with Mark Sanchez, Sam Darnold and Zach Wilson after running through Vinny Testaverde, Josh McCown and Ryan Fitzpatrick, this is the only move left.

Lol, that's the truth.  He's got them all beat before the ball is snapped. 

25 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I'll still take Allen over anyone but Mahomes and Burrow. 

Point being Allen hasn't made a Super Bowl appearance or hoisted a Lombardi Trophy. Obviously, it's not all on him. However, modern day football is all about the rings. As a result, the negativity will drift towards him rightly or wrongly so. 

I'll give you Mahomes because he's proven he can play at the highest level even when outside of TE he doesn't always have elite talent all around him. 

Burrow? He's been great no doubt, but look what he's got around him.

Give Josh 3 Pro Bowl caliber WRs, a very good RB and TE and a above average OL and see what happens. 

Look at what Hurts did when surrounded by elite talent. Parlayed that into the biggest contract of any QB currently. He's good but are you taking him over Josh?

The Bills will be doing Josh a huge disservice if they don't match the offensive talent of the other top teams because it's only getting harder from this point out. 2 years ago we only worried about the Chiefs. Now the Bengals have surpassed us and the Chargers, Miami and even the Jets are coming on fast.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

He will play as long as he is able to. He's a narcissist that demands his name be in the news. He uses retirement as leverage to make sure his name is always out there. 

The Jets swapped 13 and 15, and gave up a couple of seconds. Whats the big deal?

Just now, Bferra13 said:

I didnt say it's a big deal. I just said he doesn't retire after this year. Is there cap implications? Not sure.

I was referring to the tweets apocolypic pronouncement if he doesn't play for a long time.

43 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Last season the Bills finished ahead of the Jets in the East by SIX AND A HALF games.  And that was in spite of splitting their games with Buffalo.  So for the Jets to move past Buffalo Rogers will have to make up quite a bit of ground. 

So do you think the Jets will sweep the Bills?

How do you think the aging Rogers will deal with that train wreck of an O line the Jets will put in front of him?

The Jets WR's are young but their best guy isn't in the same class as Diggs.

That rookie RB was very good. But what makes you think he'll be close to 100% next season after the injury he had this season?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

The Jets swapped 13 and 15, and gave up a couple of seconds. Whats the big deal?

Random alert.  Can I just throw in, I would not want him as my QB. It’s for a year or two, or whatever he blesses us with. He’s a diva and I hope the NYC media devours his snide arse. 

I feel better. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

We're not talking about replacing some middle of the road QB like Andy Dalton with Aaron Rodgers. We are talking about taking maybe the worst QB room in football and bringing in a guy who was the MVP in 2020 and 2021. He doesn't have to be godlike to make them a lot better.

And Rogers is 40 years old and looking more like an aging Manning or Brees rather then Brady.  IMO we'll see a significant decline in Rogers play this year. It happens fast and in a couple of seasons you can easily go from an MVP to a below average QB.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.