What would make you want the Bills to Get Out of Round 1?

Wizard

For me in no particular player order:

If Darnell Wright, JSN of Ohio State, Bijan Robinson (the only 1st round quality back), or Jack Campbell are all not there, trade down!

If the Bills happen to have a top 15-20 player on their board that is not one of these guys, I will roll with that, but I would expect that player to be a starter in a position generally viewed as less of a hole/need.

What would make you want to trade down?  Who's off the board for ya at #27 where you want a trade down?

First, it would depend on just how far we’re moving down. I don’t wanna move down to like the middle of the second round.

Second, it would be what we were being compensated for to do the move

And third it’s how the draft board falls. If there are several players that are worth taking in a trade down scenario it just makes sense.

• Like (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

First, it would depend on just how far we’re moving down. I don’t wanna move down to like the middle of the second round.

Second, it would be what we were being compensated for to do the move

Based on DraftTek trade values, Buffalo would expect to gain a mid 3rd to a high 4th, assuming they also get their trade partner's next pick after 27. That's also assuming it follows the most common draft day trade-up recipe. But it could be more if some other team has a guy they really want at 27. 

1 hour ago, Wizard said:

For me in no particular player order:

If Darnell Wright, JSN of Ohio State, Bijan Robinson (the only 1st round quality back), or Jack Campbell are all not there, trade down!

If the Bills happen to have a top 15-20 player on their board that is not one of these guys, I will roll with that, but I would expect that player to be a starter in a position generally viewed as less of a hole/need.

What would make you want to trade down?  Who's off the board for ya at #27 where you want a trade down?

Switch out Campbell for Flowers and I’m right there with ya! 👍

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

a 2024 1st

This all day.  

The talent in this draft is meh.  While I hate not having a first round pick this year, the taken next year could be difference makers.  Also, if night enough, we could trade into the top 10 next year and get a stud

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Jsn and Robinson will for sure be gone. Best offensive line talent will be gone. I think the big factors will be guys like Addison and Mazi Smith, they could very possibly make it to 27 and I could see the bills pulling the trigger. If both are gone I think the bills for sure trade back or at least try.

4 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Jsn and Robinson will for sure be gone. Best offensive line talent will be gone. I think the big factors will be guys like Addison and Mazi Smith, they could very possibly make it to 27 and I could see the bills pulling the trigger. If both are gone I think the bills for sure trade back or at least try.

Agree but I am not crazy about Maxi or Addison. I'd still be very open to trading back with them on the board at pick 27. 

Edited by newcam2012

13 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This all day.  

The talent in this draft is meh.  While I hate not having a first round pick this year, the taken next year could be difference makers.  Also, if night enough, we could trade into the top 10 next year and get a stud

Will a 2024 first rounder help us win this year?  

19 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This all day.  

Harrison Jr.!

17 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This all day.  

Marvin Harrison Jr....

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Realistically there are only about 15-18 true 1st rounders. Most mocks have Campbell & Sanders going early 2nd round. And then there's the problem of finding a reasonable trade down partner?  Players like JSN, Bijan, Wright are going to be long gone by 20 or so. And I'm afraid Pittsburgh @ 32 wants Campbell.  So Beane is going to have to create some magic.  I don't envy him next week.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.